Playoff outlook

Tonight is a win win. I prefer the chargers to lose to secure a spot but if Miami loses they get buffalo Saturday. If we beat Detroit we both will be 8-6

pats still play bengals dolphins and bills. Need to hope bills don’t have top seed locked in prior to that game. It’s in buffalo too. Pats could also easily lose to the cards

chargers have an easy schedule. We win tie breaker at 9-8 with them if they lose to Miami. They play the titans next week. 

• Upvote 1

I felt good about playoff chances before the last two games. Now, not so much. I had the Lions and Jags penciled in as probably victories but look at today. 1 TD offense two games in a row. Today, Lions torched MN after they beat the Jets. Jags not looking terrible, either. Maybe I'm just salty after today's loss, but if you said this team won't win another game this season, I'm not sure I'd argue much. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

I felt good about playoff chances before the last two games. Now, not so much. I had the Lions and Jags penciled in as probably victories but look at today. 1 TD offense two games in a row. Today, Lions torched MN after they beat the Jets. Jags not looking terrible, either. Maybe I'm just salty after today's loss, but if you said this team won't win another game this season, I'm not sure I'd argue much. 

And it would still be a successful season. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Not even going 1-1 with these last 2 games is a huge reality check. Maybe they can still pull it off but they have some glaring self inflicted issues that a true playoff team doesn’t have. It’s a shame but they can correct it. 

I said to weeks ago,I thought we’d lose at Minny and Buffalo. The second NE game at home was a killer though.

We probably need to take 3 of 4 probably to finish ahead of NE and LA. Even then it might get dicey.

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I said to weeks ago,I thought we’d lose at Minny and Buffalo. The second NE game at home was a killer though.

We’ve lost 3 in a row now, and probably need to take 3 of 4 probably to finish ahead of NE and LA. Even then it might get dicey.

Well we lost 3 out of 4 but I get what you are saying. 2 in a row is rough despite having better QB play. Granted it was against 2 top teams but still. They beat themselves and that’s very concerning. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well we lost 3 out of 4 but I get what you are saying. 2 in a row is rough despite having better QB play. Granted it was against 2 top teams but still. They beat themselves and that’s very concerning. 

Yeah, I realized it was 3 of 4 right after I posted that, but didn’t edit it in time. ( you’re too fast for me ?.

The Minny game would’ve been a really a big win if Berrios catches that ball, and the NE game was infuriating. We caught a big break early this year with that miracle win against Cleveland, but those things even out I guess. ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, undertow said:

The Jets just need to beat the Lions and Jags at home the next two games worry about standings after.

I don’t disagree, but in reality, we need to find a way to win more games than NE and LA, that’s it.

Who we beat to do that doesn’t matter. 10 wins should do it, if LA and NE lose tonight and tomorrow, 9 might be enough.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If you’re going by where we thought we’d be right now before the season started, I agree.

If we miss the playoffs after starting 7-4 though, it’s really not.

Give me a break. You have to look at the big picture. We have been TERRIBLE 10 years and counting. People were calling for Saleh's head, questioning JD. This year has been a renaissance for Jets football fans.  Our defense has played off the charts. Our draft picks have been golden.  I actually wear my Jets jacket now in public and people don't throw things at me and laugh in my face. We've made significant strides in the right direction in so many ways.  Just the fact that we have a CHANCE to even get in the playoffs is amazing.  And that's with crippling injuries they've needed to overcome.  We are a very young team that has really matured this year.  If you cant see that then look again. 

9 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Give me a break. You have to look at the big picture. We have been TERRIBLE 10 years and counting. People were calling for Saleh's head, questioning JD. This year has been a renaissance for Jets football fans.  Our defense has played off the charts. Our draft picks have been golden.  I actually wear my Jets jacket now in public and people don't throw things at me and laugh in my face. We've made significant strides in the right direction in so many ways.  Just the fact that we have a CHANCE to even get in the playoffs is amazing.  And that's with crippling injuries they've needed to overcome.  We are a very young team that has really matured this year.  If you cant see that then look again. 

Did you read the first half of my post? It doesn’t seem like you did.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Look you have to appreciate the progress they've made. We have sucked for the last 12 years LOL. Lets say they win 2 of the last 4 and go 9-8 and miss the playoffs. Disappointing? Yes. BUT they've made tremendous progress. Football season is 17 games. You have to look a the whole rather than a few games here and there. I mean who really thought at the beginning of the year they'd be in the playoff picture at all.