Lamar trade talks back on the table?

Rhg1084

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I never said he was selfish ... i simply said he thinks he has to do more than he needs to ... and that that has a negative effective on the productivity of other players. Tell me do you think Garett Wilson would be happy with 500 yds receiving next year ?

He has 1000 with worse QB play, are you high?

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

So you're a big Saleh fan suddenly? 

Either way, what's trivial here.  If they dont get the QB position right, they're losing their jobs anyway.  If Hackett cant figure it out with anyone they give him, they fire him.  You're acting like something is unique here and it's not, at all. 

Saleh blows, but if you plug in Ryan Tannehill, you’re going 8-8 and everyone comes back. Just not sure how you sell Lamar on the idea that burning a year in New York with a sh*tty OC in exchange for re-starting the process in 2024-25 is preferable to, say, going to Atlanta or just staying in Baltimore. I get the value in securing Lamar and then figuring it out, but I don’t think that’s practical. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Should be able to attract a legit HC and/or OC with Lamar, Breece Hall, and GW. 

incidentally, I’d like to see the jets spend another premium pick on a LT, because I think if you manage to land an above average LT, you really can say we have real talent on every premium position on offense. 

Yeah, I guess in @JiF4Lamar’s plan, you can in theory sell the farm for Lamar, watch everything crash down in 23, fire the entire staff, and try to lure Ben Johnson or Brian Johnson to be the next HC.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Flashlite80 said:

I do not believe we are a QB from a Super Bowl contender, but if there is a true franchise difference maker available, it's a different story.  Lamar would make the Jets offense above average the day you acquire him.  The running game with him and Breece would scare most teams.  He may not be the best thrower but he would make a Garrett Wilson scary as hell, especially when he breaks contain-often.  Tight ends benefit in such cases too.

An average offense, conservative with Lamar, combined with our defense, could beat anybody.  There are still a half dozen more complete teams but the Jets would be a serious contender day 1.  The guy is 26.  This could be a recipe to 10 years of exciting football in the Jersey swamp.  If he's available , especially if the use the non-exclusive franchise tag, I would make every effort to get him.

If you wanted to trade up to select Bryce Young, you would be lucky to get any interest even if you offer our 1st and second this year and 1st rounder next year.  We saw with Zach that these guys are no guarantee.  Lamar is and he is only 26.

Season 3 Episode 304 GIF by Rick and Morty

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I guess in @JiF4Lamar’s plan, you can in theory sell the farm for Lamar, watch everything crash down in 23, fire the entire staff, and try to lure Ben Johnson or Brian Johnson to be the next HC.

Exactly 

if Saleh is a bum, you still have Lamar, GW, Breece, and hopefully another legit piece acquired this offseason to attract a good offensive coach.

as usual - the jets luck entails that they are one year off cycle - if Payton had just stayed out another year and the Jets had Lamar Jackson, or Aaron Rodgers - we would have had a legit shot at landing him and then you are really cooking with gas. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Mark Andrew had 1300 yards and 107 catches.  Stop 

Mark Andrews : 73 Receptions : 847 yards and is a TE .... which by the way was 300 more than any wide receiver on the team ... where are you getting your bad information ?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3116365/mark-andrews

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndrMa00.htm

Edited by Dunnie
  • Thumb Down 2

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Exactly 

if Saleh is a bum, you still have Lamar, GW, Breece, and hopefully another legit piece acquired this offseason to attract a good offensive coach.

as usual - the jets luck entails that they are one year off cycle - if Payton had just stayed out another year and the Jets had Lamar Jackson, or Aaron Rodgers - we would have had a legit shot at landing him and then you are really cooking with gas. 

I know the level of play is different, but injury-wise, isn't Lamar injured just as often as Garoppolo?

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh blows, but if you plug in Ryan Tannehill, you’re going 8-8 and everyone comes back. Just not sure how you sell Lamar on the idea that burning a year in New York with a sh*tty OC in exchange for re-starting the process in 2024-25 is preferable to, say, going to Atlanta or just staying in Baltimore. I get the value in securing Lamar and then figuring it out, but I don’t think that’s practical. 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The plan is securing a Superstar former MVP who is 26 years old.  That's the plan.  If Saleh and his staff cant figure it out and win w/ a QB who has a career record of 45-16 and averages 26pts a game since he's been in the league, playing in the NFCN, on an abysmal offensive team, then this is confirmation they suck and you a hire a new staff. 

Isnt that the outcome no matter who is QB?  If Saleh and his staff are once again one of the worst offensive teams in the league and finish below .500, again, they're all fired anyway.  So go get the guy that gives you the best chance of that not happening, which is easily Lamar. 

What's more important, finally securing the most important position in sports for the next decade, you know, the positoin that has plagued this franchise for 50 years?  Or hanging on to a coach who is 11-23 in 2 years and just choked away a 7-4 start?  Realistically, just get Hackett to get the offense 21+ pts a game out of Lamar which should be easy and this offense and the Jets should be a dangerous playoff team.  Then, you reassess.  Is Hackett the right guy?  No?  Cool.  Hire someone new.   This isnt unique.  That's life in the NFL.  It's literally how it plays out w/ or w/out Lamar.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The plan is securing a Superstar former MVP who is 26 years old.  That's the plan.  If Saleh and his staff cant figure it out and win w/ a QB who has a career record of 45-16 and averages 26pts a game since he's been in the league, playing in the NFCN, on an abysmal offensive team, then this is confirmation they suck and you a hire a new staff. 
Isnt that the outcome no matter who is QB?  If Saleh and his staff are once again one of the worst offensive teams in the league and finish below .500, again, they're all fired anyway.  So go get the guy that gives you the best chance of that not happening, which is easily Lamar. 
What's more important, finally securing the most important position in sports for the next decade, you know, the positoin that has plagued this franchise for 50 years?  Or hanging on to a coach who is 11-23 in 2 years and just choked away a 7-4 start?  Realistically, just get Hackett to get the offense 21+ pts a game out of Lamar which should be easy and this offense and the Jets should be a dangerous playoff team.  Then, you reassess.  Is Hackett the right guy?  No?  Cool.  Hire someone new.   This isnt unique.  That's life in the NFL.  It's literally how it plays out w/ or w/out Lamar.

Your Lamar obsession is both unique and entertaining.. please continue.

Basically the idea is that Lamar will single handedly win the Jets a Super Bowl .. got it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Mark Andrews : 73 Receptions : 847 yards and is a TE .... which by the way was 300 more than any wide receiver on the team ... where are you getting your bad information ?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3116365/mark-andrews

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AndrMa00.htm

You said, "last year" - Mark Andrews had 107 receptions for 13000 yards and 9 TD's.  This data is included in the link you provided.

You want to have more fun w/ this silly little exercise I've punted to the moon?   Go look at Mark Andrews stats from this season, and see how drastically they dropped after Lamar was injured.  Zero TD's w/out Lamar.  Zero.   He had 5 w/ Lamar and was on pace for another 1k in yards and 10 TD's.  Mark Andrews has not had a stretch that long w/ out a TD since his rookie year.  Guess who the QB was during that stretch?  Joe Flacco. 

Oh that's right, sure, he's a TE.  So let me continue to destroy this terrible take.  Hollywood Brown last year w/ the Ravens and Lamar, 91 receptions, 1000 yards and 6 TD's.  You might not be familiar w/ him but he plays WR.   He was traded to the Cardinals to play in a wide open system w/ Kyler Murray.  He had 67 receptions, 700 yards and 3 TD's.  The yards and TD's are the lowest in his career.

Now apologize. 

• Post of the Week 2

16 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Your Lamar obsession is both unique and entertaining.. please continue.

Basically the idea is that Lamar will single handedly win the Jets a Super Bowl .. got it.

Another completely and utterly, moronic take.  

Take a seat, Dunnie.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:
Take your L and be a good sport about it.

I'll never agree w you .. but acknowledge your take.. that's as far as I'll go.

Never said Lamar was in any way a bad player .. just that the reliance on him to carry the offense single handedly takes ops from other skill players and that is not a recipe for success. And that his passing ability is average and inconsistent.

.. I guess an argument could be made that since so much of the offense would be reliant on Lamar's contributions... 30% of the cap could be oddly justified ... Until he decided not to play again.

Lamar will slow down after 30 .. like every other human. If he avoids injury that long.

So .. settle down Francis

Edited by Dunnie

13 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'll never agree w you .. but acknowledge your take.. that's as far as I'll go.

Never said Lamar was in any way a bad player .. just that the reliance on him to carry the offense single handedly takes ops from other skill players and that is not a recipe for success. And that his passing ability is average and inconsistent.

.. I guess an argument could be made that since so much of the offense would be reliant on Lamar's contributions... 30% of the cap could be oddly justified ... Until he decided not to play again.

So .. settle down Francis

I'm great w/ you not liking Lamar.  I dont care if you agree we should pursue him or not.  It's the logic you used and the silly points you tried to make to discredit his ability that I took issue w/ and proved them wrong.  I mean, just simply put, you honestly think G. Wilson would rather run it back w/ Zach, Flacco and Mike White vs. playing w/ Lamar Jackson?  lmfao.  I mean, come on dude.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JiF4Lamar said:

You know what, man? I was day-drinking yesterday and started getting depressed at the idea of Woody Johnson presiding over another coaching search, and that colored my opinion. I still think it would be a brutally disappointing year, but if the end result in 2024 is Ben Johnson (or other genius offensive mind*) + Lamar, so be it. 

*It will, guaranteed, be Matt Nagy

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

I'm great w/ you not liking Lamar.  I dont care if you agree we should pursue him or not.  It's the logic you used and the silly points you tried to make to discredit his ability that I took issue w/ and proved them wrong.  I mean, just simply put, you honestly think G. Wilson would rather run it back w/ Zach, Flacco and Mike White vs. playing w/ Lamar Jackson?  lmfao.  I mean, come on dude.

No .. I imagine Garret would prefer Rogers over Lamar 100% of time ... As would I. 

I have never liked running QBs ... Back to the Vick days.

As I said before .. I prefer to have more than one guy be the center of attention.

Edited by Dunnie

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

This Lamar thing is not going to happen ( even though I’d like it to) because they won’t trade him to another AFC team.

maybe i'm wrong but if he's on the non-exclusive tag and the jets and lamar agree on a contract - baltimore HAS to trade him to the jets or match the offer.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

No .. I imagine Garret would prefer Rogers over Lamar 100% of time ... As would I

You are consistent with you Lamar hate, did you at least come with some logic arguments today?

or are you still stuck in the 2018 with that idiot “lAmAr IZ aH rUnNiNg bAcK” crap????????? 

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You are consistent with you Lamar hate, did you at least come with some logic arguments today?

or are you still stuck in the 2018 with that idiot “lAmAr IZ aH rUnNiNg bAcK” crap????????? 

1st I never said Lamar was just a running back. I said he was a run 1st QB. A mediocre passer that was inconsistent throwing the ball.

2nd .. I made a couple compelling arguments you can't refute w regards to the affect on supporting skill players.

If Greg roman couldn't win with Lamar. .  u think Hackett will ??

Edited by Dunnie

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

1st I never said Lamar was just a running back. I said he was a run 1st QB. A mediocre passer that was inconsistent throwing the ball.

2nd .. I made a couple compelling arguments you can't refute w regards to the affect on supporting skill players.

Lmfaooo 

1. you did call Lamar a running back, you and many of the complete clowns around here who don’t know football. Sorry

2. this is another terrible take, I just can’t with people like you, seriously…. “iF rOmAn CaNt dO iT” - what?!?!?  

Do you see Lamars careers win / loss ratio. His career passing and rushing stats???? 

Respectfully, It’s no point in debating perennial bush league champions like yourself 

Lmfaooo 
1. you did call Lamar a running back, you and many of the complete clowns around here who don’t know football. Sorry
2. this is another terrible take, I just can’t with people like you, seriously…. “iF rOmAn CaNt dO iT” - what?!?!?  
Do you see Lamars careers win / loss ratio. His career passing and rushing stats???? 
Respectfully, It’s no point in debating perennial bush league champions like yourself 
Wow .. you actually succeeded in being wrong on every take in post.

I called Fields a RB ... Different guy brah.

How many post season wins does Lamar have ? Why did he take himself out of the post season last year ?

How many seasons has he thrown for over 3000 yds.

Have his passing TDs declined every year since 2019 ?

Shall we continue ?

When the entire offense is one guy ... It's not a good thing.

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what, man? I was day-drinking yesterday and started getting depressed at the idea of Woody Johnson presiding over another coaching search, and that colored my opinion. I still think it would be a brutally disappointing year, but if the end result in 2024 is Ben Johnson (or other genius offensive mind*) + Lamar, so be it. 

*It will, guaranteed, be Matt Nagy

If JD is able to go land Lamar and fix the position that's plagued this team for half a century, I would think he's continuing to give himself some room and that move, would secure his position for a bit longer, so hypothetically, it would be JD doing the search again, or at least that's how it would play out in my mind if thats the situation.

What I actually think would happen if the Jets land Lamar?  They win between 10-12 games, battle for the division, make the playoffs and then realize Hackett is a bum and they go get a better offensive coordinator to suit Lamar and they go sign Shane Waldron once Seattle's coaching staff is blown to oblivion. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

No .. I imagine Garret would prefer Rogers over Lamar 100% of time ... As would I. 

I have never liked running QBs ... Back to the Vick days.

As I said before .. I prefer to have more than one guy be the center of attention.

You realize, if Lamar doesnt get hurt, he throws for more TD's than Rodgers did, right?  

And you dont want Lamar because he's the "center of attention"...wtf do you think you're getting w/ Rodgers dude?  lmfao

I mean, Dunnie...what are we doing here?  lol

25 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

45-16, Dunnie.

Brother, I need your dealer dude.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Wow .. you actually succeeded in being wrong on every take in post.

I called Fields a RB ... Different guy brah.

How many post season wins does Lamar have ? Why did he take himself out of the post season last year ?

How many seasons has he thrown for over 3000 yds.

Have his passing TDs declined every year since 2019 ?

Shall we continue ?

When the entire offense is one guy ... It's not a good thing.

I’m going to show you simply how backwards you really are,

Curious who is your ideal choice for QB for the Jets?

Just now, JiF4Lamar said:

You realize, if Lamar doesnt get hurt, he throws for more TD's than Rodgers did, right?  

And you dont want Lamar because he's the "center of attention"...wtf do you think you're getting w/ Rodgers dude?  lmfao

I mean, Dunnie...what are we doing here?  lol

If the Jets become suckers and mortgage the future for the guy that pulled himself out of the playoffs last year and is demanding Watson money. Guess what ... I'm going to support the hell out of him and pray the team somehow makes it work.

... Till then ... I want  no part of Lamar. ... But I think I've made that clear.

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I’m going to show you simply how backwards you really are,

Curious who is your ideal choice for QB for the Jets?

My IDEAL choice ? That is a really really good question.

... Maholmes I guess. Maybe Burrow.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Post of the Week 1