Zach Wilson for Trey Lance

Wit

I personally dont think Zach is a complete bust. I think he was overdrafted, and after getting the crap kicked out of him last year behind a terrible O-line, and the defense being too good this year for him to stretch his legs and make plays, he is totally in his head and has the yips. 

Would San Fran trade him for Lance at this point? 

Would you want to take a flier on a QB with almost no experience over one that can probably be fixed in the right situation?

• Thumb Down 3
  • Ugh 1

Each team takes a $11mm cap hit to move sideways.  

It would be responsible asset management for the Jets to make Zach into AT LEAST a very competent backup/change of pace QB next year, saving them what we currently pay for backups, while they sign someone else.  

Who knows, maybe that someone else is Mike White. 

SF is a classic case of it is at times better to be lucky than good.

They badly wanted to dump garappola this off season but due to his injury and contract they had to swallow the contract and keep him.

Lance was their guy but like zac wilson he was a project QB with some nice traits but no where near enough development to be really good.

Our guy fell off a cliff play wise, Lance got hurt and now both teams are 6-4 but everyone loves the niners and the play of Jimmy G.

The Jets have to hope White does something,

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Wit said:

I personally dont think Zach is a complete bust. I think he was overdrafted, and after getting the crap kicked out of him last year behind a terrible O-line, and the defense being too good this year for him to stretch his legs and make plays, he is totally in his head and has the yips. 

Would San Fran trade him for Lance at this point? 

Would you want to take a flier on a QB with almost no experience over one that can probably be fixed in the right situation?

inmensely overdrafted

Isnt Lance also bad? or regularly injured?

40 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know but to be fair Trey Lance was also benched.

So was Mac Jones. Years ago QB's didn't play till they were in there third year. Hey the kid didn't play well or response well. What do you expect from this woke generation. He's 22 years old.