Justin Fields trade rumors

Bronx

Some team like the Panthers could be in on this if true.

As the player?  He suddenly runs for a bunch of yards and is good or potentially really good?  I don't see it.

He fumbles like crazy gets sacked and an absurd rate and his passing stats are lousy.  I saw improvement in his running and that was it.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, maury77 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FielJu00.htm

Its BS. If you see his stats, he made at least a modest improvement in most of his categories and that team was atrocious last year. If the Bears surround him with talent this year the way the Bills surrounded Allen with talent in his third year, I'm pretty confident Fields is going to have a big year. 

He is never going to be traded to the Jets, but I'd love to see him throwing to his old teammates in Garrett Wilson and Ruckert. 

You're right, ,wont happen.  JD aint putting the knife in Wilson and admitting he missed on Fields to go get him.   That said, the denial on this board comes w/ fury and I get it, lots of haters desperate to be right since they got Zachapono wrong.  It's just bizarre because Justin did have a very similar to jump from year 1 to year 2, like Josh Allen, just in much much much worse conditions, yet better in so many ways.

Fields in year 2 had a higher, completion %, a better TD %, threw from more yards per attempt and completion, both fumbled 14 times (Allen lost 4, Fields lost 5), identical QBR and PR, 48 pts vs. 56, and this is all w/ Allen having much more snaps, attempts, etc.  The only big difference in personal performance is Justin Fields will go down in the history books for doing something nobody has ever done before in the NFL, which is pretty cool when you think about just how bad the Bears were yet, Fields found a way to overcome it.  Probably the biggest example of a the QB position we've ever seen in regards to a player rising above his surroundings.  Very rarely, if ever, does a player do something historic on the worst team in Football. 

Another silly little thing people complain about his, OMG, he gets sacked all the time...yeah, have you seen his OL?  lol  Same dudes are pining for Derek Carr, fun little nugget, in year 5 of Carr's career, he was sacked, 51 times.  Lost 4 fumbles.  And only threw for 2 more TD's than Fields on 235 more attempts.   Yeah but what about his rush attempt?   47 yards, 1 TD.  

Confused Hands Up GIF by Black Prez

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, JiFields said:

You're right, ,wont happen.  JD aint putting the knife in Wilson and admitting he missed on Fields to go get him.   That said, the denial on this board comes w/ fury and I get it, lots of haters desperate to be right since they got Zachapono wrong.  It's just bizarre because Justin did have a very similar to jump from year 1 to year 2, like Josh Allen, just in much much much worse conditions, yet better in so many ways.

Fields in year 2 had a higher, completion %, a better TD %, threw from more yards per attempt and completion, both fumbled 14 times (Allen lost 4, Fields lost 5), identical QBR and PR, 48 pts vs. 56, and this is all w/ Allen having much more snaps, attempts, etc.  The only big difference in personal performance is Justin Fields will go down in the history books for doing something nobody has ever done before in the NFL, which is pretty cool when you think about just how bad the Bears were yet, Fields found a way to overcome it.  Probably the biggest example of a the QB position we've ever seen in regards to a player rising above his surroundings.  Very rarely, if ever, does a player do something historic on the worst team in Football. 

Another silly little thing people complain about his, OMG, he gets sacked all the time...yeah, have you seen his OL?  lol  Same dudes are pining for Derek Carr, fun little nugget, in year 5 of Carr's career, he was sacked, 51 times.  Lost 4 fumbles.  And only threw for 2 more TD's than Fields on 235 more attempts.   Yeah but what about his rush attempt?   47 yards, 1 TD.  

they won 3 games and every time i watched him he threw a pick to end the game. his passing numbers are called garbage time stats for a bad team. let him throw his team to a few wins and then we can talk....otherwise he is a RB.

he's been better that Zach...no argument.

1 minute ago, k-met57 said:

they won 3 games and every time i watched him he threw a pick to end the game. his passing numbers are called garbage time stats for a bad team. let him throw his team to a few wins and then we can talk....otherwise he is a RB.

Common misconception and I get it.  Typically QBs on bad teams mop up in garbage time, just not in this example.  The splits show the exact opposite. He pressed to make plays while trailing and its when the warts of the worst pass blocking OL Ive ever seen and his awful receivers really were on display.  He actually did all his damage early in games while it was close.

Passing Rushing
Split Value Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD 1D Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1D
Quarter 1st Qtr 50 76 26 65.79 549 3 25 3 83.7 10 -66 7.2 6.24 40 387 9.7 3 18
  2nd Qtr 43 83 40 51.81 529 4 20 2 77.8 23 -143 6.4 6.25 60 363 6.1 3 28
  3rd Qtr 49 75 26 65.33 690 6 26 0 121.5 7 -53 9.2 10.80 20 138 6.9 1 6
  4th Qtr 50 84 34 59.52 474 4 20 6 61.3 15 -97 5.6 3.38 40 255 6.4 1 13

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Common misconception and I get it.  Typically QBs on bad teams mop up in garbage time, just not in this example.  The splits show the exact opposite. He pressed to make plays while trailing and its when the warts of the worst pass blocking OL Ive ever seen and his awful receivers really were on display.  He actually did all his damage early in games while it was close.

Passing Rushing
Split Value Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD 1D Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 1D

Have you actually seen Fields play?  He’s an extremely glorified Jacoby Brissett

• WTF? 1

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

No to Fields. But the Bears are definitely taking Bryce. 

I don’t know a lot about Bryce. First thing I saw that is he’s a 6’, 194lb junior. Justin Fields still has some development ahead of him, but giving up on a guy who’s demonstrated that he can at least play in this league for a young guy that small? Doesn’t seem like the best plan. I mean, maybe it is, but it’s damn risky. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slats said:

I don’t know a lot about Bryce. First thing I saw that is he’s a 6’, 194lb junior. Justin Fields still has some development ahead of him, but giving up on a guy who’s demonstrated that he can at least play in this league for a young guy that small? Doesn’t seem like the best plan. I mean, maybe it is, but it’s damn risky. 

Fields is a gifted runner but has no idea what to do when he’s pressured. Thinking that the Bears know this, I’m going to take the guess that they take another quarterback. Getting to 1 is either trade out with a huge haul or go QB. Poles needs to start winning.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Passing Rushing

ok i guess i stand corrected on the yards late in games. IMH (we don't have to agree) the jury is out on him in a big way mostly because i've never seen a guy succeed without being able to throw his teams into wins...i am also not a huge Lamar fan outside of that system and his playoff record speaks for itself.

anyways, me and you have been at this since pre-draft...if i am wrong ill admit it.

7 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

ok i guess i stand corrected on the yards late in games. IMH (we don't have to agree) the jury is out on him in a big way mostly because i've never seen a guy succeed without being able to throw his teams into wins...i am also not a huge Lamar fan outside of that system and his playoff record speaks for itself.

anyways, me and you have been at this since pre-draft...if i am wrong ill admit it.

I'm not looking to convince anyone as I'm well aware people have dug their feet in the sand on Fields, have since predraft.  I'm just a staunch defender and see the obvious growth he made this year in the most god awful situation possible.  Legit, I dont think I've ever seen a franchise do less to support a 1st round pick, ever.  And yet, he did something historic and improved in every single measurable passing category.  If we saw the type of growth that Fields displayed both passing and running the ball from Zach Wilson, we'd literally be having the most glorious circle jerk the world has ever seen and we wouldnt have been on the hunt for an entirely new offensive coaching staff.  I mean, the kid scored as many TD's and the entire NY Jets Football team, he threw from more TD's and had a higher comp % than all the Jets QB's combined this season and he did it on hands down the worst situation, on the worst team in the NFL....and he missed a game! 

I hope the Bears are stupid enough to give up on him for Bryce Young.  Would be hilarious considering how bad the Bears have been at QB.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I'm not looking to convince anyone as I'm well aware people have dug their feet in the sand on Fields, have since predraft.  I'm just a staunch defender and see the obvious growth he made this year in the most god awful situation possible.  Legit, I dont think I've ever seen a franchise do less to support a 1st round pick, ever.  And yet, he did something historic and improved in every single measurable passing category.  If we saw the type of growth that Fields displayed both passing and running the ball from Zach Wilson, we'd literally be having the most glorious circle jerk the world has ever seen and we wouldnt have been on the hunt for an entirely new offensive coaching staff.  I mean, the kid scored as many TD's and the entire NY Jets Football team, he threw from more TD's and had a higher comp % than all the Jets QB's combined this season and he did it on hands down the worst situation, on the worst team in the NFL....and he missed a game! 

I hope the Bears are stupid enough to give up on him for Bryce Young.  Would be hilarious considering how bad the Bears have been at QB.  

Fields had a loooot of bad moments as a passer last year, but he still finished 60%/17/11, which isn’t terrible. It’s reasonable to expect that if you improve the talent around him, he can improve 10%, 20% in the passing game which combined with his rushing skills is a QB you can go to war with. With Zach Wilson, all of his backups came in and did better, so you can’t make the environment-killed-him argument in his defense. When Fields’ backups had to play, they both almost literally died.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JiFields said:

not saying much.

he also had same number or less TD's then Sam Darnold did his first and second year.....and i think the team around Sam was as bad.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fields had a loooot of bad moments as a passer last year, but he still finished 60%/17/11, which isn’t terrible. It’s reasonable to expect that if you improve the talent around him, he can improve 10%, 20% in the passing game which combined with his rushing skills is a QB you can go to war with. With Zach Wilson, all of his backups came in and did better, so you can’t make the environment-killed-him argument in his defense. When Fields’ backups had to play, they both almost literally died.

He also had game winning TD passes dropped a few times in a few games.  I watched a game where it happened, twice on back to back plays.  So he had some glorious passing moments, wiped out as well.  

I'll confidently say this again, you never, ever, ever see a young QB rise up above his surroundings and play that well, under legit, the worst circumstance in the NFL.  It just doesnt happen.

The other thing that is super impressive, considering the circumstances.  He was 6th overall in passing TD %.  The top 12 players in this category, all made the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

not saying much.

he also had same number or less TD's then Sam Darnold did his first and second year.....and i think the team around Sam was as bad.

A player on the worst team in Football, who missed a game, accounted for the same amount of TD's as an entire Football team and that's not saying much?  lmfao  okay....not sure how, I mean, the point of the game is to score but I digress.  The narratives are strong in this debate.

And Sam's situation was 100x better than Fields.  I mean, not even remotely comparable IMO.  And I'm saying that w/ the opinion that the Jets failure of Darnold, is up there as one of the worst examples of supporting a young QB but nowhere near as bad as what Bears did to Fields this year.  It was so bad, it seemed intentional.

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

I'm just tired of dealing with the horsesh!t narratives and comments about Fields. 

NFL's website had him as the 13th best QB by the end of the year. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-ranking-all-32-teams-primary-starting-quarterbacks-at-the-end-of-th

PFN had him 18th (one below Carr)

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/qb-power-rankings-2022/

Is he a finished product as a passer? No. Is he a top 20 QB right now solely as a passer? Not yet, but he made a decent jump from his rookie year to year 2 while piloting the worst roster in the NFL and he's trending in the right direction.

As for all you old farts making "he's a running back" jokes, welcome to 2022. Lamar won an MVP a few years back and Hurts may win it this year. Running QBs are now a feature in the league, Fields just broke Lamar's rushing record for a single season and, IMO, Fields was a better passer coming out of college than Lamar or Hurts. 

Down vote me, block me, call me an idiot, IDGAF. A couple of us were screaming prior to the draft that the Jets were making a mistake passing on Fields for Cobra Kai and we were 100% right. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

I watched every single tape of his games last year, this is an inaccurate and uninformed opinion.