This loss is 100% on the coaching staff and Zach Wilson....

NYJ1

32 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Mims is no where near the route runner or has the hands as Moore.

How did that route tree help today? What has been put on tape so far also makes the hands claim dubious at this time.  Moore’s potential doesn’t outshine his production at the moment.  

Production is key and Mimms has production on tape, and would of definitely helped in the 2 past games no doubt. 

BB took Davis away, and the remaining receiving corps fell on its face in futile fashion.  Where was Kaleen, Smith and the rest? Ineffective land. 

what I see are the signs of a stubborn coach unwilling to move off a decision that was made despite the alternative of his decision isn’t working at the moment. Now I don’t now what coach is being so damn stubborn, but is is definitely a trend that is starting to show itself. 

Semper Fi

• Upvote 1

How did that route tree help today? What has been put on tape so far also makes the hands claim dubious at this time.  Moore’s potential doesn’t outshine his production at the moment.  

Production is key and Mimms has production on tape, and would of definitely helped in the 2 past games no doubt. 

BB took Davis away, and the remaining receiving corps fell on its face in futile fashion.  Where was Kaleen, Smith and the rest? Ineffective land. 

what I see are the signs of a stubborn coach unwilling to move off a decision that was made despite the alternative of his decision isn’t working at the moment. Now I don’t now what coach is being so damn stubborn, but is is definitely a trend that is starting to show itself. 

Semper Fi

Mims has production?
Mims is a lazy route runner, Moore isn’t.

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

Mims has production?
Mims is a lazy route runner, Moore isn’t.

Moore’s ability to run routes did produce results, did it? And yes Mimms has made enough receptions in his snaps that warrants me to believe he is a benefit on the field regardless of the label he’s been given this season. 
If Mimms and Davis are on the field together then the defense cannot shut one down while not exposing themselves to the other.  That’s what Beli did, and dares Wilson and the Jag receivers and the rookie to beat it, they failed. Mimms isn’t Stephen Hill or Curtis Conway, he has produced in his snaps given in game time last year and this season. 

I’m not against Moore and I hope he grows into a weapon as much as you do, but right now the usage of the receivers is idiotic at best. 

Semper Fi

5 hours ago, JTJet said:

This loss is 100% on Zach wilson. 

Fixed that for you. The coaches had nothing to do with Zach making those very poor decisions. 

Agreed.

The coaches have the defense playing well 2 weeks in a row… and the OL was much better today.  Zach had time to throw.

Wilson was horrendous today.  100% on Zach Wilson.

This season isn’t a practice session for a rookie QB and this isn’t a developmental league. I’m tired of hearing young Jets Qbs and coaches say the same thing about learning and improving every game. That’s all fine and well but how many times have we heard the same thing and it says nothing about winning games now. If you decide to start a rookie Qb you assume the guy can perform and adequately run an offense. If not he shouldn’t be starting. Unfortunately our backup Qb has never had a snap in an NFL regular season game. How’s about playing to win games because this plan hasn't worked no matter who the GM, Qb and HC. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

That pick was on Wilson. Corey Davis had to jump sideways to barely get his hands on the ball. I'm not banging Corey Davis for missing a horribly placed ball. That ball is caught 10% of the time. I'll bang a receiver on a 50-50 ball. 

Disagree. But even so, it wasn't a bad decision by Zach, just a bad throw in that case. He made the right read. 

I obviously don't think the throw was great but I think Davis should have caught it, or at least don't let it go right through your hands like it did. I'll have to watch it again. 

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

What does that have to do with how the Jets played today?

Some here have stated that Jones looks like the best QB from this past draft.

Tua scored 1 TD week 1 and Wilson threw 4 pics. Jones is riding the NE RBs to glory and throwing 5 yard passes. Watch how fast the Jones hype loses air after facing a good QB.

Wilson is going to be allowed to look bad this season because the Jets coaching staff is letting him play and make mistakes. 

12 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The last pick was the worst one. He was playing hero ball with no hero even around to make the play. 

The first pick was a bad decision. The second pick was on Davis.

The third pick was a poor throw and not really a great decision either, although I knew what he was trying to do on the play. He needed to put that ball over the defenders head so that Moore either catches it, or it goes too far out of play and is incomplete. He under threw the ball for an easy pick. Terrible throw and he probably shouldn't have even been trying to make that throw given the down and distance and where the Jets were on the field. 

Hero ball? Need a hero? FREE DENZEL!! He may not know the playbook, he may have hurt LaFleur feelings, he may not fit this system that doesn’t work, but he’s big, physical and thru ra on contested balls. At this point could he makes this team any worse? Seriously? 

10 hours ago, Barton said:

Yup. Dude is already getting into bad habits.

Shame on Douglas and Saleh for even playing this kid week 1. Mahomes sat his entire rookie year and the his offensive cast was far superior to the Jets current team. Not to mention, an experienced head coach in Reid.

The Jets organization is doing exactly what the fans want.

Start Zach Wilson.

P Mannings rookie NFL season amounted to a 3 - 13 record, 25 TDs and 28 INTs.

10 hours ago, Claymation said:

Mims is no where near the route runner or has the hands as Moore.

Eh Randy Moss didn’t run real routes his entire career while its great to have great route runners it isn’t the only path to being a successful WR.. Mims flat out can do things moore, berrios, Cole cant with his skillset. It is what it is though. If you look at niners, rams, and every other team with this particular  system. They have the same kinda WR’s all Twitchy Route Runners not any Mims types.. its exactly why those teams went with Aiyuk and Van Jefferson over Mims.