College bowl games thread

freestater

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

Coastal Carolina (the Zach killers) versus East Carolina. 

(Call me crazy but wouldn't east Carolina and coastal Carolina be the same thing?)

East Carolina is in Greenville, NC.  Not really close to the beach, though indeed in the eastern portion, and is the armpit of the Carolinas.  @AVM

Coastal Carolina is in Conway, SC, near Myrtle Beach.  Very much near the ocean and thus “coastal”.  

Glad I could help.

Shooting Star GIF

• Haha 3

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

East Carolina is in Greenville, NC.  Not really close to the beach but instead the armpit of NC.  @AVM

Coastal Carolina is in Conway, SC, near Myrtle Beach.  Very much near the ocean and thus “coastal”.  

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. Some pretty bad football and some pretty good bong rips got me asking questions 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

East Carolina is in Greenville, NC.  Not really close to the beach, though indeed in the eastern portion, and is the armpit of the Carolinas.  @AVM

Glad I could help.

Shooting Star GIF

Feelings Pants GIF

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Why?

Rating 2 out of 5  
Not sure where to start here, unfortunately I had live here for the time being during the Pandemic during North Carolina's full burst economic collapse, even though it already suffers in that category.

Coming from a person who has lived and moved back to Detroit, this area gives it a run for it's money, there are many occasions I felt safer in the bad parts of Detroit then this area. 

22 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Why?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:
Rating 2 out of 5  
Not sure where to start here, unfortunately I had live here for the time being during the Pandemic during North Carolina's full burst economic collapse, even though it already suffers in that category.

Coming from a person who has lived and moved back to Detroit, this area gives it a run for it's money, there are many occasions I felt safer in the bad parts of Detroit then this area. 

Throw in a lot of drunken college students (ECU is a notorious party school) and not much to do and you get armpit central.  

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:
Rating 2 out of 5  

Are you telling me I moved to Brunswick County for nothing now in the hopes of someday running into you at Costco in Wilmington lmao...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Are you telling me I moved to Brunswick County for nothing now in the hopes of someday running into you at Costco in Wilmington lmao...

I think that review is a little heavy on the hate on NC but they're spot-on with Greenville!  Brunswick County is fine.  Pitt County....not so much, lol.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think that review is a little heavy on the hate on NC but they're spot-on with Greenville!  Brunswick County is fine.  Pitt County....not so much, lol.

No hate for NC, I actually like it down there, but will leave my final decision once summer rolls around lol... Wife and I just moved to Brunswick County from Chatham County in Oct to retire down there.

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2022 at 7:59 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Glad I could help.

Shooting Star GIF

I lived in Clemson for a bit after the Army (1996), bartended at both TDs and the Tiger Town Tavern (and Los Hermanos ?).... I liked Greenville back then. Has it changed? Was a fun little city back then.

Edit: just realized you were talking NC, not SC.  Carry on.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I lived in Clemson for a bit after the Army (1996), bartended at both TDs and the Tiger Town Tavern (and Los Hermanos ?).... I liked Greenville back then. Has it changed? Was a fun little city back then.

Edit: just realized you were talking NC, not SC.  Carry on.

Yeah don’t get it twisted.  Greenville, SC is fantastic.

• Upvote 2

Next season the BCS will have 12 teams, and 11 games. Best possible outcome would be to end this whole bowl nonsense once and for all. The ratings for most of these games are garbage and the stands are empty. What is the point any more? Could figure out a way to spread those 11 games over 11 of the more popular bowl sites and be done with this. 

My VOLS play CLEMSON tonight in the Orange Bowl. Wish them luck. 4 guys are opting out due to draft status ? Hendon Hooker not playing due to the knee injury, and his replacement Joe Milton might have the strongest arm in the SEC but the problem is he over throws his wrs 80% of the time because of it. I don't expect my VOLS to win for these reasons. Lol

• Upvote 2