Zack Wilson take from Fins Fan

1 minute ago, slats said:

The weaponz are going to be a major priority over the offseason. They need a couple starting caliber TEs as well as at least one WR better than Davis. I was psyched when they drafted Mims, compounding my disappointment. But the TEs are really what’s missing to run this offense, and help your young QB. If they make just one major splash in free agency, I hope it’s for an impactful TE. Then maybe taking another between the second and fourth rounds. 

At a loss how the Jets went into this season without a viable TE or 2 so Wilson could have a dumpoff outlet when plays get extended or go sideways. Whoever the QB is, a TE is a necessity.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

This post sounds like me when I’m defending Tua for his dink and dunk. Tua has 7.1 ypa and Josh Allen has 7.1, yet we cleary know they’re not the same…

Which is why I triangulated with advanced stats. Tua's Intended Air Yards Per Attempt is terrible. The only starter he is higher than is Jared Goff.

I still think Tua is better than most people think, though.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

At a loss how the Jets went into this season without a viable TE or 2 so Wilson could have a dumpoff outlet when plays get extended or go sideways. Whoever the QB is, a TE is a necessity.

Mac Jones' top two receivers were UDFAs.

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Belichick cornered the market last year. JD needs to do that next year. 

1 hour ago, dolphann4life said:

Ok, here we go! You need this! A rebirth of renewed Zach Wilson hope gifted to you by a Dolphins fan! 

I watch or atleast keep an eye on every Jets game. So I’m very familiar with Zachs strengths and weaknesses. While I want him to fail miserably because he’s our rival, I can’t see how some of you can’t see the potential he oozes! 

Did you not see this kids insane Escapability yesterday? I mean it’s truly something. He does this multiple times a game too! It’s a trait that will eventually lead your team to many big plays. 

His short throw accuracy has been a wekapoint in his game but we’ve seen guys fix that. Josh Allen anyone? 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’d rather have Wilson’s game breaking potential over Mac Jones dink and dunk. This kid is 22 years old! We expect these kids to come in be elite right off the bat. No chance to grow. It’s really getting ridiculous. And your roster isn’t exactly stocked with top notch offensive talent and your defense does your offense very little favors.

We don't expect them to be elite right off the bat.  What an aburdly dumb comment after an attempt at a reasonable post.  

1 minute ago, slats said:

The weaponz are going to be a major priority over the offseason. They need a couple starting caliber TEs as well as at least one WR better than Davis. I was psyched when they drafted Mims, compounding my disappointment. But the TEs are really what’s missing to run this offense, and help your young QB. If they make just one major splash in free agency, I hope it’s for an impactful TE. Then maybe taking another between the second and fourth rounds. 

Agree with all of this.  Unfortunately the TE draft pool (nor the free agent class, for that matter...) are all that deep.  I'd be satisfied if they went into next year with 1. Dalton Schultz 2. Tyler Kroft 3. Rookie TE.

In terms of WR, I'm pretty gung-ho on one of our 1st rounders going that direction.  Highly doubt Davante or Godwin even consider coming here, so we need to build our own thing.  Elijah Moore, Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, Berrios.... bring back Crowder?

Just now, Biggs said:

We don't expect them to be elite right off the bat.  What an aburdly dumb comment after an attempt at a reasonable post.  

The comment rings true. It appears nearly every fan base wants to replace their young rookie QB if they don’t have record setting years like Herbert. I’m living through it in Miami right now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dolphann4life said:

Mac Jones also has an elite defense and a team that can line up and run the ball 100 times in a row and win. 

Jones has a:

• higher YPA than Brady
  • higher Intended Air Yards Per Attempt than Mahomes
  • higher Completed Air Yards Per Completion than Aaron Rodgers
  • higher QBR than Russell Wilson

All while supported with less YAC per completion than any of them.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Agree with all of this.  Unfortunately the TE draft pool (nor the free agent class, for that matter...) are all that deep.  I'd be satisfied if they went into next year with 1. Dalton Schultz 2. Tyler Kroft 3. Rookie TE.

In terms of WR, I'm pretty gung-ho on one of our 1st rounders going that direction.  Highly doubt Davante or Godwin even consider coming here, so we need to build our own thing.  Elijah Moore, Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, Berrios.... bring back Crowder?

I think just about everyone is on board with an Edge with their first pick. With the second? All things being equal, I’d love a WR. I’m thinking LB or WR after a trade down. 

2 minutes ago, slats said:

I think just about everyone is on board with an Edge with their first pick. With the second? All things being equal, I’d love a WR. I’m thinking LB or WR after a trade down. 

Yes, the dream scenario (for me) is:  1a) Hutchinson / Thibodeaux,  1b) following a trade down to nab a 2023 1st - Garrett Wilson or Jameson Williams

• Upvote 1

It’s good to hear anything positive. And the Fins fan could be right. So far we’ve seen spurts of good play but inconsistency in the offense. One good half and then zero. Zach hasn’t been making plays and boosting his teammates who are overall below average. As far as escapability he was sacked 5 times yesterday. 

I will say this, (and I think Tua is a very good player) , I would not trade Zach for Tua knowing what we know. I understand Zach may never be as good, but I’m going roll the dice on a guy that has that out this world ability.  Maybe he never.  gets there   There were 2 throws yesterday that most of the league doesn’t make.  And he has so much more in the toolkit 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It’s good to hear anything positive. And the Fins fan could be right. So far we’ve seen spurts of good play but inconsistency in the offense. One good half and then zero. Zach hasn’t been making plays and boosting his teammates who are overall below average. As far as escapability he was sacked 5 times yesterday. 

I mean he can’t be Houdini every play lol. There should’ve been 8sacks yesterday maybe more. But you can see the kid flash. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

We're going to have to go with a Njoku and/or Howard type guy. Bet on elite athleticism and hope for the best...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jones has a:

• higher YPA than Brady
  • higher Intended Air Yards Per Attempt than Mahomes
  • higher Completed Air Yards Per Completion than Aaron Rodgers
  • higher QBR than Russell Wilson

All while supported with less YAC per completion than any of them.

We get it man. You’re using cherry picked advanced stats to make your argument. I do this with Tua constantly lol you’re  kidding yourself If you think Mac Jones has similar ability to Rodgers, Brady, And Patty Mahomes as far as deep passing is concerned. 

8 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

We get it man. You’re using cherry picked advanced stats to make your argument. I do this with Tua constantly lol you’re  kidding yourself If you think Mac Jones has similar ability to Rodgers, Brady, And Patty Mahomes as far as deep passing is concerned. 

Cherry picked, lol. Do you know what that even means? I used the the four most relevant stats to refute the statement that Jones is a "dink and dunker" and I used the entire year -- every game. Didn't carve any out, excuse any away or even remove the Bills game when he threw 3 times. None of that. I even included a bonus stat that Jones' YPA is the least inflated with YAC yards than any other QB listed.  Did I miss something? If you brought a dish to the potluck, put it on the table so we an all have a taste.

There is no need for me to address your strawman that this somehow means I am equating the QBs in ability.

2 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

The comment rings true. It appears nearly every fan base wants to replace their young rookie QB if they don’t have record setting years like Herbert. I’m living through it in Miami right now. 

What a dopey double down.   You do know there's a difference between being elite like Herbert and being the worst starting QB in the league.  

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Cherry picked. Do you know what that means? I used the most important stats to refute the statement that Jones is a "dink and dunker" and I used the entire year -- every game. Didn't carve any out, excuse any away, remove the Bills game when he threw 3 times. None of that. 

There is no need for me to address your strawman that this someone means I am equating the QBs in ability.

Mac jones 23rd in passes attempted at 30+ Air yards. Mac Jones also has the highest pocket time at 2.4 with an elite offense line, yet they still don’t throw downfield. Only one with a straw man argument  is you searching advanced stats trying to piece together data that makes him appear on par with the games greats. Truly bizzare. 

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

What a dopey double down.   You do know there's a difference between being elite like Herbert and being the worst starting QB in the league.  

Again, Tua was far from the worst QB in the league last year yet in the media and within the fan base he needed to be replaced ASAP. Young QBs are on the shortest leash they’ve ever been on in today’s nfl. 

2 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

Mac jones 23rd in passes attempted at 30+ Air yards. Mac Jones also has the highest pocket time at 2.4 with an elite offense line, yet they still don’t throw downfield. Only one with a straw man argument  is you searching advanced stats trying to piece together data that makes him appear on par with the games greats. Truly bizzare. 

You pick one stat -- while ignoring he's 12th in 20+ yard passes -- and call me cherry picking.

You, sir, are very bad at this.

29 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Define terms. No NFL QB is asked to do anything more than he's doing right now,and doing it very  well. Is there some Big Time Passer metric? Need to throw 70 yards into a garbage can? 

Jones throws deep and with accuracy. He has been throwing 40 yard ropes at Alabama and he's doing it now. This was ANOTHER catastrophic Jets draft F___k up. 

It’s like we watch different games, did you guys not see the deep throw to Harry? Very Tua ish, Mac literally put his entire essence into the throw and it was still under thown.

Herbert had a similar play and the pass was on a rope, that’s what dudes mean when they say he can’t throw deep. 

Tossing around a misleading stat like YPA is a good try tho ??

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I think that’s been by design to allow him to learn to take the easy stuff he struggled  mightily with most of this year. I would imagine once he gets that down then we will see him take some shots down field.

Yesterday they literally did not let him take one deep attempt, that resulted in a pretty boring game but it also lead to his second straight game without an interception. Seems to be where they are at with him right now. Hopefully at some point he can learn to do both things in a single game. Kid was never ready start this year on this young team with this young coaching staff, that’s why we are here. 

Who are they sending long yesterday? Maybe Mims? Who sucks… Tyler Croft… butterfingers Davis is on IR as is Moore, Does Crowder ever run a long route?

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, slats said:

100% agree on TE. It’s very noticeable how Zach gets comfortable when he has big guys to throw to under pressure. 

6 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

Again, Tua was far from the worst QB in the league last year yet in the media and within the fan base he needed to be replaced ASAP. Young QBs are on the shortest leash they’ve ever been on in today’s nfl. 

True Sam Darnold is proof of this. As for Tua he managed an ok game for you yesterday but had a great running game against a weak defense who gave up double the ground yardage you average per week. But still he almost blew the game against a better team it would have been an L. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Particularly when the offensive system they're trying to run is so heavily reliant on TE's.  This offense is more reliant on TEs than any other system...

Very poor management here.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

You pick one stat -- while ignoring he's 12th in 20+ yard passes -- and call me cherry picking.

You, sir, are very bad at this.

Simply pointing out the obvious, they don’t throw downfield. All this with the most pocket time in the whole league. Advanced stats also say Tua is Elite at completing deep balls and we both know he’s far from a deep ball passer in his young career.

28 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It’s funny, I was watching, especially the second half, Zach would say hike, and he would be running for his life immediately… I figured I’d go on jetnation and hear how it’s his fault for getting sacked

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Yeah but it’s painfully obvious they aren’t trying to win. They are trying to fix the mess they created by forcing the kid who obviously wasn’t ready to start in the first place. 

How did the team do with a Super Bowl champ at QB, their best LT, and better WRs against this same team a few weeks ago?

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

It’s like we watch different games, did you guys not see the deep throw to Harry? Very Tua ish, Mac literally put his entire essence into the throw and it was still under thown.

Herbert had a similar play and the pass was on a rope, that’s what dudes mean when they say he can’t throw deep. 

Tossing around a misleading stat like YPA is a good try tho ??

Trust me I’ve been down the advanced stat hole to try and prove Tua can throw deep lol he clearly has an average arm. I’ve accepted it. I now just focus on what he does best, short accurate throws lol anyone with eyes can see guys like Mahomes, Herbert and Allen are a different level of arm talent then a guy like Jones. 

• Sympathy 1