TEAM NEEDS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT ZACH WILSON

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Jets coaching staff has done nothing to correct Wilson's terrible movement in the pocket. Nothing. He still turns his back to the line every other play...  His footwork is the worst Ive seen for a starting QB. It would be atrocious in a highschool setting, let alone NFL.

Coaches can only do that....coach.  I doubt the coaches are sitting on the sidelines eating Pastrami and playing Pinochle while Zach's on the practice field throwing beautiful balls in shorts and no contact.

He CLEARLY isn't getting it. 

• Upvote 1

The coaching staff built an O around an idea.  Great zone blocking, running the football and a QB who could make the big throws from play action without a lot of pressure in his face.

The coaching staff has to make a lot of adjustments based on injury to the OL and the key running back.  Yesterday was a dissaster on all fronts.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Coaches can only do that....coach.  I doubt the coaches are sitting on the sidelines eating Pastrami and playing Pinochle while Zach's on the practice field throwing beautiful balls in shorts and no contact.

You're thinking of Rex and his staff. 

He CLEARLY isn't getting it. 

I never said he is.  he sucks.  He's really no better today than he was at the outset. Probably worse.  No way I give the coaching staff a pass on it though.  Not sure why anyone would.  It's their job to improve him.

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

His "escapability" would be more impressive if he actually did something with it. It seems like 9/10 times he escapes just to run around like a chicken with its head cut off for 4 seconds, only to throw it out of bounds. The only thing it accomplishes is raising our collective blood pressure. And not to mention the fact that he panics and tries to escape at the mere idea of pressure. Dude is straight up shell-shocked. Sitting would probably do him some good, and may be the only way to salvage his career.

He bails on the pocket too early and creates pressure on himself, unfortunately.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Jets coaching staff has done nothing to correct Wilson's terrible movement in the pocket. Nothing. He still turns his back to the line every other play...  His footwork is the worst Ive seen for a starting QB. It would be atrocious in a highschool setting, let alone NFL.

I disagree.  the GPs starting last season have been tailored to mim his mistakes because everytime - except for Pitt 4th Q - he has to throw to win games has been bad.   Also, how do you know what the CS has tried, last year they brought in his own coach... 

8 hours ago, ZachStepdad said:

The wr room need to grab this guy by his neck and tell him stop trying to play hero Superman ball and pass correctly with set feet…. Instead of highlight play he wants to have in NY ….. he plays like he wants to be Mahomes so bad ….. he’s not ….. when he comes to that reality he will be better. If he can’t control his play he’s done for his career.I think the coaching staff knows he can’t control himself and creates this winning game plan we’ve been seeing….

I think you're off man. 

I see a kid over his head who is hearing and sick of being the detractor and drain on this team. 

I think he wants to feel like he's contributing to wins instead of constantly hearing the team is winning despite of him. 

I think he wants to feel validated and accepted without caveat by his peers and coaches. 

I think he has 0 interest in being Mahomes or Brady. 

Not that I'm taking away from the bad play but I can't even imaging feeling like I let everybody around me down,  the fans and the media on my case...  how hard it is on that kid. 

I think he wants to save the team to be a part of the team,  he is just going about it horribly wrong. 

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

im sure the CS is doing there job. he just might not get it.

CS are not responsible for every 1st rd bust. the jump from college to the pros might be too much for Zach

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I wonder why ZW can’t find anybody when he leaves the pocket?

Do the WRs have a plan to find space, or is it just a random free-for-all?

They should be moving in a way to provide options like in the “other football.”

i think once he runs he takes his eyes off the field for a second or two and cant find them when he looks back up. plus i think once he leaves the pocket the defenders move in front of the receivers anticipating a throw that will come up short cause he doesnt have time to set his feet.

i know im frustrated too. how many times have we seen QBs against us roll to the side line and complete a pass to a guy who you cant believe was inbounds cause it was so close. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, viffer said:

How many closed practices have you been to? Are you in the QB room each week? If not, how do you know what the coaching staff has or has not tried to do? How do you know they aren't working on it EVERY WEEK but it's not sinking in?

But don’t you see? The commenters are smarter than the coaches. Why can’t the coaches listen to them? And if Mike White was in there, we’d win every game! He gets it out quicker, they say. 

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

You're thinking of Rex and his staff. 

I never said he is.  he sucks.  He's really no better today than he was at the outset. Probably worse.  No way I give the coaching staff a pass on it though.  Not sure why anyone would.  It's their job to improve him.

You can't turn someone who continually gets F's in science into a doctor.

Same with QB's.  If the kid doesn't get it, he doesn't get it.  No amount of coaching will help. 

16 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

His "escapability" would be more impressive if he actually did something with it. It seems like 9/10 times he escapes just to run around like a chicken with its head cut off for 4 seconds, only to throw it out of bounds. The only thing it accomplishes is raising our collective blood pressure. And not to mention the fact that he panics and tries to escape at the mere idea of pressure. Dude is straight up shell-shocked. Sitting would probably do him some good, and may be the only way to salvage his career.

I've noticed this as well.  Though I'm not sure if the issue is our WRs are all covered or ZW just isn't finding them.  Or maybe he's so concerned (rightly!) with avoiding the sack that he can't even look downfield long enough to find someone.  Certainly pirouetting doesn't help in that regard.