Report - Richard Sherman ARRESTED

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

What the f*ck? 

The operator was the real aggressor in this incident. What a bitch. Should never take another call in that job again.

Some real hot takes early in this thread. Not like this place.

Sounds like Sherman had a bit of an emotional breakdown and sounds like he’s in a bad place. Hope he gets some help before he does anything else.

The operator needs to resign or be fired . Tonight. What a disaster, like a how not to training audio . 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Even a half hearted attempt at google can show you hundreds of videos or information to shred everything you just said, if you're willing to look at stuff from outside of your echo chamber. 

That "autonomous zone" had dozens of incidents of rape and assault of various forms, 3 or 4 murders (2 on live video no less), half a dozen car thefts, couple million in property damage, and how many people were held accountable? Zero. Yet you speak of this 4 week summer of love like it is of no consequence?

Those "nightly protests" in Portland are a figment of your biased imagination. They were full blown riots, and a lot of them (with hundreds of hours of video footage to back up), and they went on for well over 100 days. Yet the DA there refuses to prosecute virtually anyone arrested there. The few who are being prosecuted are being prosecuted at a federal level. Last time I checked "protestors" dont set fire to a federal building with people barricaded inside of it. 

So yes, paragons of safety those cities are... massive eyeroll just in case you're wondering. 

If you want to continue this, I would be more than happy through private messages instead of here. I can happily provide you with a massive amount of sources that arent anything close to Fox or CNN but a simple google search on your end should suffice. 

OK.End of discussion on Seattle and Portland for me.  This is getting too political and I don't want to cross the line.  We'll find out more tomorrow on Sherman, but I sure am glad that neither Sherman nor Watson are Jets.  

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

All the bashing of the 911 operator: she isn’t paid to make people feel better or to be a counselor. She’s paid to get information as quickly as humanly possible.

Sometimes — like when a child dials in — that calls for kindness. Other times — like when a husband and wife are in the middle of an emotional argument — that calls for her to tell the caller to STFU, listen, and provide relevant information immediately. The operator is there to assess the potential threat level and to get information the police need to get in quickly and safely and de-escalate the situation. This ultimately saves lives (the public and the first responders).

I’ve listened to hundreds of 911 calls and one thing you notice is that the operator’s tone changes dramatically once they get the information needed to maximize officer safety: then they turn to comfort mode until officers arrive.

In potential life or death situations: screw your feelings. Unfortunately because of the world we live in she probably has a fair chance of getting sacked because Twitter said she was a meanie. She was dealing with an emotionally distressed caller and she got her centered to provide the needed information. She did her job.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

All the bashing of the 911 operator: she isn’t paid to make people feel better or to be a counselor. She’s paid to get information as quickly as humanly possible.

Sometimes — like when a child dials in — that calls for kindness. Other times — like when a husband and wife are in the middle of an emotional argument — that calls for her to tell the caller to STFU, listen, and provide relevant information immediately. The operator is there to assess the potential threat level and to get information the police need to get in quickly and safely and de-escalate the situation. This ultimately saves lives (the public and the first responders).

I’ve listened to hundreds of 911 calls and one thing you notice is that the operator’s tone changes dramatically once they get the information needed to maximize officer safety: then they turn to comfort mode until officers arrive.

In potential life or death situations: screw your feelings. Unfortunately because of the world we live in she probably has a fair chance of getting sacked because Twitter said she was a meanie. She was dealing with an emotionally distressed caller and she got her centered to provide the needed information. She did her job.

she did? maybe i missed it or maybe the call was edited but i never heard her actually get the address

• Upvote 1