Four Teams Put in Claims for Trevon Wesco, twice as many as any other player

slats

8 minutes ago, slats said:

Haters

Dude.....

3 of those teams are pretty good. 

And we complain about him (I still think we're better at that position though). 

Just goes to show us fans / arm chair team managers that we should be a little more trusting of the CS and a little less free with every single idea that enters our cranium. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Shocking..  I get he’s a guy who does dirty work.  But I’m simply not seeing it.  I’m instead seeing him associated with a lot of bad plays.

He’s been associated with nothing but bad teams. He’s a smart, versatile player who’s willing to do whatever his coaches ask him to do, and do it pretty well. No superstar or anything, just a good guy to have on the team. I was kinda shocked that the Jets let both him and Bawden go. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, slats said:

He’s been associated with nothing but bad teams. He’s a smart, versatile player who’s willing to do whatever his coaches ask him to do, and do it pretty well. No superstar or anything, just a good guy to have on the team. I was kinda shocked that the Jets let both him and Bawden go. 

Maybe, I see him contributing to the losses rather than being a good player on a bad team.

Was I surprised he had 2 bad drive killing penalties against the Falcons?  No.

He’s 1 dimensional who is average at his 1 dimension.  He caught 6 balls total the last 3 years.  Uzomah, Conklin and Ruckert are 2 dimensional and Cager is a potential match up problem for other teams.

It was time for Wesco to go.  Wishing him well.

Wesco was a good grunt that many teams like to have. Coaches just have to be careful not to ask too much from him on any one play. He's not a 'Cager' type player where the OC can say "Let's see what Wesco can do running a deep post".

But as our team matures and more and more spots are filled by true talent, it gets harder and harder to keep a guy like Wesco, even if he can be a good soldier.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, PorP said:

Dude.....

3 of those teams are pretty good. 

And we complain about him (I still think we're better at that position though). 

Just goes to show us fans / arm chair team managers that we should be a little more trusting of the CS and a little less free with every single idea that enters our cranium. 

Or, hear me out, it shows that those other teams just like going through other peoples trash to see if there is any meat on the bone. Wesco isn't going to be an All Pro or anything we miss out on. Now, if he was a safety that we dumped instead of Ashtyn..

Wesco sucked. We all knew it. But, as much as he sucked he was better (certainly at blocking) then the other TEs we had, that also sucked. With the FA signing, converted WR, and the draft, we were deep enough not to need him. Therefore, other teams, who didn't even have a blocking TE that was better, grabbed him.

It shows two things: first, while he sucked, clearly he had value - remember that next time when we ask how a guy is still on the team. Secondly, while the team has a way to go, there are some positions that we have quality players and some decent depth - remember that the next time you want to say how much JD sucked; crap team with little depth, to an average team with good depth at some positions...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, slats said:

He's got film.  Not many other guys out there have as much as he does, not that he has as much as we would have liked, but that is what gets guys signed in the NFL it seems. Not our problem anymore.

25 minutes ago, pointman said:

Or, hear me out, it shows that those other teams just like going through other peoples trash to see if there is any meat on the bone. Wesco isn't going to be an All Pro or anything we miss out on. Now, if he was a safety that we dumped instead of Ashtyn..

I heard you out..... I thought you were joking until I realized you weren't..

So your assumption is

A team that is in the playoffs talk regardless of who QB's them

A team who might make a deep playoff run with Matty ice 

And a team fresh of a super bowl run

And none of those teams understand how to use thier waiver position......?

Lol... "this brings me to my next point. Kids,  don't use drugs"

13 minutes ago, PorP said:

I heard you out..... I thought you were joking until I realized you weren't..

So your assumption is

A team that is in the playoffs talk regardless of who QB's them

A team who might make a deep playoff run with Matty ice 

And a team fresh of a super bowl run

And none of those teams understand how to use thier waiver position......?

Lol... "this brings me to my next point. Kids,  don't use drugs"

Matt Simms never took us that deep, silly.