Jump to content

Crazy stat


batman10023

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

But .. but. ... But. .. Zach Sucks cause ... Ah fug it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
 

LOL was about to post something snippy about how Zach never threw for 300yrds, then realized he just did that against the Pats (despite losing the game). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They could have gotten the bag and pulled a Seattle.  Instead they are holding the bag and looking at a number of years of being terrible.

For the number of decades that they've been in a "superbowl window", it does make me smile to see GB fans have to endure a truly bad team, probably for a few years.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

Not that crazy and not damning at all.  Why is 300 yards a measuring stick?  Very silly.  Yards are accumulated in numerous ways.  

To give some color to this stat, he has 29 TD's over that time frame.  And 17 games ago, he threw for 300 yards 3 games in a row.  Prior to that stretch, he threw for 300 yards once, in 17 games and during that time frame, he acquired two MVP trophies. 

fans always obsess over total yards (passing, rushing, overall), but what actually matters is yards PER ATTEMPT

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

fans always obsess over total yards (passing, rushing, overall), but what actually matters is yards PER ATTEMPT

Meh, I'd argue TD's because they count as points on the scoreboard which is how you win and lose Football games, but sure, that's important too!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

fans always obsess over total yards (passing, rushing, overall), but what actually matters is yards PER ATTEMPT

Rodgers is in the back half of the league in that stat this year.  Agree with you it's a much more telling stat.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Meh, I'd argue TD's because they count as points on the scoreboard which is how you win and lose Football games, but sure, that's important too!

Not really since Zach literally has had like 11 passes tackled at the one yard line maybe more. It is a weird anomaly that makes Zach's stats look worse than they are.

If I was going to list the most important stats for a QB none of them would be the core statistics we use for the most part. To me the most important stats are:

3rd down conversion rate

4th quarter QB rating

Yards per attempt

Completion percentage is just SOOOO massively overrated. Say you had a QB that threw every down. He has a 33% completion rate all of his completions were 10 yards or longer. He would be unstoppable. On the flip side you have a QB that completes every pass but none is longer than 3 yards. He would never lead his team to a first down. 

Interception rate is somewhat important but if you are strong at the Top 3 I listed your INT rate will be good as well.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, varjet said:

The Great New England Patriots knew when to cut the cord with the GOAT Tom Brady, even if he then went off and won a Super Bowl.

GB incurs a Dead Cap hit of $68mm next year to cut him.   They needed to just say no.  

So hard to do with a two time running MVP but you are right. GB probably should have franchised him and taken the 2 first round picks but that would have also been a super unpopular move. GB did the right thing in dumping Favre but Love is definitely not Rodgers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, johnnysd said:

Not really since Zach literally has had like 11 passes tackled at the one yard line maybe more. It is a weird anomaly that makes Zach's stats look worse than they are.

If I was going to list the most important stats for a QB none of them would be the core statistics we use for the most part. To me the most important stats are:

3rd down conversion rate

4th quarter QB rating

Yards per attempt

Completion percentage is just SOOOO massively overrated. Say you had a QB that threw every down. He has a 33% completion rate all of his completions were 10 yards or longer. He would be unstoppable. On the flip side you have a QB that completes every pass but none is longer than 3 yards. He would never lead his team to a first down. 

Interception rate is somewhat important but if you are strong at the Top 3 I listed your INT rate will be good as well.

11?  lol  Keeping track? 

Disagree w/ your entire take other than 3rd down conversion rate. 

TD's are points, points are how you score, when you score more than the other team, you win!!!!  All you need to do is look at the top 10 QB's for TD passes, 2 of the top 10 are on losing teams?  The others?  Chiefs, Bills, Bengals, Dolphins, Seattle, Balt, Min, Philly - notice a trend? Yes, they're all first or second place in their divisions, all above .500.

Completion percentage is not overrated, at all.  It's extremely important to your overall efficiency on offense and your ability to call plays.  A 50/50 coin toss on if a play will even see it's birth is a horrible percentage and very hard to sustain success on offense.

INT's are overrated but only if you have a QB w/ equalizer ability. Otherwise, they're back breaking and kill your team. 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

LOL was about to post something snippy about how Zach never threw for 300yrds, then realized he just did that against the Pats (despite losing the game). 

Yes, but for a QB wins and losses don't matter.  From what I understand from the Jet fan base - losses but throwing for a lot of yards is better than going 5-1.

Seems strange that the one game Jet fans are really killing Zach for is the one he three for 355 yards.  Just wonder if the Jet DIDN'T have a good running and DIDN'T have a good defense...what type of stats Zach would be putting up.  I suspect he would be throwing for a heck of a lot more yards.  

BUT...the Psychosis around doesn't allow Jet fans to see the reality of the situation.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

11?  lol  Keeping track? 

Disagree w/ your entire take other than 3rd down conversion rate. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I would expect nothing else.  We don't view QBs the same. Maybe I will be proven wrong and Fields will be a super star but just don't see it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, xJayce said:

Don't QBs generally end up with more passing yard when they're behind or don't have a good run game? Why are people so enthralled with yards?

Totally agree.  Can’t believe Aaron Rodgers has a losing record and no 300 yard games this year. 
Wilson has best record for qb this year and more 300 yard games than Aaron!

elite!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I would expect nothing else.  We don't view QBs the same. Maybe I will be proven wrong and Fields will be a super star but just don't see it

You dont want your QB to score TD's and complete passes?  I'm so confused by your "view" because it seems pretty simple.  lol  I just showed you that 8 of the top 10 QB's in TD this season, are also either winning their division or a game behind.  That's pretty strong evidence that having a QB who scores TD's, is a good thing.

I have no clue what Justin Fields has to do with this but you dont see things that seem plainly obvious, so...///shrugs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zach Wilson had a (single) 300 yard game in his first two seasons so far. 

One he was the primary cause of losing, in which he had three picks, and a QB rating of 64.6.

Aaron Rodger is over the hill on bad team.

Zach Wilson is still about ten miles of tough terrain away from climbing that hill.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...