Lamar trade talks back on the table?

Rhg1084

Just now, Dunnie said:

If the Jets become suckers and mortgage the future for the guy that pulled himself out of the playoffs last year and is demanding Watson money. Guess what ... I'm going to support the hell out of him and pray the team somehow makes it work.

... Till then ... I want  no part of Lamar. ... But I think I've made that clear.

Just say that!  And I nod my head and say, cool, I respect your opinion but you were burying yourself w/ nonsensical takes and they were laughable. 

12 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

If JD is able to go land Lamar and fix the position that's plagued this team for half a century, I would think he's continuing to give himself some room and that move, would secure his position for a bit longer, so hypothetically, it would be JD doing the search again, or at least that's how it would play out in my mind if thats the situation.

What I actually think would happen if the Jets land Lamar?  They win between 10-12 games, battle for the division, make the playoffs and then realize Hackett is a bum and they go get a better offensive coordinator to suit Lamar and they go sign Shane Waldron once Seattle's coaching staff is blown to oblivion. 

They win 10-12 games and fire the OC? 

Just now, section314 said:

They win 10-12 games and fire the OC? 

lol - good call out.  In this made up world I've created, they won on the heels of the D and the offense under performs a bit but if Hackett figures it out and has the offense humming!  Even better...no coaching changes necessary! 

• Haha 1

Just say that!  And I nod my head and say, cool, I respect your opinion but you were burying yourself w/ nonsensical takes and they were laughable. 

Being serious.. you brought up his stats .. I just pulled them up .. how can you expect to use that as ammunition in your take ? ONE monster year.

On 2/25/2023 at 7:53 AM, Dunnie said:

For all the Lamar guys ... Would Breece benefit from his arrival ? Or Garret ? Did any of the Ravens WRs/RBs crack 1000?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Being serious.. you brought up his stats .. I just pulled them up .. how can you expect to use that as ammunition in your take ? ONE monster year.

Dunnie, dude.  lmfao

• Upvote 1

Dunnie, dude.  lmfao
"But some key underlying numbers suggest this league-leading offense is really just a house of cards that’s being propped up by Lamar’s individual brilliance. And so far, the answer to the most pressing question facing Roman and his offense this year—can it put together a fully functional dropback passing game that isn’t solely powered by Lamar’s unique mobility?—is no."

Just now, Dunnie said:

"But some key underlying numbers suggest this league-leading offense is really just a house of cards that’s being propped up by Lamar’s individual brilliance. And so far, the answer to the most pressing question facing Roman and his offense this year—can it put together a fully functional dropback passing game that isn’t solely powered by Lamar’s unique mobility?—is no."

Robot Wtf GIF

that "running back" has had more success then almost every QB in this franchise's history, yet SOJF's like yourself probably want to run it back with a Wilson/White combo.  unbelievable. 
Wilson/White no

Rogers/Wilson yes

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, heymangold said:

that "running back" has had more success then almost every QB in this franchise's history, yet SOJF's like yourself probably want to run it back with a Wilson/White combo.  unbelievable. 

Aaron Rodgers has 15 more rushing TD's in his career than Lamar Jackson.  Using this information, I've decided that Aaron Rodgers is a RB playing QB.

• WTF? 1

18 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

He is not a rapidly declining player.  What part of 2nd best odds to win MVP do you not get?  

You want to knock him for his injuries, sure, the rest, pure nonsense.   He's 26.

not sure where you get 2nd best odds

after week 11 (he got hurt week 12), he was 6th in MVP odds.  and FWIW, tua was 2nd, geno smith was 7th and kirk cousins was 8th

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2022/11/21/23470794/nfl-mvp-odds-2022-update-rankings-josh-allen-patrick-mahomes-lamar-jackson-jalen-hurts-joe-burrow

5 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

not sure where you get 2nd best odds

after week 11 (he got hurt week 12), he was 6th in MVP odds.  and FWIW, tua was 2nd, geno smith was 7th and kirk cousins was 8th

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2022/11/21/23470794/nfl-mvp-odds-2022-update-rankings-josh-allen-patrick-mahomes-lamar-jackson-jalen-hurts-joe-burrow

The Baltimore Ravens offense is getting a lot of good press on the heels of its 37-26 win in New England last Sunday, and understandably so. It now leads the NFL in several major categories, including passing yards, points, and DVOA. Quarterback Lamar Jackson leads the league in touchdown passes and passer rating and now has the second-best MVP odds behind only Josh Allen. It’s starting to feel like 2019, when Jackson won that award unanimously and Baltimore led the NFL in scoring.

But let’s just skip right on past that pretense. For as fun as it’s been to watch this unit put up points, and as good as Lamar has been carrying a banged-up offensive line, painfully thin receiving corps, and disjointed defense on his back while producing stats like this …

“Lamar Jackson is playing the best ball he has ever played in his life. … There is no player in the league that is asked to do more for his team, but is delivering at a higher, more elite rate than Lamar Jackson,” Clark said. “He’s not only in the MVP conversation; he is setting a new quarterback market every time he steps on the field. For all the things that we said about the young guns that were coming up: ‘Oh, Joe Burrow’s better; Oh, Justin Herbert’s better.’ It looks different, but it’s not better. Lamar Jackson is the scariest player at the position in the entire world.”

“He’s accounting for 87 percent of the No. 1 offense in the NFL,” Orlovsky said. “He won the MVP in 2019; he’s playing better and doing more than he did that year. I picked Lamar before this season and there’s no reason that I don’t believe that Lamar is going to be the MVP of the NFL come the end of season.”

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

The Baltimore Ravens offense is getting a lot of good press on the heels of its 37-26 win in New England last Sunday, and understandably so. It now leads the NFL in several major categories, including passing yards, points, and DVOA. Quarterback Lamar Jackson leads the league in touchdown passes and passer rating and now has the second-best MVP odds behind only Josh Allen. It’s starting to feel like 2019, when Jackson won that award unanimously and Baltimore led the NFL in scoring.

But let’s just skip right on past that pretense. For as fun as it’s been to watch this unit put up points, and as good as Lamar has been carrying a banged-up offensive line, painfully thin receiving corps, and disjointed defense on his back while producing stats like this …

“Lamar Jackson is playing the best ball he has ever played in his life. … There is no player in the league that is asked to do more for his team, but is delivering at a higher, more elite rate than Lamar Jackson,” Clark said. “He’s not only in the MVP conversation; he is setting a new quarterback market every time he steps on the field. For all the things that we said about the young guns that were coming up: ‘Oh, Joe Burrow’s better; Oh, Justin Herbert’s better.’ It looks different, but it’s not better. Lamar Jackson is the scariest player at the position in the entire world.”

“He’s accounting for 87 percent of the No. 1 offense in the NFL,” Orlovsky said. “He won the MVP in 2019; he’s playing better and doing more than he did that year. I picked Lamar before this season and there’s no reason that I don’t believe that Lamar is going to be the MVP of the NFL come the end of season.”

that was after week 3 at which point he had 10 TDs (plus 2 rushing) and 3 Ints.  in the next 10 games, he had 7 TDs (plus 1 rushing) and 5 Ints.

^^^^ Jets fans are too good for that...
smh
You can agree with the article ... Or you can see this statement as the reason you don't want Lamar.

“He’s accounting for 87 percent of the No. 1 offense in the NFL,”

I would prefer a guy like Rodgers that makes better players of the guys on his offense.

Like I have said over and over and over .. Lamar is amazing ... But when all you got is Lamar .... That doesn't work. It is simply not sustainable.

Why am I seeing Tannehill/ Wilson in the future ?

11 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

that was after week 3 at which point he had 10 TDs (plus 2 rushing) and 3 Ints.  in the next 10 games, he had 7 TDs (plus 1 rushing) and 5 Ints.

Fine.  So he was 6th in Week 12 though?  So 5 players in the NFL playing better?  No chance Lamar finished strong and won?  I mean the point of bringing it up was that he was firmly in the conversation, yet again, as you shared. 

42 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Serious question....

How do you justify the Ravens letting him go, should they let him go?

Ravens are considered an excellent organization, one of the better ones in the NFL. They can keep him for only the contract.

For the Jets to get him, they need to not only give him the same contract the Ravens would have to be not willing to give to let him go, but they would also have to give up a huge number of picks.

In no way is that a knock on Jackson, Its the reality of the situation. The team who has had a front row seat for him and would have to compensate the least in that they don't have to give up draft picks, would have to make him available for us to get him

Serious question....
Ravens are considered an excellent organization, one of the better ones in the NFL. They can keep him for only the contract.
For the Jets to get him, they need to not only give him the same contract the Ravens would have to be not willing to give to let him go, but they would also have to give up a huge number of picks.
In no way is that a knock on Jackson, Its the reality of the situation. The team who has had a front row seat for him and would have to compensate the least in that they don't have to give up draft picks, would have to make him available for us to get him
B i n g o ... Being his own agent ... It will be very interesting to see where this lands.

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

You can agree with the article ... Or you can see this statement as the reason you don't want Lamar.

“He’s accounting for 87 percent of the No. 1 offense in the NFL,”

I would prefer a guy like Rodgers that makes better players of the guys on his offense.

Like I have said over and over and over .. Lamar is amazing ... But when all you got is Lamar .... That doesn't work. It is simply not sustainable.

Why am I seeing Tannehill/ Wilson in the future ?

Dunnie, stop, lol, just stick w/ "I dont like Lamar".   He's 45-16 in his career, he was 8-4 this year, they went 2-5 w/out him.  26pts to 16pts a game.  Which means, its not only sustainable, its the only way the Ravens win. 

How much of the offensive production do you think Mahomes was responsible for? News flash, it's over 80.  Do you not want him either?  

And the entire point I've been making is, this would immediately be the best offense Lamar has played on.  That's the point, he finally doesnt have to do it alone here.  

Dunnie, stop, lol, just stick w/ "I dont like Lamar".   He's 45-16 in his career, he was 8-4 this year, they went 2-5 w/out him.  26pts to 16pts a game.  Which means, its not only sustainable, its the only way the Ravens win. 
How much of the offensive production do you think Mahomes was responsible for? News flash, it's over 80.  Do you not want him either?  
And the entire point I've been making is, this would immediately be the best offense Lamar has played on.  That's the point, he finally doesnt have to do it alone here.  

So you think that Lamar would not want 50 mil per to play on the Jets ... after that contract how do you expect to keep all these playmakers on D happy ? Q is going to cost the team a huge amount.

35 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Serious question....

I dont have to justify anything.  I'm not making the decision and clearly I think they're fools for putting themselves in this position but we are here because I think at this point it's personal.  Jackson feels slighted and Bisciotti has been outspoken against guaranteed contracts and if the numbers that have been floated are accurate, they are insulting IMO and I'm great w/ the Jets giving him what he deserves. 

That said, if I was a betting man, this is all a pipe dream and the Ravens eventually give him what he deserves because they're not stupid and know he's their entire team and they suck balls w/out him.

53 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

So you think that Lamar would not want 50 mil per to play on the Jets ... after that contract how do you expect to keep all these playmakers on D happy ? Q is going to cost the team a huge amount.

How do the Chiefs do it?  Dallas?  Bills?  Because those are the top 3 QB cap hitters from this season (outside of Watson who didnt play), all won their division and made the playoffs.

On 2/24/2023 at 5:08 PM, slimjasi said:

Definitely not. Think about what you are saying here. 

Total passing yards are meaningless - yards per attempt is the stat that matters, because it controls for how often each QB throws the ball. 

The big issue with the stat quoted in that graphic is "from the pocket" - Allen makes some big time throws down the field after escaping the pocket . . . 

For each, one should also factor in in broken play rushing yards to those and call it yards per designed pass play. In fairness also count sack yardage lost.

Those broken pass plays that turned into big gainers still happened and weren’t designed runs.

Then at the end, consider Josh Allen has a 0% chance of being available. Worth noting, lol.