Lamar trade talks back on the table?

Rhg1084

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're asking this question even though the # 1 target of many here, Derek Carr, was outright cut by his team?

the words raiders and best run franchises do not belong in the same sentence.

add in the respective cost to acquire both (multiple high draft picks for lamar, zero for carr) and expected contract (over $50 million per, fully guaranteed for lamar, probably closer to $35 million per with the jets probably being to get out of the deal after 2 or 3 years for carr) and you will see there is a big difference between acquiring the two.  and that is before accounting for jackson missing the last 4/5 games of the last 2 seasons with injuries vs. carr who has been durable to date.

talent wise, no question lamar is better.  and he's younger.  is he worthy mortgaging the future for, given the costs, his injuries and generally declining performance, that is not so clear to many

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

if lamar jackson came with jalen hurts contract and didn't cost multiple high picks to acquire, you may have a point.

but trading away multiple high picks and giving $50 million a year guaranteed to a "running QB" who missed 5 games with injury in 2021 and missed 5 games (plus the playoff game) with injuries in 2022 is a risk many don't want to take

These people are out of their minds. They are megalomaniacs, they think they are the PHAROAH SO LET IT BE WRITTEN SO LET IT BE DONE

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You're asking this question even though the # 1 target of many here, Derek Carr, was outright cut by his team?

and he is my #1 target too. if you consider all the variables, he is the best out there.

Lamar: doesnt stay healthy. want 230 mill all guaranteed.

Rodgers: 1 year rental drama queen.

Tannehill: no reports say he is even available. will be 35 in July. average at best and a short maybe 2 year rental.

Glass Jaw Jimmy: too injury prone.

Carr: turns 32 in March. could be here 4-5 years. has missed (2 games back in 2016-2017) in 9 years. he is a solid QB. maybe his new coach was a dick. idk what happend there but we all know why the Ravens might let Lamar go. if your asking me if i rather a solid Carr play all 17 games and the playoffs or have superstar Lamar play 13 games and miss the end of the year and playoffs i choose Carr. 

trading for him will cripple this franchise. the 2-3 number 1 picks it would cost will kill us. Lamar has an injury problem, thats much worst than Carr getting cut after a down year. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

if lamar jackson came with jalen hurts contract and didn't cost multiple high picks to acquire, you may have a point.

but trading away multiple high picks and giving $50 million a year guaranteed to a "running QB" who missed 5 games with injury in 2021 and missed 5 games (plus the playoff game) with injuries in 2022 is a risk many don't want to take

not only that but those 2 injuries were to his ankle and knee. both were grade 2 sprains. running QB cant lose there legs or they suck.

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

and he is my #1 target too. if you consider all the variables, he is the best out there.

Lamar: doesnt stay healthy. want 230 mill all guaranteed.

Rodgers: 1 year rental drama queen.

Tannehill: no reports say he is even available. will be 35 in July. average at best and a short maybe 2 year rental.

Glass Jaw Jimmy: too injury prone.

Carr: turns 32 in March. could be here 4-5 years. has missed (2 games back in 2016-2017) in 9 years. he is a solid QB. maybe his new coach was a dick. idk what happend there but we all know why the Ravens might let Lamar go. if your asking me if i rather a solid Carr play all 17 games and the playoffs or have superstar Lamar play 13 games and miss the end of the year and playoffs i choose Carr. 

trading for him will cripple this franchise. the 2-3 number 1 picks it would cost will kill us. Lamar has an injury problem, thats much worst than Carr getting cut after a down year. 

Agree 100%. 

One can think Lamar is an amazing quarterback but consider the context and think the trade cost + rumored contract demands are too great for a guy that's been injured two years in a row. 

Carr does seem the most logical choice (under the assumption it's for a 30-35 mil a season on a 2-3 year contract)

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Flashlite80 said:

Pay a QB $50MM per and surrender your next 4 drafts.  That will cause you to loose Sauce, G Wilson, Vera Tucker and Breece in 4 years to salary sap hell.  Great plan.

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Pretty Much 

If you had told me these two posts were from Tweedledee and Tweedledum, I wouldn’t have been surprised.

Take a moment both of you and look at the contracts starting QBs like Mahomes, Allen, Watson, Prescott, etal recently signed, then ask yourself what guys like Hurts, Herbert and Jones will shortly. Burrow and Lawrence will probably be for over 60mil per.

In this market signing a guy like Jackson now for $50 will feel like a bargain in a couple years.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Tweedledee and Tweedledum in lockstep here.

Take a moment both of you and look at the contracts starting QBs like Mahomes, Allen, Watson, Prescott, etal recently signed, then ask yourself what guys like Hurts, Herbert and Lawrence will shortly. Burrow will probably be for over 60mil per.

In this market signing a guy like Jackson now for $50 will feel like a bargain in a few years, just like the Mahomes deal does now.

At the end of the day we’re both Jet fans.  However nothing wrong with having different viewpoints.  Like I mentioned yesterday I respect  viewpoint on this subject but right now this is how i feel.  Could it change? Maybe but I don’t see it 

• WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Agree 100%. 

One can think Lamar is an amazing quarterback but consider the context and think the trade cost + rumored contract demands are too great for a guy that's been injured two years in a row. 

Carr does seem the most logical choice (under the assumption it's for a 30-35 mil a season on a 2-3 year contract)

Agreed.  It’s not about Carr being better than Lamar.  If we just had to choose between the player we would all choose Lamar but the amount of draft capital we would face to give up on top of the injury concerns are the issues for me

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes.  Yes he is.  

Absolutely no one on the planet except Ron Rico came away from that game thinking "Boy, Hurts looked like sh*t tonight".  

Put your money where your mouth is. I'll bet you a thousand bucks Lamar Jackson doesn't ever lead a team to the superbowl, Jets or whoever. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Carr is the number 1 option of some because we wouldn't have to trade multiple first round picks for him.

Trading a couple of 1sts for Lamar last year could have meant we wouldn't have sauce and Garrett Wilson.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

so nobody here is worried that one of the best run franchises for the last 2 decades are getting rid of a superstar QB? did the Ravens all of a sudden get stupid?

Lamar has one playoff win in his career for the Ravens. And he’s been bad in those games. Yet there are Jets fans that believe he makes the NYJ bonafide SB contenders under Saleh and Hackett LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Lamar has one playoff win in his career for the Ravens. And he’s been bad in those games. Yet there are Jets fans that believe he makes the NYJ bonafide SB contenders under Saleh and Hackett LOL

SB??? that means he would have to play about 20 games, Lamar would never make it. 

• Haha 3