College bowl games thread

freestater

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

I usually stay away from games with no meaning because it's impossible to tell what teams are motivated...makes for good long shot picks like Kansas State I guess.

That is a solid approach.

I have a few dollars in the account ( thank you vols) and was just looking for light action early this afternoon

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So if you’re beat 51 yards downfield it makes sense just to just blatantly interfere with the receiver and save 36 or more yards of field position and possibly a score?
It works both ways.

A lot of these penalties are very dubious.  a 15 yard penalty and an auto 1st down is a substantial penalty as it is.  These 50 yard penalty's when you might catch a ball are ridiculous.  College rules are vastly better.

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

That is a solid approach.

I have a few dollars in the account ( thank you vols) and was just looking for light action early this afternoon

I had a bet on Tenn vs spread and a small one on Tenn ML and then got cold feet and canceled the bets.  Too bad I did it on MGM the one site that always seems to give you the full bet back when you cancel.  Had it been on another where they charge a vig, I would have let it stand.  Darn it.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not sure what to think about Young.  You don;t see many guys as small as him.  Not small as just in height but he is small and thin.

yes he is.  NFL will probably be a difficult transition.  I'm just so tired of the NY Jets eternal QB issues.  It is tiring and then you see Bryce Young singlehandedly change his bowl game on one drive.  

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I had a bet on Tenn vs spread and a small one on Tenn ML and then got cold feet and canceled the bets.  Too bad I did it on MGM the one site that always seems to give you the full bet back when you cancel.  Had it been on another where they charge a vig, I would have let it stand.  Darn it.

Been there a few times.

I liked tenn all day yesterday but admittedly with transfer and opt out you simply don’t know who you are getting.

so I do some research and all the experts are on clemson.

so of course I change my mind and decide to layoff.

about 20 minutes before kickoff @TNJet posts that he wants his vols to win but is unsure.

ar that point for once in my life I did not change my mind and put the ml bet in on tenn

i think I owe @TNJet at least a drink

• Post of the Week 2

Just now, Dcat said:

yes he is.  NFL will probably be a difficult transition.  I'm just so tired of the NY Jets eternal QB issues.  It is tiring and then you see Bryce Young singlehandedly change his bowl game on one drive.  

He is not in the top 4 though.  For top end QBs on the top stacked programs college playoffs is important to me.  It's rare that these qbs on the stacked teams actually face teams of equal ability. 

I would think he is going to be the #1 pick due to his body of work. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not sure what to think about Young.  You don;t see many guys as small as him.  Not small as just in height but he is small and thin.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Heard a good discussion with Randy Mueller about Young. He said he wouldn’t take the risk on him because the size is such an outlier. Liked everything else, but doesn’t see how he holds up. Thought it was interesting because he’d been in organizations with smaller QBs, but still thinks it’s too dicey

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Heard a good discussion with Randy Mueller about Young. He said he wouldn’t take the risk on him because the size is such an outlier. Liked everything else, but doesn’t see how he holds up. Thought it was interesting because he’d been in organizations with smaller QBs, but still thinks it’s too dicey

Would be worth the risk at 15!

33 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A lot of these penalties are very dubious.  a 15 yard penalty and an auto 1st down is a substantial penalty as it is.  These 50 yard penalty's when you might catch a ball are ridiculous.  College rules are vastly better.

But as I said, if you’re getting beat for a long gain it makes a lot of sense to trade a huge pass completion for only 15 yards via penalty.  Watch GWilson get separation and the QB throw an on target pass and PI nets you 15 yards instead of a 65 yd TD and tell me how vastly better the college rule is on that day.

As I said, works both ways

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

doesn't help my halftime over bet either.  

58.5  Come on.  Now there's a 0.5 hook against me.

I think you cover.

bama ‘s got at least one more score in them and then you pick up the late cover with Kansas st

I did not bet the game so I can’t mush you