Crowder Out

ganggreen305

47 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

That's right, promising. 357 yards in nine games, a 15.5 yard per catch average, a PFF grade over 80. If you can't see that as promising, you're blind. 

Are you quoting his receiving grade? His total grade was 69.4 last year. Just wondering where you’re getting the over 80.

69.4 is solid for a rookie. So not knocking your comment they Mims showed potential.

36 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Are you quoting his receiving grade? His total grade was 69.4 last year. Just wondering where you’re getting the over 80.

69.4 is solid for a rookie. So not knocking your comment they Mims showed potential.

Yeah, my mistake, I was looking at his preseason grade for this year, which was 83.5 -- third highest on offense behind Corey Davis and Zach Wilson.  His pass catching grade for 2020 was 70.4 -- he had a run blocking grade of 47.3.

EDIT: Incidentally, I think the run blocking grade is one of the reasons why Mims is where he is on the depth chart. It's important in this offense and something he obviously needs to work on.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Yeah, my mistake, I was looking at his preseason grade for this year, which was 83.5 -- third highest on offense behind Corey Davis and Zach Wilson.  His pass catching grade for 2020 was 70.4 -- he had a run blocking grade of 47.3.

EDIT: Incidentally, I think the run blocking grade is one of the reasons why Mims is where he is on the depth chart. It's important in this offense and something he obviously needs to work on.

Thanks.

Im surprised his run blocking grade is so low. I thought he looked good as a prospect when asked to run blocking. Hopefully Corey Davis can show him the ropes.

Good point on his poor run blocking potentially effecting his order in the depth chart.

On 9/10/2021 at 12:55 PM, munchmemory said:

After all the pre-draft hype, hoopla and plenty of chances (last year, off season, this year's camp and preseason) to prove himself better than the rest of our receivers, is Mims a starter for this year's team?  Guess the coaches don't see it either.

Hes been sick.  Recovering from a bad case of food poisoning.

If hes our 4th WR after being taken at 59 & youre really complaining?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Don't really care. Elijah is likely an upgrade anyway. We should trade Crowder.

Crowder might end up being a nice 3rd-5th choice receiver (assuming CD and EM are 1 and 2). We could trade and upgrade others first (e.g. Mims). Also, It will be interesting to see what Keelan Cole becomes on this team. 

2 hours ago, Rikishi said:

I don’t like this news at all. Going into Zachs first game he will only have 1 Target with legit NFL experience in Corey Davis. Beyond that it’s rookies, 2nd year guys, and scrap heapers. 

And yet he still has a way better group of receivers than Sam did last season at any point

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Mims gets his shot.  Supposedly the new coaching staff hasn’t been a fan but he can now prove them wrong 

Stop it.  Don't you know many here have proclaimed Mims a budding star?    What do the coaches know anyway?  Mims is about to capture the imaginations of children and adults alike with his formidable prowess as a receiver.  Sam was holding the lad back.

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2021 at 4:54 PM, munchmemory said:

Stop it.  Don't you know many here have proclaimed Mims a budding star?    What do the coaches know anyway?  Mims is about to capture the imaginations of children and adults alike with his formidable prowess as a receiver.  Sam was holding the lad back.

No, Sam held back Chris Hogan, Chris Herndon, Jeff Malone and Ryan Griffin back from greatness

On 9/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, FidelioJet said:

You don't trade Crowder for precisely this reason.

This season is about ZW development - he needs quality WR's.  And guys get hurt.

We have like 8 slot receivers on the roster.  Crowder has been good but absolutely if we got offered anything like a 4th or better for him JD should take it