Everything that Davis isn't

hmhertz

Lazard could be a good pickup, depending on  price.

He doesn't have huge numbers, so could be affordable - unless someone goes all Christian Kirk type deal paying for potential.

If he can be signed, especially for less than Davis costs, I'm all for it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lazard is terrible.  Hes a 3 or 4 at best.

At a minimum, he's the equivalent to Corey Davis at a likely lower cost.  Meh... Not a Lazard lover and it's more important to jettison Davis and replace him.  Hoping for better than Lazard.  To me, that's just a wash.  Geez, Davis was such a bad 1st rd pick by Titans.  He's a poster boy for JAGs and journeymen.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Lazard is terrible.  Hes a 3 or 4 at best.

To be fair, the Jets don;t need much more than that based on their cap situation if they go all in on Carr or another high-priced FA QB. If they cut Davis and Berrios and draft a half-way decent WR at some point in the draft I am fine with Wilson, Moore, Lazard, Mims and a rookie. A good QB (like Rodgers did with Lazard) will elevate the play of his WRs (including Mims, who is clearly talented) and TEs. I would also hope we get an O-coordinator who can actually use Moore properly. 

So yeah, I'm not too worried about cutting Davis (and Berrios) and replacing him with a mid-lower level FA WR (#3, #4, however you want to define it).    

• Upvote 1