The Athletic

Vader

Anything Lyndsey Adler writes (Yankees beat writer), she’s the best writer on the site, Connor on The Jets is solid, Tim Britton a Mets beat writer is solid. I’ve given up on The Knicks and hockey…

Dane’s The Beast on The NFL Draft player guide is worth the price of admission alone, download it now.

they have almost no Tennis coverage which is weird.

The college sports coverage is solid. golf coverage has been getting better…

It is worth the money imho…

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

Anything Lyndsey Adler writes (Yankees beat writer), she’s the best writer on the site, Connor on The Jets is solid, Tim Britton a Mets beat writer is solid. I’ve given up on The Knicks and hockey…

Dane’s The Beast on The NFL Draft player guide is worth the price of admission alone, download it now.

Thanks! Will be looking at Connor and Britton. The Knicks…like 20 years and counting that I feel their pulse…with a brief Linsanity spike…  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, mphtrilogy said:

If you like hockey, they do a great job covering it.

I wish they'd get an additional Jets writer. Connor is repetitive and still writes as if it's a newspaper. Nothing really meaty..No use of film or film review..

9 hours ago, Vader said:

I’ve heard good things. Anyone subscribe to get articles? What’s good?

I just signed up on a $1/month promo.

https://theathletic.com/checkout2/pmintro1/?twclid=11512532305801547781&source=twitterads&ad_id=36162840

They were burning through cash. Now that the Times owns them it will be curious to see how the bundles work.

They haven't changed it yet but will you have to buy the times to get the sports coverage?  Hopefully not.

16 hours ago, munchmemory said:

The Athletic.  Two words never used to describe "Pancakes" Becton.

Actually the opposite is true

A 6'7", 365 lbs man who can move like Becton is pretty much the definition of athletic

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually the opposite is true

A 6'7", 365 lbs man who can move like Becton is pretty much the definition of athletic

I think going into the draft they said he could stand under the rim, jump up and do a 360 dunk.  In other words, he wasn't moving at the start.  "Not too bad"

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Vader said:

Thanks! Will be looking at Connor and Britton. The Knicks…like 20 years and counting that I feel their pulse…with a brief Linsanity spike…  

Be sure to check out Conner's podcast. Depending on the time of year, its usually every week or two.

On 4/9/2022 at 5:22 PM, adb280z said:

?

Almost anything worth watching/reading is behind some sort of paywall.

Not to mention youre paying with attention (ads) or lack of privacy (your data up to and including location and browser data).  Most of the time both.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Not to mention youre paying with attention (ads) or lack of privacy (your data up to and including location and browser data).  Most of the time both.

Probably the most eye-opening quote from the documentary “The Social Dilemma’….

”If you are getting something for free, then you are the product”

so true 

On 4/8/2022 at 4:59 PM, Vader said:

https://theathletic.com/checkout2/pmintro1/?twclid=11512532305801547781&source=twitterads&ad_id=36162840

I have a subscription and enjoy it. I like their Mets and Jets coverage, and they just changed the guy who covers the Islanders, last name is Kurz, and he's pretty decent. 

On 4/8/2022 at 4:59 PM, Vader said:

I did this last year but decided to dump it after a few months.  Every week or so, my account kept getting logged out and reset as if it was a temporary one, forcing me to email them to get a temporary work around in order to be able to log back in.  This went on and on...they never fixed it, so I cancelled.

Too much hassle and, frankly, I don't miss it.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BeaconJet said:

I have a subscription and enjoy it. I like their Mets and Jets coverage, and they just changed the guy who covers the Islanders, last name is Kurz, and he's pretty decent. 

I’m a Flyers fan and the hockey stuff is good.