Tom Brady

TuscanyTile2

Giselle is basically managing 2 children.  I am sure they want to start their lives.  She probably wanted to put them in the school they will stay in before college.  I think that  school is supposed to be in Miami.  She wants her husband home to help.   He wants to play football in Tampa.  

I can’t imagine Giselle wants to live in Tampa.  

These kids are only home for a limited period of time.

I think that is the essence of her gripe 

5 hours ago, varjet said:

Giselle is basically managing 2 children.  I am sure they want to start their lives.  She probably wanted to put them in the school they will stay in before college.  I think that  school is supposed to be in Miami.  She wants her husband home to help.   He wants to play football in Tampa.  

I can’t imagine Giselle wants to live in Tampa.  

These kids are only home for a limited period of time.

I think that is the essence of her gripe 

The Brian Flores lawsuit ****ed giselle up, lol.

**** tom brady*

He* uses football as an excuse to not have to partake in said events, or relationships. He* won't lose his job or miss rent by missing a day of work as many others would. He* makes a conscious choice as to what really matters to him, and he* needs to be honest with himself that it isn't his legal/biological family. He*s a perfect example of having everything, and nothing simultaneously. He*s spiritually poor. All that matters in the end are our connections to the people that matter, all the other BS pales in comparison.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Tiger is the GOAT.  

I agree, with one caveat.

You and I both love the game of golf, but it’s so hard to compare players from different eras because of the changes in equipment over the years. 
Forget the balls, which have gone from feathered, to gotta perch a to 4 piece, and the video equipment available to help them fine tune their swings and equipment.

Bobby Jones never played a sand wedge. Ben Hogan never hit a graphite shafted wood, and Jack never hit a 460cc driver while on Tour.

If you subscribe to the theory that players today are playing longer courses than ever, with the best equipment ever made, it becomes impossible to compare players like Jack, Bobby, Ben and Tiger against one another fairly, imo.

9 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Jim Brown. 

(Yeah, I won't let it go.)

You could argue Jim Brown is the GOAT in both football and lacrosse. I’m not sure, but I think he might have played on the Syracuse basketball team also?
None of us were alive to see Jim Thorpe, but those two might be the most all around GOATish American athletes ever.

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I agree, with one caveat.

You and I both love the game of golf, but it’s so hard to compare players from different eras because of the changes in equipment over the years. 
Forget the balls, which have gone from feathered, to gotta perch a to 4 piece, and the video equipment available to help them fine tune their swings and equipment.

Bobby Jones never played a sand wedge. Ben Hogan never hit a graphite shafted wood, and Jack never hit a 460cc driver while on Tour.

If you subscribe to the theory that players today are playing longer courses than ever, with the best equipment ever made, it becomes impossible to compare players like Jack, Bobby, Ben and Tiger against one another fairly, imo.

I’ve heard the equipment argument and don’t see how it works.  Not comparing Tigers drives to Jacks.  Comparing each player relative to the field.  Yes, Tiger reluctantly went to upgraded drivers and shafts.  But he plays old time blade irons, no high tech cavities for him.  Some of his competition does.  But again, Jack played his old persimmon driver agains other players using persimmon drivers, not against players with 460 size heads.  Tiger was playing a larger head driver against others playing the same equipment.  
Same for the others, Bobby Jones never lost to someone playing a sand wedge of he didn’t have one.  Though I think they had a different version of  wedge.  Gene Sarazen is credited with its invention 

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’ve heard the equipment argument and don’t see how it works.  Not comparing Tigers drives to Jacks.  Comparing each player relative to the field.  Yes, Tiger reluctantly went to upgraded drivers and shafts.  But he plays old time blade irons, no high tech cavities for him.  Some of his competition does.  But again, Jack played his old persimmon driver agains other players using persimmon drivers, not against players with 460 size heads.  Tiger was playing a larger head driver against others playing the same equipment.  

Again, I’m on your side here, but I think the advancements in equipment cannot be understated.

I played baseball through college, but I’d look foolish trying to hit a decent high school pitcher today. I’m not a great golfer, but i don’t suck. I still play off high single digits in my mid 60’s because modern equipment has enabled me to hit the ball almost as far as I did 20 years ago.
I’m playing hybrids instead of 3&4 irons, using lighter shafts, and playing forged irons with tungsten inserts (wtf?) that are more forgiving than anything I thought possible back when I started playing.

If you saw the putter I started bagging this year after playing Scotty’s for 15 years you would laugh. (I got selected as a tester on a golf message board to test the LAB Golf DF2.1) the shaft alone was a $280 upgrade.
If I had to buy it, it would’ve cost $900. As crazy as this sounds, after playing it a few months now, I would buy one. It’s like cheating.

6 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Texted TB last night to see whats up with all these articles about him and Gis........he sent back something short and sweet.

TB- Fug dat Bish

Years ago my friend made a great remark after we met Christie Brinkley at a party. “Yeah, she’s hot, but there’s a guy out who’s had it up to here with her bull s**t…”

• Upvote 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:32 PM, Green Ghost said:

There are 3 modern day athletes who became the GOAT in their respective sport. They reside on the mountaintop looking down at all others.

Tom Brady

Michael Jordan

Tiger Woods

I think the you say that about these as well!!!

Messi

Federer/Nadal/williams

Bolt

Better than all others before in their sport.

On 9/15/2022 at 9:46 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

"I think there comes a point in your life where you say: 'You know what? I've had my fill and it's enough and time to go on, to move into other parts of life.'"

Sounds like Gisele is leaving him, because he won't let her use the strap on anymore.

On 9/15/2022 at 6:52 AM, Warfish said:

Counterargument:  He got several hundred million dollars for all those missed funerals, weddings and Holidays.

Many of us also miss these things not by choice, but because of work, but we do it for far, far less compensation.

Sorry if I lack any empathy for Tom Brady's missed Holidays and his perhaps emotionally-neglected-yet-will-never-want-for-anything children.

Hang it up if you want Tom.  Or don't.  But for the love of God stop bleating on about it endlessly like a f'ing Sheep.

I miss none of those things.  And that's by choice.

7 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

He* uses football as an excuse to not have to partake in said events, or relationships. He* won't lose his job or miss rent by missing a day of work as many others would. He* makes a conscious choice as to what really matters to him, and he* needs to be honest with himself that it isn't his legal/biological family. He*s a perfect example of having everything, and nothing simultaneously. He*s spiritually poor. All that matters in the end are our connections to the people that matter, all the other BS pales in comparison.

Kids are only little kids for so long. It's great when they grow up and become decent productive people. But those sports, events, trips, school stuff-that only comes around once. Not like he needs the $; Fox is gonna pay him a pile when he retires to work a fraction of the time he's working now. 

• Upvote 1