Do what you want with this information

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Wow. That’s surprising. It feels like Mike White was significantly better.

It’s because he threw for a bunch of yards against the Bengals and he won.  

People like to talk about dropped picks etc.  I rarely see the dropped pick 6 White threw that later lead to one of his TDs.  Mike White played fine against Cinci.  It’s not the jaw dropping performance some make it out to be.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

When Zach's guys catch the ball they were already in the process of being tackled because they don't gain separation.

So those same receivers gained separation for other QB's but not Zach?  Interesting.

I'm sure you've taken the time to consider all the times Zach fails to put the ball in an optimal place for his receivers to catch and run.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So even with Wilson's improved play of late, we were still better with two 3rd string-caliber QB's and a semi-retired, 36 year old Joe Flacco.

Oh, joy.  

Did we play the same teams all 8 games?  With the same players on our team?

Another pointless analogy 

Starting with vets at QB vs a raw rookie 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So those same receivers gained separation for other QB's but not Zach?  Interesting.

I'm sure you've taken the time to consider all the times Zach fails to put the ball in an optimal place for his receivers to catch and run.

They arent the same receivers.  You know that.  Wth is wrong with you?!

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That ended for me when you started bringing him up in threads that had nothing to do with him like you had carte blanche, assuming that only people saying mean things about Zach in non-Zach threads were the sole problem.  Consider that truce over.  In any case this is a Zach Wilson thread, so I'm following the rules. 

But go ahead and run off to Max if it hurts your feelings to read takes that suggest maybe throwing for 102 yards against the Jaguars might not be great news.  

What are you talking about?  When did I bring up who, where?  See me running off to max?  My point was youre boring as it gets while not making sense.  I cant help it you dont get the whole rookie QB thing and just want to keep repeating yourself over and over.  

Like you did with Adams and then Williams.  

What truce.  

28 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The 4 games that turned Mike White into a legend:

88/132. 953 Yards.  5 tds.  8 picks. 75.1 QB Rating

Zach Wilson’s last 4 games:

69/125.  700 yards.  3TDs.  1 pick.  76.1 QB rating.

I’m so juiced to watch the Zachistans explain Wilson’s demolition at the hands of the Bills after spending two months exclaiming that Mike White’s Bills performance was so disqualifying that he should never take a snap again in the NFL

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All QB's have WR's who drop passes too but you wouldn't know it when people read your posts.

I'll agree to never say the word "dropped pick" ever again if you agree to never mention a dropped pass again.  Deal?

Different thing completely.  Faaaaaar more dropped passes this year than picks. 
With that said, I accept. 
 I won’t mention the continued drops if you stop with this utter interception drops nonsense. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Get back to me when Wilson's numbers stop looking like Rosen's.  Wilson having a starting job longer than Rosen isn't going to be a "drop the mic" moment if Wilson ends up holding the Jets back longer than Rosen did, similar to the way Sam Darnold failed here.

Get your nose out of the stat page and watch games.

If you see similarities we will drop the mike

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

I might be going out on a limb here, but I think Jetsfan80 doesn't like Zach Wilson.  I'm just going by what he has said of late.  

I don't like QB's who suck and hold back offenses for my favorite team, yes.

I didn't like Sam Darnold either.  That take isn't nearly as unpopular now as it was when he was wearing the uniform.  Wonder why?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m so juiced to watch the Zachistans explain Wilson’s demolition at the hands of the Bills after spending two months exclaiming that Mike White’s Bills performance was so disqualifying that he should never take a snap again in the NFL

But White had the great Jamison Crowder at his disposal dude

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Mike White played fine against Cinci.  It’s not the jaw dropping performance some make it out to be.

His jersey from that game is in the NFL Hall of Fame. People liked Mike White because the team liked playing with Mike White. It was a fun team when Mike White played. It’s been a daycare for young Utahns when Zach Wilson plays and the team knows it. 

• Upvote 2

Im just as juiced, no idiotic names for MW, that you explain off actual numbers from his last 4 games with fantasy numbers youre dreaming up for ZW vs Buffalo. 

I cant wait for ZW to light up the Bills and others whine that the Bills rested players

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you think less points is better in certain instances.  Got it.   

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets offense with Wilson under center (10 games, we won't credit the Pats game to him):  15.1 ppg

Jets offense with any other QB under center:  22.2 ppg

That’s not how statistics work, friend. As I have pointed out to you before, you seem to have an issue understanding why sample sizes are important when citing averages. Basically, these numbers aren’t as meaningful as you seem to think. 

As we have already discussed, the 22.2 ppg comes from 4 games, but they scored 34 points in one of them and 30 points in another after falling behind 42-10. 

Your basic problem is that you are comparing 10 games (a small sample size) to 4 games (a tiny sample size) with potential outliers skewing things among the smaller sample size. This is why I have been telling you it’s silly to obsess over averages spanning only a handful of games in a rookie season. 

This is without even getting into the context of these numbers (e.g. how they scored, what kind of defenses they were playing, which WRs were active, etc). 

• Upvote 4

So its 2021 and we're back to the #Weppinz argument.  Unreal.  As if the last decade of Jets football taught Jets fans absolutely nothing.  

Because some actually believe that weapons dont make a difference

Flatearthers and all

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

His jersey from that game is in the NFL Hall of Fame. People liked Mike White because the team liked playing with Mike White. It was a fun team when Mike White played. It’s been a daycare for young Utahns when Zach Wilson plays and the team knows it. 

It was fun for one game, but what about that other game? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All QB's have WR's who drop passes too but you wouldn't know it when people read your posts.

I'll agree to never say the word "dropped pick" ever again if you agree to never mention a dropped pass again.  Deal?

Jets WRs lead the league in dropped passes.

Kind of different.  So keep that dropped INT in your pocket for the day Wilson lead the league in that stat.  

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey I never said that after the Bills game.

I said it after the Bengals game.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I thought he was Polynesian 

So its 2021 and we're back to the #Weppinz argument.  Unreal.  As if the last decade of Jets football taught Jets fans absolutely nothing.  

Darnold can both have lacked weapons, and been bad at the same time.  It's possible that's happening to Zach as well.

But we've all watched football for well over a decade, and when your top weapons aren't playing, it's a problem.

Shoot, the very excuse used as to why we beat the Titans was that their top 2 receivers were out.

Nobody is claiming Zach is the answer to FQB for the Jets.  We only are claiming that just because he isn't putting up great stats, doesn't mean that he's not getting better at things that matter.  If you watch the games you can see it.

If you were to design a season to make a young QB look as bad as possible, this would be it.

Have his OL trash him at the start of the year putting his QB clock all out of whack and he throws some bad INT's.

Have some unknown guy come in and put up some paper numbers, then have another unknown guy do it against prevent defense.  Then have Flacco throw for 290 yards so people can claim 300.

Then at that moment have your top 2 receivers, top TE, and top 2 RB's go down with injury and bring your young QB back in to that situation and then line up some of the better defenses in the league for him to play against while continuing to lose more receivers in the process to the point where Barrios is the number one option.

All while the defense is going on a historically bad run and are unable to get off the field to give him more than 1 drive per quarter.

--------

This isn't to excuse him for dirting balls to guys, but if you were to write a script on "come up with one of the most difficult situations you can think of for a young rookie QB to go through", this really isn't very far from it.

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Im just as juiced, no idiotic names for MW, that you explain off actual numbers from his last 4 games with fantasy numbers youre dreaming up for ZW vs Buffalo. 

I cant wait for ZW to light up the Bills and others whine that the Bills rested players

You waiting for Zach Wilson to light up the Bills:

Feeling Spooky Pumpkin Spice GIF

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

That’s not how statistics work, friend. As I have pointed out to you before, you seem to have an issue understanding why sample sizes are important when citing averages. Basically, these numbers aren’t as meaningful as you seem to think. 

As we have already discussed, the 22.2 ppg comes from 4 games, but they scored 34 points in one of them and 30 points in another after falling behind 42-10. 

Your basic problem is that you are comparing 10 games (a small sample size) to 4 games (a tiny sample size) with potential outliers skewing things among the smaller sample size. This is why I have been telling you it’s silly to obsess over averages spanning only a handful of games in a rookie season. 

This is without even getting into the context of these numbers (e.g. how they scored, what kind of defenses they were playing, which WRs were active, etc). 

Did you miss the part above where Zach's most recent 4 game stretch was isolated, and he still averaged less ppg (19.25) than the other QB's did (22.0) in their 4.5 game stretch?

Any way you play with the numbers, the offense has been better with two 3rd string-caliber QB's and a semi-retired, 36 year old Flacco than it has been with Wilson.  

• Upvote 1

He was 7/11 for 95 yards and a TD to open the Colts game. He went out and the defense stopped playing because there ain’t no sunshine when Mike White’s gone

Yep, he had a great opening drive in the colts game. but then got hurt (again). But what happened in that next game? 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Did you miss the part above where Zach's most recent 4 game stretch was isolated, and he still averaged less ppg (19.25) than the other QB's did (22.0) in their 4.5 game stretch?

Not to quibble, but you included the Berrios kick return in this equation

• Upvote 1