Official Injury Updates From Saleh

jetsrule128

And it all happened so fast.  Sherwood and Joyner were gone before I even knew they were gone.  I may have missed Joyner's entire Jet career.  Given the visual picture of events, methinks that Becton and Mann are going to be out far longer than the "minimum."    

So what is the cosmic significance of these events?  Besides the sheer intensity of once again watching our players crumble in game 1?

I will tell you what it means. 

It means that Fant is the starting LT.  Ole.

It means that once Sherwood went down and Cashman crumbled - incredible, isn't it? - in came Delshawn Phillips to plug the dike.  Dude had 12 tackles and is now the starting MIKE.  No sh!t.

It means that - huge Jet fan that I am - I haven't a clue who starts at free safety next week.  If it is Maye, then I have no clue who starts at the strong safety.  I have several candidates of course.  Most of whom were signed off the discard pile as opposed to waiver claims from the cut pile.  In other words, they are thrice sorted trash (once by their team, again for practice squads and finally by the Jets off the street).  At least waiver claims are fresh trash.  There is a poor success rate of finding starters in the triple trash.  But there we are.  Alas, life as a Jet fan.

Last but not least, it means that Ammendola the great - who should have been promptly tried at edge rusher, center and guard - is now the Jets "Picker" (I decided not to name him our Kunter).   At least he added some wonder and laughter to the spectacle.  It truly was a great performance.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

It means that - huge Jet fan that I am - I haven't a clue who starts at free safety next week.  If it is Maye, then I have no clue who starts at the strong safety.  I have several candidates of course.  Most of whom were signed off the discard pile as opposed to waiver claims from the cut pile.  In other words, they are thrice sorted trash (once by their team, again for practice squads and finally by the Jets off the street).  At least waiver claims are fresh trash.  There is a poor success rate of finding starters in the triple trash.  But there we are.  Alas, life as a Jet fan.

If JT Hassell is still available, I have to think he might be coming back.   He looked pretty good in the pre-season games I watched and at least knows the system.  I expect to see him back in green and white in a day or two.

Should be a pretty active tryout day in Florham Park tomorrow.

• Upvote 2