For better or worse: Wilson will remain the starting QB

Bronx

2 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Starting Wilson the entire season and getting a good read on if he is or isn’t the future is the only smart thing to do 

we aren’t winning jack with white or Flacco at QB either 

Strev is the wildcard, but I do agree with you unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As long as he isn't the unquestioned starter in 2023, barring a miraculous midseason career turnaround in 2022, I don't really care who starts at QB the remainder of this season.  While its fun to dream, the future at the position isn't any of the alternatives on the roster, so what does it matter.  

In my view the Jets are likely to make the playoffs and Zach is unlikely to play as bad as he did against NE so the very great likelihood is Zach is still the unquestioned started in 2023. LaFleur and Saleh are not blameless in this situation either.

• Ugh 4
  • Haha 1

Water is wet.

no way Wilson was being benched for Flacco or mike white this year. Too much invested into the kid to pull the plug. His leash will be much shorter next year if he doesn’t improve, this year, he’ll get his shot as this team isn’t truly ready to compete.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

Water is wet.

no way Wilson was being benched for Flacco or mike white this year. Too much invested into the kid to pull the plug. His leash will be much shorter next year if he doesn’t improve, this year, he’ll get his shot as this team isn’t truly ready to compete.

Yup, you have to find out for sure what you have or don't have.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Well....that is very clear.

And backs up what I said here right after the game, in the "Transition to Mike White" thread:  

Only problem is, I don't think JD and Saleh feel this way.  I think like so many NFL GM's and Coaches, they're going to believe in "their guy" even if they go down with the ship with him.  I think we see Zach all the way to Week 17.

25 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Water is wet.

We invested a lot in sanchez too, actually a lot more since we had to trade up. How many times was he benched when he made similar bonehead plays as Wilson? But was back in next week. If Wilson wants to act like a little baby and not a  level headed nfl qb, he can be put in timeout for a while. Instead of throwing tantrums on the field. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Sunday afternoon I'm going to keep tally on how many times Zach abandons the pocket, rolls right, and how many yards he runs behind the LOS. 

You don’t think belicheat saw the film of him doing that in Denver game ? Secret Recipe to stop jets O out. Kid takes too long to make his reads and get rid of ball, And they see he gets very nervous when the rush is coming. D cords love that, and he is going to see lot more rush in his face until he figures out “ has to be open receivers somewhere if more rushers than blockers are coming to get me”

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The concern:  It's gonna be awfully hard to hold players at other positions accountable if awful play doesn't get the QB benched.  Saleh needs to tread lightly with how he handles things.  A HC of a 5-3 team has no business "losing the locker room" but it could easily head in that direction.  

Exactly. This is not the “ zack Wilson show “ if Jets were 3-5 sure he would have all the rope in the world to play as horrible as he did sun.. But lot of  players, and staff want to make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 3

Goodness, this was the move 

Jaguars acquired Calvin Ridley from the Falcons.

Ridley, who is suspended for the season, will not suit up for the Jaguars this year. Still, this is a significant investment by the Jaguars, who have not managed to come up with much of a non-Christian Kirk receiving corps around Trevor Lawrence

contracts dictate playing time 

the jets gave Zach Wilson a 23 million dollar signing bonus last year 

he's gets 9 mil per year on top 

that's like 530k per week before taxes

Woody Johnson didn't get to where he is in life by paying someone half a million dollars a week to not play 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Exactly. This is not the “ zack Wilson show “ if Jets were 3-5 sure he would have all the rope in the world to play as horrible as he did sun.. But lot of  players, and staff want to make the playoffs. 

Yep.  The coaches were transparent last year when they openly admitted it was a redshirt year.  They can't do that a 2nd year in a row.