Tough day being at the stadium

Maxman

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

The last bunch of years there were no expectations.

That made today tougher.

Life goes on but wanted so much more out of Zach. So today definitely stung.

Seeing the stadium packed. Die-hards everywhere. Young Fans all pumped up.

It will happen, so many good things under Joe Douglas . But dam I wish today was a big step forward.

I bet the INT return for a TD had everyone crazy.....for a minute.

• Upvote 2

In the past few years, we've been watching a team bereft of talent, coaching and game smarts. Now, I believe we have a team that has acquired sufficient talent to be competitive, coaching to get something out of that talent, but, in the end, good execution by the players/game smarts is not there yet. To beat the Cheats you have to play mistake free football. Yesterday, the mistakes killed us. 

Zack has to recognize where he has to change his approach, and do so. I think it was a positive that after the game he acknowledged his desire to make things happen when they aren't there is a flaw, But he has to face reality and make those adjustments if he wants to keep his job.

Frustrating to me is that JFM, a veteran, made yet another boneheaded play that cost the team points (and more significantly, momentum.) The vets have been committing most of the penalties, IIRC - a trend I do not like a bit.

To me, the worst case scenario this season is still better than the recent past. We have a sound, improving foundation of talent - still among the youngest in the league getting starting minutes, and the coaching staff is getting better after last year's  teeth cutting exercise. If Zack shows by season's end he is not clearly the guy, we let Zack, White and Strev plus a non-first round talent/vet acquired, compete to be the starter next year.

Picking a QB in the draft is difficult in two ways: it's the hardest position to evaluate, and is the hardest position to succeed at in the NFL. Swinging and missing at a QB is not the sole criteria for a GM's success. If JD demonstrates that his 2020 draft was an aberration, I want him to continue to build the team for whatever QB eventually ends up in the driver's seat.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, Bungaman said:

In the past few years, we've been watching a team bereft of talent, coaching and game smarts. Now, I believe we have a team that has acquired sufficient talent to be competitive, coaching to get something out of that talent, but, in the end, good execution by the players/game smarts is not there yet. To beat the Cheats you have to play mistake free football. Yesterday, the mistakes killed us. 

Agreed.  The thing that really bothered me about Zach is that in most games, he does throw the ball away when necessary (usually after an impressive scramble to avoid the rush).  But against the Pats (of course!) he half-asses a throw out of bounds (though not quite) for a pick and makes a ridiculous prayer of a throw for a 2nd pick.   Those 2 were so bad and I don't think he throws those against other teams. 

Though let's not forget the awful back-foot throw for a pick right before the end of the 1st half.  What a disaster of a game for him.  And that was after he played a pretty solid 1st half up to that point.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

2 months ago you said they wouldnt win 6.

At least youre moving the target up now.   Isnt that a positive?

I did not account for breece hall being an instant star. Without hall they are boned 

And by the way they won't win 6 if Zach doesn't play better 

43 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I did not account for breece hall being an instant star. Without hall they are boned 

And by the way they won't win 6 if Zach doesn't play better 

Total shit that kid got hurt. Dude literally came into the league top 3 at his position. Kinda reminds me of what my friend Bit always be telling me about what you should get when drafting a second overall pick. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

I didnt account for Breece Hall and AVT being injured but Im still willing to bet they win more than 6.   You game?

you're basically saying they will win 2 more games this year 

and the sick thing is that I'm considering taking the bet 

how bad has this team fallen that the O/U on future wins is 2.5 

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Total sh*t that kid got hurt. Dude literally came into the league top 3 at his position. Kinda reminds me of what my friend Bit always be telling me about what you should get when drafting a second overall pick. 

rookie year Breece Hall was running like prime Adrian Peterson 

having a guy like that who can take a swing pass to the house from 70 yards away covers up alot of problems 

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

There are 9 games left, 3 against the Bills and Pats.  Let me know what you decide.

It's tight af 

There's 3 very winnable games on the schedule in bears lions and jags 

But yeah what the heck how about this 

100 dollars to the charity of the winners choice 

I win if the Jets go 5-12, 6-11 

7-10 or above you win 

The greatest threat to my side is that Zach gets hurt and they play a better qb down the stretch 

With Zach starting and throwing 50 percent, upside down on the td int ratio, I think I win this bet 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's tight af 

7-10 or above you win 

The greatest threat to my side is that Zach gets hurt and they play a better qb down the stretch 

With Zach starting and throwing 50 percent, upside down on the td int ratio, I think I win this bet 

Sounds good    Im in! ??

id wish you good luck but that would mean the Jets have a terrible second half.

29 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Thats not what you said.  You said they wouldnt win 6 , if they won 7 (2 more wins) then I win.

Yes, That was a mistake. I forgot they were already at 5.

I want 2 wins you get three or more

Frankly it's for charity so I don't care that much. 

But just for the record I'm saying 2 more wins rest of the year. The bet we just agreed to I get 1 more win over the next 9 games

that's probably a loser bet 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It's tight af 

7-10 or above you win 

You will lose.

On 11/1/2022 at 8:46 PM, bitonti said:

Yes, That was a mistake. I forgot they were already at 5.

I want 2 wins you get three or more

Frankly it's for charity so I don't care that much. 

But just for the record I'm saying 2 more wins rest of the year. The bet we just agreed to I get 1 more win over the next 9 games

that's probably a loser bet 

You keep moving the target.  

First it was the Jets won’t win 6.

Then it’s the Jets won’t win 7.

Now it’s the Jets won’t win 8.

Next week it’s the Jets don’t make the playoffs?

For the final time and just to be clear- If the Jets win more than 7 games, I win.   If they win 7 or less, you win.  If they finish 7-9-1 we draw.  Agreed?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

You keep moving the target.  

First it was the Jets won’t win 6.

Then it’s the Jets won’t win 7.

Now it’s the Jets won’t win 8.

Next week it’s the Jets don’t make the playoffs?

For the final time and just to be clear- If the Jets win more than 7 games, I win.   If they win 7 or less, you win.  If they finish 7-9-1 we draw.  Agreed?

Done 

Thanks dude 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/3/2022 at 8:49 AM, Bowles Movement said:

@Bowles Movement hi friend the Jets only won 2 games after Nov 3rd

My charity of choice is East Falls Community fridge. 

Thanks 

https://eastfallscommunityfridge.com/

• Upvote 3