Tough day being at the stadium

Maxman

I agree friend. Not at the game myself, but the little bit I was able to get away and see, fans were in good spirits and I just wish we had given them a performance worthy of that enthusiasm. We all want so badly to have a legit franchise quarterback, our own Mahomes or Allen, that it just hurts even more when he has another bad performance and our expectations just continue to get lower and lower.

5-3 is not a terrible record 8 games into the season by any means, but today was a day where we really should have made that next step towards not just the playoffs but just respectability.

Still in decent shape, but if Wilson does not drastically change how he does things, then this season will be yet another let down.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, eddiejs1 said:

I’m just so tired of these obnoxious Pat fans coming into our house and celebrating another win against us. There was not as many as in recent years but at games end they were showing no mercy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Really? We didn't see any obnoxious Pats fans. None at all.

• Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

Let's see where this team is after the Bills game. With the expanded format, not out of the question a 9 or 10 win team could sneak in. Not saying this team is a threat, but a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs in forever is going to think long and hard about how Wilson holding them back. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bugg said:

Let's see where this team is after the Bills game. With the expanded format, not out of the question a 9 or 10 win team could sneak in. Not saying this team is a threat, but a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs in forever is going to think long and hard about how Wilson holding them back. 

If they can rebound and beat the Patriots after the bye, assuming they lose to the Bills, they are sitting at 6 and 4.

With a lot of winnable games on the schedule in the last 7. At 6 and 4, 10 and 7 should be the low water mark.

Have to beat the Pats though.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The way Zach is playing, they won't win 3 more games this season 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

That's why I hope he gets hurt.  Preferably in practice,  Red jersey be damned!

I am a major league troll but even I have limits 

I can't root for anyone to get hurt even Zach 

He will get hurt eventually because he's not built for life in the league and he takes too many huge hits 

We don't have to hope for it though 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I am a major league troll but even I have limits 

I can't root for anyone to get hurt even Zach 

He will get hurt eventually because he's not built for life in the league and he takes too many huge hits 

We don't have to hope for it though 

I do, because that's the only way he is going to be replaced.

If we had a coach with integrity, they would replace him with White or Stevler.

It's not going to happen.

I keep receipts to.

• Thumb Down 4

35 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I do, because that's the only way he is going to be replaced.

If we had a coach with integrity, they would replace him with White or Stevler.

It's not going to happen.

I keep receipts to.

Good thing hope has zero impact on the outcome 

Lost in all this positive vibes talk is that the fans can cheer our hearts out every week and it does not move the needle 

Hope he gets hurt, hope he doesn't, hope they win a super bowl, it's not a real thing either way 

It's like a superstition that faith is required for football teams to perform. They are professionals paid to do a job. 

And spoiler alert half these guys don't even like football. It's just what they are good at. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

The last bunch of years there were no expectations.

That made today tougher.

Life goes on but wanted so much more out of Zach. So today definitely stung.

Seeing the stadium packed. Die-hards everywhere. Young Fans all pumped up.

It will happen, so many good things under Joe Douglas . But dam I wish today was a big step forward.

the silver lining to all this is that the team, minus zach, is pretty good. next year we should have a really competitive team if we can find even just a average qb to play. and there are a few options. jimmy garropolo, and even geno smith or gardner minshew. mayfield also, but not sure if i'd want him even so he is a clear upgrade to zach wilson

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

That made today tougher.

It will happen, so many good things under Joe Douglas . But dam I wish today was a big step forward.

Very few feelings as dejecting as walking out of a stadium, for a game that you've been fired up for all week, to leave with a loss when you know, you're the better team.  The Gators love doing that to me, it makes for a brutal ride home. 

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

After the Bills, with a 2 week break, Saleh would be remiss if he did not take a long hard look at  White as a better choice. Again, 9 or 10 wins might be enough for a playoff berth. Jets haven't been in the playoffs forever; it's not a small thing. The defense is good enough, and an average QB might be enough. I repeat; that isn't the same thing as being ready to compete for the conference championship with the Buffalo and KC. But have to walk before you run. 

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

Well, they already won 4 games in spite of him, so it is possible they win at least 4 more games. And Zach  has his moments where he rolls right, runs backwards for 15 yards and hurls up a hail mary that one his disgruntled receivers acrobatically catches and then runs 30 yards for a TD and the Jets tie the game, recover an onside kick, score again,  and win a stunner with seconds left. So, five more wins is not outside the realm of possibility, either. 

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

That made today tougher.

Honestly, I am tired of Met-Life being Gillette Stadium South. 

• Sympathy 1

Fell bad for all of the fans yesterday. Fortunately, I could not watch the game live as it was finally on TV, but I had family obligations. My sister was pinging me and I was like stop, I can't watch and the texts are just so terrible. I can only imagine how you guys felt especially after the the pick 6 was called back. Jet fans have been suffering for a long time, but this year felt different.

Even with the stupid penalties on D and ZW's 3 INTs we were still in the game but there wasn't the hope there in the end. You all are true fans and deserve better.

The CBS announcer hit the nail on the head. The Jets have come so far but mentally until they beat the Patriots, the bane of their existence for a decade and a half, they won't move on mentally. Going into Foxboro in a few weeks would be a great start. 

Thats kind of what I felt in Metlife yesterday. It was a good crowd. But the fanbase wont return to the way it once was until we start bearing the Pats and Bills again on at least a casual basis. Part of that is our fanbase and part of it is their fanbase showing up and expecting a victory against us.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

That made today tougher.

There's silver lining Max. 

That game was lost on the back of 5 or 6 plays.  Anyone of those didn't happen and we likely win the game. If all of em don't happen and we foot stomp the rats like we wanted. 

Except for those plays,  we were clearly the better team and a lot of that can be cleaned up. 

• Upvote 1