Ok, I believe.

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Why does it have to black and white in here all the time. Zach’s played better the last 2 weeks but no where near “really good”. You just lose half your audience with that. 

Hall won the day. Zach’s coming along one could say. 

Rushing tds from the 1 generally don't happen without good QB play.  

Regardless if Zach was putting up more Tds but we were 0-2 in these games the haters would find reason to hate.  

Let's try to be fans instead of Twitter hot take analytics guys picking up apart our own QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, last season Zach loses this game playing hero ball. He freaking turned into an NFL QB today. 

So just because he's an NFL QB now means he's a franchise QB?  Had Teddy played, I guarantee you he'd have been "an NFL QB".  Teddy is not a franchise QB.

Zach played fine today.  His play does not elevate him into NYJ franchise savior-tier.  Hope he continues to play smart football and rely on his playmakers to win, but it's disingenuous to place the FQB crown on his head 2 games into his 2nd season.

• Upvote 1

Today showed that going and getting breece hall was a great decision. The pressure is off of Zach and he can develop and gain confidence while the running game shoulders the load. He has a chance if this offense can operate with him being apart of the offense vs being the offense.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

That drive right after the FG that turned into 17-19 where you just knew the Jets needed points like hell & we’re going to hit the wall on a easy 3 & out and give Miami the chance to take the lead… they didn’t. 

Exactly. That’s where Jets teams of the past would have collapsed. Turning point 

• Upvote 2

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rushing tds from the 1 generally don't happen without good QB play.  

Regardless if Zach was putting up more Tds but we were 0-2 in these games the haters would find reason to hate.  

Let's try to be fans instead of Twitter hot take analytics guys picking up apart our own QB. 

Zero parts of my post you quoted were: hot takes, Twitter flavored, un-fanly.

When hyperbole is presented, you can’t judge the corresponding frowns   

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Weird thread.  Zach was decidedly mediocre which is an upgrade from much of last year.

He didn't play poorly but it wasn't that great either.

Its progress but I'm still waiting to see him play a great game ie 300+ yards 4 TDs no ints..

Stats don’t matter as much as wins.  Fans are too obsessed with 300 yds and 4 tds.  If he gets 250 with 1 passing td and rushing td without turnovers and we win that’s all that matters 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

That’s different than saying he’s a “franchise QB,” however. 

I have always been curious as to the exact criteria that define what a “franchise QB” truly is. I say screw all the FQB talk and just be happy that we have a very young QB that is objectively showing maturation and improvement. Both from where he was last early last season to what we saw even last week. Today felt like a game where you lean heavily on the run and let your QB take over when you need to extend drives, and that’s what happened. Not every game will be 300 pass yards and 3 TD, so an important step seeing him game manage when the situation called for it. I could care less if he is ever a FQB in fans eyes, just really happy he, and his physical talents are learning how to play to the level of winning NFL QB that utilizes the talent around him.
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

So just because he's an NFL QB now means he's a franchise QB?  Had Teddy played, I guarantee you he'd have been "an NFL QB".  Teddy is not a franchise QB.

Zach played fine today.  His play does not elevate him into NYJ franchise savior-tier.  Hope he continues to play smart football and rely on his playmakers to win, but it's disingenuous to place the FQB crown on his head 2 games into his 2nd season.

Boy, you would think our last 3 QBs on this team were Farve, Rogers, and Brady. This was a big step today. I believe now. He isn't  Darnold. 

• Upvote 2

Based on what I have seen the past couple weeks with the talent level of this team, we no longer need a “NYJ franchise savior tier” QB. This team can win with really good QB play.
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

Weird thread.  Zach was decidedly mediocre which is an upgrade from much of last year.

He didn't play poorly but it wasn't that great either.

Its progress but I'm still waiting to see him play a great game ie 300+ yards 4 TDs no ints..

He completed 67% of his passes with zero turnover worthy plays. Led multiple TD drives and scored a clutch running TD on 3rd down. When the team needed most he led a clutch 4th Qtr drive with multiple on the money throws.  He played an excellent game today. Anyone complaining is truly clueless. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

I have always been curious as to the exact criteria that define what a “franchise QB” truly is. I say screw all the FQB talk and just be happy that we have a very young QB that is objectively showing maturation and improvement. Both from where he was last early last season to what we saw even last week. Today felt like a game where you lean heavily on the run and let your QB take over when you need to extend drives, and that’s what happened. Not every game will be 300 pass yards and 3 TD, so an important step seeing him game manage when the situation called for it. I could care less if he is ever a FQB in fans eyes, just really happy he, and his physical talents are learning how to play to the level of winning NFL QB that utilizes the talent around him.

He’s not as good as Cooper Rush.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

He completed 67% of his passes with zero turnover worthy plays. Led multiple TD drives and scored a clutch running TD on 3rd down. When the team needed most he led a clutch 4th Qtr drive with multiple on the money throws.  He played an excellent game today. Anyone complaining is truly clueless. 

This is a clever way of saying he had 14 completions.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, last season Zach loses this game playing hero ball. He freaking turned into an NFL QB today. 

lol I’m happy for you. Like really. Most of middle aged life is bills, disinterested sex, and happless efforts to diet. Enjoy those rays of sunshine when they find you. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

Based on what I have seen the past couple weeks with the talent level of this team, we no longer need a “NYJ franchise savior tier” QB. This team can win with really good QB play.

Exactly.  Fans seem obsessed with getting the next Mahomes or Burrow.  We’ve seen many times you can win with a real good QB even if it’s not a superstar 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Stats don’t matter as much as wins.  Fans are too obsessed with 300 yds and 4 tds.  If he gets 250 with 1 passing td and rushing td without turnovers and we win that’s all that matters 

The point is he'll need to do that when they play a game against a good team not playing a rookie qb because of injury.

He plays that game against the bills and we lose by 30.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Origen said:

I think next week we start AVT at Center just to keep the streak going and prove he can do it all.

Didn’t want to start a separate thread on it yet, but the team needs to evaluate if AVT should remain at one of the T spots long term. Don’t want to hear about shirt arms, he is a ball player and would be fine at T where we are having serious problems. If we keep him at one of the T spots we can draft another G and T next year and build proper Oline depth. McDermott they can’t trust which is why they choose not to start him and need to upgrade over him in the future.

7 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I haven't seen anyone complaining.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

Married 25 years and my wife certainly knows the pain I have endured with this team. After this win she led me up to the bedroom for a session I was fully interested in. That is a “Franchise Wife”!

She didn't call you 'Zach' did she?

• Haha 4