Smoke Monday
    S Auburn

• NYJ
    Cole Turner
    TE Nevada
  • Sympathy 2

On 3/21/2022 at 8:00 AM, kdels62 said:

It does 

No it doesn't.  You have two players with number 1 receiver ability.  How is that a bad thing?  Please don't mention injury because they both should be fully healthy if not by the start of the season, a few weeks in. 

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

Just did this one... No Trades...

• NYJ
    Kayvon Thibodeaux
    EDGE Oregon

• NYJ
    Jameson Williams
    WR Alabama

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa

• NYJ
    Chad Muma
    LB Wyoming

• NYJ
    Alec Pierce
    WR Cincinnati

• NYJ
    Jerome Ford
    RB Cincinnati

• NYJ
    Darrian Beavers
    LB Cincinnati

• NYJ
    Smoke Monday
    S Auburn

• NYJ
    Cole Turner
    TE Nevada

Excellent draft! Only thing I might change is Sterling Weatherford over Smoke Monday assuming he was available.   Still you can't find a better football name than Smoke Monday! 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Excellent draft! Only thing I might change is Sterling Weatherford over Smoke Monday assuming he was available.   Still you can't find a better football name than Smoke Monday! 

Ty, Weatherford was gone… so I went for a Smoke. ?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

No it doesn't.  You have two players with number 1 receiver ability.  How is that a bad thing?  Please don't mention injury because they both should be fully healthy if not by the start of the season, a few weeks in. 

Because Elijah Moore is already that and then you have look at asset allocation. Let’s say you take Williams and his slot releases/ inability to deal with press at 10. That’s fine except now he can’t play because he’s rehabbing. So you also take Pickens at 38, and he beats out Mims for the Keelan Cole snaps, so about 20% of snaps in a game. What happens when Williams is ready? Play a rookie with no experience with outside releases in place of the veteran, Corey Davis? Is the 2nd year QB better served aiding the learning curve of two rookie receivers?

A receiver early and special teams developmental/ gadget guy later (Bo Melton, Khalil Shakir, Wan’dale Robinson) is better asset allocation especially since the second rounder can end up being an impact starter on defense or Trey McBride.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Vader said:

It does help him this season. JW won’t miss the whole year. 

Yea but he should prob miss most of it although I wouldn’t be surprised if they rushed him back for like October. 

Im not against JW just don’t think JD goes for him unless he gets another higher tier WR to mitigate his delayed return plus adjustment to NFL. 

Guess we’ll see what he does 

1 hour ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Yea but he should prob miss most of it although I wouldn’t be surprised if they rushed him back for like October. 

Im not against JW just don’t think JD goes for him unless he gets another higher tier WR to mitigate his delayed return plus adjustment to NFL. 

Guess we’ll see what he does 

It really doesn’t matter. JD has three picks in the top 40 still and the #4. Jamison is gravy. He’s like getting a new free agent mid-season.

8 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Because Elijah Moore is already that and then you have look at asset allocation. Let’s say you take Williams and his slot releases/ inability to deal with press at 10. That’s fine except now he can’t play because he’s rehabbing. So you also take Pickens at 38, and he beats out Mims for the Keelan Cole snaps, so about 20% of snaps in a game. What happens when Williams is ready? Play a rookie with no experience with outside releases in place of the veteran, Corey Davis? Is the 2nd year QB better served aiding the learning curve of two rookie receivers?

A receiver early and special teams developmental/ gadget guy later (Bo Melton, Khalil Shakir, Wan’dale Robinson) is better asset allocation especially since the second rounder can end up being an impact starter on defense or Trey McBride.

Trey McBride?  Talk misuse of asset allocation.  You realize this is the deepest TE draft in years?  You will have your pick of Cole Turner, Jake Ferguson, Charlie Kolar, Jelani Woods and others all the way into the 4 and 5th rounds.  I don't argue with your idea of a gadget receiver late because the can play special teams, but if it about giving Zach weapons,  I don't get how having Williams, Pickens and Moore is a bad thing.  It simply means we don't have to resign Davis next year and have his replacement already on the team.   We know Moore missed a good chunk of the season and if we have the opportunity to draft two receivers with #1 ability, (especially if Pickens is there at 38) I hope JD runs to the podium to make the pick.   It is time we had a offense that scared other teams.   A trio of Williams, Pickens and Moore will give Wilson a group of receivers he can grow with over the next several seasons.  Lets not make the 2020 draft mistake all over again and pass on quality receiver talent for "developmental" players later.  It is time to start winning sooner rather than later. 

5 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Trey McBride?  Talk misuse of asset allocation.  You realize this is the deepest TE draft in years?  You will have your pick of Cole Turner, Jake Ferguson, Charlie Kolar, Jelani Woods and others all the way into the 4 and 5th rounds.  I don't argue with your idea of a gadget receiver late because the can play special teams, but if it about giving Zach weapons,  I don't get how having Williams, Pickens and Moore is a bad thing.  It simply means we don't have to resign Davis next year and have his replacement already on the team.   We know Moore missed a good chunk of the season and if we have the opportunity to draft two receivers with #1 ability, (especially if Pickens is there at 38) I hope JD runs to the podium to make the pick.   It is time we had a offense that scared other teams.   A trio of Williams, Pickens and Moore will give Wilson a group of receivers he can grow with over the next several seasons.  Lets not make the 2020 draft mistake all over again and pass on quality receiver talent for "developmental" players later.  It is time to start winning sooner rather than later. 

Because there are future drafts and better prospects. WRs tend to take a year or two to be effective so why jam two guys onto the roster that will most likely still be a year away from effectiveness. Take Jameson and let him rehab, or take Pickens and let him try to beat out Mims for WR 4. Save the other premium pick for a starter that can impact the team on day 1. Use the later assets for a depth guy with some immediate ability. 

McBride is better value because he’s a better pass catcher than Pickens and he’s 1 of 2 high end TE prospects in this draft. 

1 hour ago, derp said:

I’m sure teams will have their own medical evaluations but this can’t hurt his stock:

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/alabama-wr-jameson-williams-says-he-s-ahead-of-schedule-in-acl-rehab-hopes-to-be

Was told 5-7 month rehab, he’s 10 weeks out and ahead of schedule, hopes to be ready for training camp.

I don't know how this stuff all works but is this info coming from doctors or he's just saying this?  If the latter, it possibly he's just saying this to help his draft position?

Regardless, I'd still be okay taking him at 10 even if he was going to miss time at the start of the season.

12 hours ago, Vader said:

It really doesn’t matter. JD has three picks in the top 40 still and the #4. Jamison is gravy. He’s like getting a new free agent mid-season.

Gravy is the stuff you put on top of the actual stuff. We don’t have the actual stuff, which is a WR room with starters. So he wouldn’t be gravy unless we ALSO got another receiver. In which case that is gravy. 

He’s a great player but there is no question it is a decision JD has to think about and if he wants to execute it he has to have support for ZW and the WR room in other ways - which again - is doable just not a given or easy decision. Wouldn’t be mad if he did it but also understand if he goes in another direction 

2 hours ago, derp said:

I’m sure teams will have their own medical evaluations but this can’t hurt his stock:

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/alabama-wr-jameson-williams-says-he-s-ahead-of-schedule-in-acl-rehab-hopes-to-be

Was told 5-7 month rehab, he’s 10 weeks out and ahead of schedule, hopes to be ready for training camp.

Maybe if we draft him he can give Becton a blood transfusion?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't know how this stuff all works but is this info coming from doctors or he's just saying this?  If the latter, it possibly he's just saying this to help his draft position?

Regardless, I'd still be okay taking him at 10 even if he was going to miss time at the start of the season.

It’s coming from him. All the teams are going to have their own doctors evaluate him so it’d be pretty shortsighted for him to think saying he’s ahead of schedule and hopes to be ready for training camp will improve his draft stock if that’s not close to true. Teams aren’t going to believe him for the sake of believing him.

1 hour ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Gravy is the stuff you put on top of the actual stuff. We don’t have the actual stuff, which is a WR room with starters. So he wouldn’t be gravy unless we ALSO got another receiver. In which case that is gravy. 

He’s a great player but there is no question it is a decision JD has to think about and if he wants to execute it he has to have support for ZW and the WR room in other ways - which again - is doable just not a given or easy decision. Wouldn’t be mad if he did it but also understand if he goes in another direction 

Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, and Braxton Berrios and Jamison Crowder is a damn fine start.

Hard pass on him at 10. MAYBE in the second. Dude is so overhyped. He’s not even on par with waddle as far as speed guys go. For hurt guys give me London at 35 if he’s there. Big bodied wr for the young qb. 

Sauce at 4, Johnson/Karlaftis at 10, London/Burks at 35, Dean at 38, Asamoah/Muma in the 3rd and Wondale/rb/ol in the 4th. Perfect draft imo 

On 3/21/2022 at 4:56 AM, Doggin94it said:

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am this has to be the move (assuming your medical staff is confident in his prognosis). Every WR in this draft comes with real questions, so why not take the one with the most upside? 

This has been exactly my line of thinking as well. The idea is growing on me more and more.

In terms of talent I think he's head and shoulders above the rest of this class. Bizarre when you have a guy like London who's literally never open being mocked as high at the top 5 while this guy consistently winning at every level falls down the board.

A knee injury for a 21 year old in 2022 isn't a concern. He'll be fine. The only question is whether Douglas/Saleh feel secure enough to take a guy who wont be there for most of the rookie season in the top 10. If he's the best WR then it's totally worth it in the long term but the proposed Tyreek deal reeked of desperation so I don't think they'll do it.

The kind of guy we'll be looking at in three years and wondering what the **** we were thinking as he goes and has a HOF career in Green Bay or some sh*t. 

On 3/31/2022 at 6:53 AM, kdels62 said:

Because there are future drafts and better prospects. WRs tend to take a year or two to be effective so why jam two guys onto the roster that will most likely still be a year away from effectiveness. Take Jameson and let him rehab, or take Pickens and let him try to beat out Mims for WR 4. Save the other premium pick for a starter that can impact the team on day 1. Use the later assets for a depth guy with some immediate ability. 

McBride is better value because he’s a better pass catcher than Pickens and he’s 1 of 2 high end TE prospects in this draft. 

I have to totally disagree when you have two quality TE on the team and players like Ruggert, Ferguson and Kolar available in the later rounds.  At Wide out we have Moore, Berrios and Davis who will likely not even be on the team after next season.  If you really think McBride is a better pass catcher than Pickens we can just agree to disagree. I think you would be in the minority with that opinion.  Had he not gotten hurt, he is a top 15 talent.