Zack Wilson take from Fins Fan

You are right. And I even watched his short throws yesterday and they were pretty spot on save for a few that all QBs do each game. So, that is something to build on moving forward for short passing efficiency. Things broken down into the 2nd half a little more to physical aspects then what most of the fans like to blame. The big blame is always half time adjustments. The Fins blitz 40% of the time and even a healthy Jets Oline would have struggled with that for 60 mins. let alone a 3rd string LT and a LG for parts of the game that probably Mr. Feeney from "Saved by the Bell" would have blocked better instead of this Feeney does. Sure a few more screens would have helped, but only so much since there are always defenders that stay back to limit those. The Jets are last place in the division for a reason, and as you said it has likely more to do with the whole team of players out there then the QB and coaches themselves. As Bart Scott always said, the Jets current D couldn't stop a node bleed.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I think the Tannehill avatar gave it away, a real Phins fan wouldn’t use that. It’s like still using a Sanchez avatar if you’re a Jets fan.

Yeah, Jets fans would never continue to die on a hill for a former Jets QB...

• Haha 4

One of my biggest issues right now with Zach Wilson is that he doesn't use his biggest strength in the game, it least he hasn't, outside of the Eagles game, since he came back. He has incredible arm talent. He should be trying to push the ball down the field more, even with injuries to Davis and Moore. Hopefully against a bad Jaguars team we see him take more shots down the field. 

Zach has a ton of physical ability, but he has to put it all together. Hopefully next year he will. We shall see. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think that’s been by design to allow him to learn to take the easy stuff he struggled  mightily with most of this year. I would imagine once he gets that down then we will see him take some shots down field.

Yesterday they literally did not let him take one deep attempt, that resulted in a pretty boring game but it also lead to his second straight game without an interception. Seems to be where they are at with him right now. Hopefully at some point he can learn to do both things in a single game. Kid was never ready start this year on this young team with this young coaching staff, that’s why we are here. 

I agree with everything you wrote. But even when consciously doing this to help develop Wilson, you gotta try a couple deep shots a game anyway put some fear in the D. It's like trying to win a boxing match with only jabs. That only works if you are Floyd Mayweather literally the best jabber in history.

That said, what they are doing with Wilson is exactly my plan from a few weeks ago. Focus purely on getting his compl. % up. I should've clarified so they didn't implement 100% literally.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

It's a real pity that Moore went down when he did right as Zach was coming back. With Davis shut down and Mims being terrible at football, Moore is the one guy on the roster with the athletic talent to consistently get behind secondaries.

Davis or Mims bigger disappointment? It’s Mims for me because I honestly thought with his measurable’s and with the physical ness he went after the ball we had something with him. Turns out his laziness and inability to learn the playbook was just as bad as it seemed it was.

I thought Corey Davis could catch better but never thought he would be that number one guy this year. Whelp! I thought  Mim’s would rise to that role during the season . Stupid fat people man! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Davis or Mims bigger disappointment? It’s Mims for me because I honestly thought with his measurable’s and with the physical ness he went after the ball we had something with him. Turns out his laziness and inability to learn the playbook was just as bad as it seemed it was.

I thought Corey Davis could catch better but never thought he would be that number one guy this year. Whelp! I thought  Mim’s would rise to that role during the season . Stupid fat people man! 

Davis is who was I thought he was and is a reasonable enough pay-to-performance ratio for a FA.

Mims is a massive disappointment. He's an elite athlete even among other elite athletes. Wastes of immense talent are always disappointing (although, sadly, not rare in any walk of life).

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I agree with everything you wrote. But even when consciously doing this to help develop Wilson, you gotta try a couple deep shots a game anyway put some fear in the D. It's like trying to win a boxing match with only jabs. That only works if you are Floyd Mayweather literally the best jabber in history.

That said, what they are doing with Wilson is exactly my plan from a few weeks ago. Focus purely on getting his compl. % up. I should've clarified so they didn't implement 100% literally.

Yeah but it’s painfully obvious they aren’t trying to win. They are trying to fix the mess they created by forcing the kid who obviously wasn’t ready to start in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah but it’s painfully obvious they aren’t trying to win. They are trying to fix the mess they created by forcing the kid who obviously wasn’t ready to start in the first place. 

2 deep shots a game would make that job easier. Don't even care if complete. They just need to be in the ballpark.

• Upvote 1

Definitely Mims. 

Despite the drops, Davis actually flashed with Wilson early in the season, before he got hurt. 

Mims has just been a massive disappointment. If Mims were good, the 2020 draft class would look infinitely better than it does now. I still keep waiting for his physical ability to flash and it just never does. Huge bummer. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Definitely Mims. 

Despite the drops, Davis actually flashed with Wilson early in the season, before he got hurt. 

Mims has just been a massive disappointment. If Mims were good, the 2020 draft class would look infinitely better than it does now. I still keep waiting for his physical ability to flash and it just never does. Huge bummer. 

It's always dangerous to take a couple Tik Toks out of context but the vids of Mims in practice are not a good look for him.

If videos existed of him hustling and balling out, Jets PR or Mims' agent would find a way to make sure they got out there.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

2 deep shots a game would make that job easier. Don't even care if complete. They just need to be in the ballpark.

Exactly.   Plus, do we even know if Wilson can play action pass?   Carter was running fairly well yesterday.  Why not have Wilson play action and throw a deep ball?  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Mac Jones dink and dunk; When people write this kind of nonsense, are you watching some other Mac Jones? Guy consistently throws deep, 30-40 yards, with accuracy, every game. And he did so at Alabama too. 

Contrary to the dink and dunk narrative, Jones has a:

• higher YPA than Brady
  • higher Intended Air Yards Per Attempt than Mahomes
  • higher Completed Air Yards Per Completion than Aaron Rodgers
  • higher QBR than Russell Wilson

All while being supported by less YAC Per Completion than all of them -- which may have something to do with Mac Jones' top 2 receivers being UDFAs (no weaponinz!!).

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Mac Jones dink and dunk; When people write this kind of nonsense, are you watching some other Mac Jones? Guy consistently throws deep, 30-40 yards, with accuracy, every game. And he did so at Alabama too. 

So did Tua lol It’s different in the NFL. Surely you’re not saying Macs arm talent is equal to Zachs are you? 

48 minutes ago, dolphann4life said:

Ok, here we go! You need this! A rebirth of renewed Zach Wilson hope gifted to you by a Dolphins fan! 

I watch or atleast keep an eye on every Jets game. So I’m very familiar with Zachs strengths and weaknesses. While I want him to fail miserably because he’s our rival, I can’t see how some of you can’t see the potential he oozes! 

Did you not see this kids insane Escapability yesterday? I mean it’s truly something. He does this multiple times a game too! It’s a trait that will eventually lead your team to many big plays. 

His short throw accuracy has been a wekapoint in his game but we’ve seen guys fix that. Josh Allen anyone? 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’d rather have Wilson’s game breaking potential over Mac Jones dink and dunk. This kid is 22 years old! We expect these kids to come in be elite right off the bat. No chance to grow. It’s really getting ridiculous. And your roster isn’t exactly stocked with top notch offensive talent and your defense does your offense very little favors.

Of course and thank you for your honesty. When you get an unbiased opinion this is what you'll see.

This is what most are seeing - because it's the reality.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, dolphann4life said:

So did Tua lol It’s different in the NFL. Surely you’re not saying Macs arm talent is equal to Zachs are you? 

Without any doubt, yes. Your take is ill-informed. Jones throws deep, and with accuracy. He is not some noodle-armed post-surgery Pennington. By eyeballs and stats; see JGB above, silly goose. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Contrary to the dink and dunk narrative, Jones has a:

• higher YPA than Brady
  • higher Intended Air Yards Per Attempt than Mahomes
  • higher Completed Air Yards Per Completion than Aaron Rodgers
  • higher QBR than Russell Wilson

All while being supported by less YAC Per Completion than all of them -- which may have something to do with Mac Jones' top 2 receivers being UDFAs (no weaponinz!!).

This post sounds like me when I’m defending Tua for his dink and dunk. Tua has 7.1 ypa and Josh Allen has 7.1, yet we cleary know they’re not the same…

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Mims aye, huge disappointment. Most of that draft class is tbqh.

• Upvote 1

It would be helpful to have a few receivers (that actually try) taller than 5-10.  Moore, Crowder, Berrios--not exactly big guys high pointing balls over DBs.

Seeing guys like Davante Parker and Isaih Ford jump over our DBs makes me envious.

This isn't a "he needs weaponz" take, Zach has not been good.

Some big WRs would really be nice.  And a true playmanking TE.

Big guys.  Please.   

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Without any doubt, yes. Your take is ill-informed. Jones throws deep, and with accuracy. He is not some noodle-armed post-surgery Pennington. By eyeballs and stats; see JGB above, silly goose. 

Ok so you view Mac jones as a big time downfield passer? We’ll have to agree to disagree. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Jones is already in complete and total control of that offense and that’s impressive. Yet, he had a couple throws last game that just didn’t have the zip on the ball to get their on time or one at the distance it needed. Dude has some of the nicest short term accuracy and anticipation I seem of anyone coming out in quite the while. The long game improved for Brady as time went in so it might for Jones as well. If he really had a strong arm with everything else he posses  he would have been the number one overall pick. Kid has a better understanding of the WBs  than any other guy coming out but his arm simply isn’t there yet. Zach? He just stinks right now. Not even comparable yet 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dolphann4life said:

Ok so you view Mac jones as a big time downfield passer? We’ll have to agree to disagree. 

Define terms. No NFL QB is asked to do anything more than he's doing right now,and doing it very  well. Is there some Big Time Passer metric? Need to throw 70 yards into a garbage can? 

Jones throws deep and with accuracy. He has been throwing 40 yard ropes at Alabama and he's doing it now. This was ANOTHER catastrophic Jets draft F___k up. 

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The weaponz are going to be a major priority over the offseason. They need a couple starting caliber TEs as well as at least one WR better than Davis. I was psyched when they drafted Mims, compounding my disappointment. But the TEs are really what’s missing to run this offense, and help your young QB. If they make just one major splash in free agency, I hope it’s for an impactful TE. Then maybe taking another between the second and fourth rounds. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bugg said:

Define terms. No NFL QB is asked to do anything more than he's doing right now,and doing it very  well. Is there some Big Time Passer metric? Need to throw 70 yards into a garbage can? 

Jones throws deep and with accuracy. He has been throwing 40 yard ropes at Alabama and he's doing it now. This was ANOTHER catastrophic Jets draft F___k up. 

Ok fair enough. Can I ask your view on Tua? He’s currently 2nd in deep ball accuracy. Over the last 6 weeks he also had the most 50+ yard pass plays. Do you consider tua a deep ball passer?