Dolphins Hire Mike McDaniel As HC

13 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Duuuude, I just saw his presser, holy hell! How does someone listen to this guy for 5 seconds and think he’s going to lead a group of football players into battle. This is my prime example of how this fad of hiring genius offensive minds is leading to disaster at HC. These are nerds who can figure out extremely detailed plays, but being a HC requires you to be relatable as a human being and to be the whip when needed. This guy, just like Gase for example, is just awkward and has zero ability to be a HC. Thank God the Dolphins hired him!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Was the presser bad? I saw a few clips of him being interviewed. Gase level bad.

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have seen him in a few interviews. All I will say is the NY media would eat this guy up.

The Dolphins released his call with Tua. It was supposed to be a pump up thing. The coach was stuttering, unreal.

I haven't heard the call but I think it may be a rough go for him down there. Now I'm sorta concerned he takes McBride at the end of the 1st since they have the 49ers pick

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

Was the presser bad? I saw a few clips of him being interviewed. Gase level bad.

He's either the next generation of coach that proves you just need the analytics to win or it will be a train wreck of epic proportions when this guy tries to lead grown men into battle after a rough 1-4 start to the season and they all just laugh at him. 

On 2/10/2022 at 12:29 PM, Snell41 said:

Duuuude, I just saw his presser, holy hell! How does someone listen to this guy for 5 seconds and think he’s going to lead a group of football players into battle. This is my prime example of how this fad of hiring genius offensive minds is leading to disaster at HC. These are nerds who can figure out extremely detailed plays, but being a HC requires you to be relatable as a human being and to be the whip when needed. This guy, just like Gase for example, is just awkward and has zero ability to be a HC. Thank God the Dolphins hired him!

I'm just curious if you think Bill Belichick is "relatable" to his players?

Bruce Arians?

Pete Carrol?

The players just want to be put in a position to succeed.  Damien Woody speaks about this all the time.  The "win one for the gipper" stuff is a relic of the generation who actually know what that's from.

• Upvote 1

Even though during his presser he kissed his owner’s ass he supposedly is a very skilled offensive mind, a smart guy and well respected around the league. He could just be a very good one. A young guy a new era coach who understands the current game. The GM there reportedly lets the HC make most of the personnel decisions. 

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There was only 1 team interested in Mike McDaniel.  The Dolphins job, especially after the Flores thing, was the worst job out there.

Mike McDaniel is the coach because no one else would take the job.  And his 4 year contract instead of 5 shows the Dolphins prob know tis is a bad idea too.

Smells a lot like when we hired Gase. Hopefully this one trends the same way.

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There was only 1 team interested in Mike McDaniel.  The Dolphins job, especially after the Flores thing, was the worst job out there.

Mike McDaniel is the coach because no one else would take the job.  And his 4 year contract instead of 5 shows the Dolphins prob know tis is a bad idea too.

Which team in your opinion will have a better record this year fins or jets?

I'm just curious if you think Bill Belichick is "relatable" to his players?
Bruce Arians?
Pete Carrol?
The players just want to be put in a position to succeed.  Damien Woody speaks about this all the time.  The "win one for the gipper" stuff is a relic of the generation who actually know what that's from.

Yes on all 3 actually. Especially Arians and Carol.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 2/12/2022 at 9:13 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

I think the jets will get 8 wins.  Fins will get 6.

That's fare.

For the fins I'm expecting 6-11 worst...9-8 best. I'm thinking the defense will step back and not be able to carry the offense like last year.  Expecting it to take 7 or 8 games for the new staff and systems to come together.