Lamar trade talks back on the table?

Rhg1084

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t mean “the offense” specifically, but the team itself. Harbaugh brought in Roman because of the success he had with Kaepernick. It’s a power running, condensed offense that features backs and TEs, and allows the mobile QB to get outside the box and make plays. It takes guts and commitment to run that offense in today’s game where everyone wants to line up in shotgun and try to luck into a handful of explosive plays down the field that win you the game. 

That said, I think Lamar is talented enough to play in other, more wide-open offenses, but any acquiring team would be taking a chance that he could do that at a high level. We just watched what happened in Denver with Russell Wilson moving away from an offense that catered to his skillset and into a more traditional west-coast set and it was a disaster. And with the Jets being the Jets, they went and hired the coach who masterminded that disaster. You really want them to run that same experiment with Lamar? 

Also, here’s a good article defending Lamar and killing Roman, but it contains a lot of good bits about the things they did to try and protect Lamar. 

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/nfl/2021/12/16/22838532/ravens-offense-issues-greg-roman-lamar-jackson

But this is where I disagree, the team, didnt do anything other than hire Roman to support Jackson.  I guess you could say they attempted to build around him via the draft but they've failed miserably.   That offense is pure and utter dog sh*t.  So while I understand this article questioning Roman's ability to beat certain coverages, etc.  I would ask, who's getting open on that team?  What RB can do anything other than push a pile?  It's one of the least talented rosters in the NFL on the offensive side yet, Lamar was having an MVP caliber season.  Again, 26 pts w/ Lamar, 16 pts w/out Lamar and they never scored over 17 pts when he was out.  That is such a significant drop of it's insane.  They went from a top 5 offense to the battling the Broncos for the worst offense (yay Hackett!) in the league.

So to your point, do I trust Hackett to figure it out?  No, not specifically but he's replaceable and wouldnt factor into my decision to get Lamar if the time is now to do it.  I definitely think he can figure out another offense though.  He was successful in Petrino's offense in college which is more spread oriented, went 6-1 after Flacco went 3-5 w/ Mornhinweg and then had an MVP season w/ Roman throwing to Hollywood Brown and Will Snead. 

20 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Lots of talk of the Bears trading fields, and then taking Bryce Young. You make this type of trade and you’re getting a young quarterback who’s already won an MVP. Baltimore reset their QB clock and then gets number one overall. Baltimore could then trade back and get a boatload of pics to build around Fields. Seems like a good trade for both teams.

Lots of talk via the media. Not the Bears. GM already said Fields is their QB. 

Yes, like all GMs he will pick up the phone should a team call about Fields. 

Poles: Bears must be 'blown away' to draft QB at No. 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/bears-gm-ryan-poles-must-be-blown-away-draft-qb-no-1

2 minutes ago, TommyT said:

Jetsfan80, let’s change this narrative.

I said what I said.

So unless people want to start calling him Running Back Josh Allen along with me maybe folks should chill with the "Jackson can only run" narrative. 

Dude threw for 36 TDs in his MVP year after all.  And he doesn't have a Stefon Diggs.

• Upvote 3

Let’s be real.  Hackett now has to face in AFCE:

Belichick 2x

Fangio 2x

McDermott / Frazier 2x

Fangio is getting 4.5M per to run Miami’s D.

Now is the time to go all in and get a legit stud QB in there.  You’re not winning a Super Bowl or even the division with Tannehill or Jimmy G. 

In 3 years they’re gonna have to pay Sauce and Garrett and JJ.

The window is NOW.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Without total passing yards as context this doesn't really work.  Which is 18,000 for 12,000 ish..

Definitely not. Think about what you are saying here. 

Total passing yards are meaningless - yards per attempt is the stat that matters, because it controls for how often each QB throws the ball. 

The big issue with the stat quoted in that graphic is "from the pocket" - Allen makes some big time throws down the field after escaping the pocket . . . 

• Upvote 3

Just now, pointman said:

Lamar is the greatest QB we could get, would have ever had, and will ever have. Sadly, its a pipe dream that won't happen.

Probably not but I’ll dream it until the moment it doesn’t happen all the same.  And I’ll make fun of the people who were wrong about Jackson for their wrongness.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably not but I’ll dream it until the moment it doesn’t happen all the same.  And I’ll make fun of the people who were wrong about Jackson for their wrongness.  

I can't believe how so many are talking about these other guys and talking about how Lamar is due to breakdown and how he is a running QB only. Wow.

• Post of the Week 1

I can't believe how so many are talking about these other guys and talking about how Lamar is due to breakdown and how he is a running QB only. Wow.
He not a running only QB... He just inconsistent as a passer and injured a lot recently. Also he healthy scratched himself last year. You have to wonder if his run first attitude will take the ball out of other playmakers hands.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The whole Lamar Jackson infatuation is like looking at 65 year old crack whore and only seeing the hot 18 year old chearleader she was when Reagan was President. Lamar is NOT and will never again ever be the MVP player he was.

He had the 2nd best odds to win MVP this season’s before the injury.  Lol  and he’s younger then Burrow