How long does Wilson get  

89 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion how much time does Zach deserve in 22

• Week 5 (Pull him)
    • Week 9 (Pull, Hal way through season)
    • Week 12 (Pull him)
    • All of 2022 regardless of play

On 2/19/2022 at 4:21 PM, kevinc855 said:

Zach Wilson. Basically, we live or die with him it seems. 

Question, if Zach doesn't play well next year, how much time do you give him? Or do you give him all of 2022? 

For the record, I'm not a Zach hater, in fact I love nothing more than to see him shine. But reality is, he was pretty bad in 2021. With all the new upgrades in 2022, do we ride it out with him or move on earlier than we did with Sam? 

Your thoughts? Also, what do you consider improvement for him in 2022.

So negative geez. 

Is this really what we are thinking about right now? The Jets are in one of the best top salary cap positions and have so many draft picks.

Where is that Dr Who guy that said we create the negative energy? I am not a believer in that but hot damn, Zach looked good. The question for next year isn't how long will he be the starter, it is how many playoff games will he win? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Question for you. What year is it fair to say we are out of “evaluation time” and actually trying to go to the playoffs 

Depends how he looks and how the rest of the team looks.

Is there a useful purpose in such a declaration date in advance? Or are you just trying to get in early on the, “I knew back on ______ that we should’ve dumped him,” position? It’s duly noted, if that warms your heart.

He should be evaluated as he goes along this year. It depends. There are always scenarios that would/could override any advance playing time declarations.

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Is there a useful purpose in such a declaration date in advance? Or are you just trying to get in early on the, “I knew back on ______ that we should’ve dumped him,” position? It’s duly noted, if that warms your heart.

He should be evaluated as he goes along this year. It depends. There are always scenarios that would/could override any advance playing time declarations.

Kev not getting the traction he was looking for. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok so next year he should improve correct? 

Yes, he certainly should show growth. A good amount as far as I'm concerned considering he'll be going into his second season as a pro, with the same coaches, same system, and what should be a better supporting cast going into year two. He should show some growth to start the season, but far more to end it.

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I always thought the purpose of the NFL was to win football games.

Apparently As a Jet fan you need to be subjected to two seasons of an extended mini camp before you get your money’s worth to watch a serious NFL team so yea just wondering 

On 2/19/2022 at 4:21 PM, kevinc855 said:

Zach Wilson. Basically, we live or die with him it seems. 

Question, if Zach doesn't play well next year, how much time do you give him? Or do you give him all of 2022? 

For the record, I'm not a Zach hater, in fact I love nothing more than to see him shine. But reality is, he was pretty bad in 2021. With all the new upgrades in 2022, do we ride it out with him or move on earlier than we did with Sam? 

Your thoughts? Also, what do you consider improvement for him in 2022.

I'm hoping we pick up a bit more talent on the offense to support, like 1-2 new TEs, a 2nd round WR (I know, we're cursed with WRs in the second round), and maybe a 2nd-3rd round guard to offer some depth / start a few games. That should give us a better picture of what we have.

I think Zack had a bit of a raw deal at times (sooooo many drops; drops lead to longer 3rd downs, shorter drives, less accumulation of stats, offense off the field before they can even pick up moment; can't remember which, but there was 1 game where in the first 6 pass attempts Zack was 2/6 with 3 drops), but then he missed the easy plays / tried to do too much. I'm not sure how we define success going forward though. Interceptions down? Touchdowns up? Longer drives (hard to measure here, especially when we fall into run / run / pass patterns). Using his legs a bit more?

It can't be wins / loses as that's really a team stat (though the NFL tries to pin it on QBs). Total yards would be nice, but again, do we have anyone getting open / catching passes? I'd love to say "we compete in games", but if the D is a sieve like it was last year and can't get off the field, we're not going to compete unless we score on every down (and we aren't that team, not even close).

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I always thought the purpose of the NFL was to win football games.

Apparently As a Jet fan you need to be subjected to two seasons of an extended mini camp before you get your money’s worth to watch a serious NFL team so yea just wondering 

Agreed, but their are multiple philosophies on how you attain those wins. Are you looking to win now? Sustainable wins over a longer period? Build through FA or through the Draft? Both?

You can build a team and be lucky enough to have a QB fall into your lap (like L.A.; well it cost them, but they won the SB, so who cares?). :)

You can build a team poorly (like New Orleans) and end up having to blow everything up.

The end goal is all the same, it's the journey that differs. Not everyone will be a Cincy, where they lucked up and sucked for the right drafts, and drafted the right players (Burrows and Chase).

We sucked for the last decade(s) and still haven't figured out how to draft a QB (opinion on Wilson pending).

This is ridiculous. How good was the guy everybody drooled over that we didn’t get Mr. Generational Trevor. He stunk worst than Zach. A lot has to happen that didn’t happen with Sam to determine if he’s the guy. Look for the Jets to add major talent in the next 2 seasons then let it become evident. 

8 hours ago, cincy jets fan12 said:

If Wilson plays the entire year we are definitely guaranteed a top 4 pick again

You keep ignoring my posts when I quote you.

You do realize we know who you are, right?  The software here has gotten much better over the years. Makes it easy for us.