Lamar trade talks back on the table?

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will say, of all the alleged “insiders,” Fowler is always the most derpy. All of his “scoops” sound like stuff any fan of the team can cobble together—“the sides are far apart on the guaranteed money” <known since last summer> “trade calls are coming in! Can’t tell you from who! But they’re a-comin!” <supposition>. 

Is that the same dude who said Zach was late to meetings?

We live in a world where diva sports superstars demand trades when they don’t get what they want, even if they are under contract. If Lamar gets franchise tagged, I believe he will sit out and demand a trade. Maybe 4 first round picks gets it done.  

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

We live in a world where diva sports superstars demand trades when they don’t get what they want, even if they are under contract. If Lamar gets franchise tagged, I believe he will sit out and demand a trade. Maybe 4 first round picks gets it done.  

What’s the furthest out you can trade 1st rd picks? I believe it’s only 2 years. I saw today in the NBA Kyrie got traded for a 2029 1st rd pick! Lmao

• Haha 3

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

What’s the furthest out you can trade 1st rd picks? I believe it’s only 2 years. I saw today in the NBA Kyrie got traded for a 2029 1st rd pick! Lmao

You can do 4 First's in consecutive years but would have to be done on draft day since you can technically go 3 years out.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

It also feels like he's pulling out narratives that he feels are scoops

he is just a guy trying to make something out of nothing....he's got no sources, no connections, just a few articles that were published on fansided so he can proclaim to be an SI writer. Again, all his tweets are taking other people's info and posting it.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I will say, of all the alleged “insiders,” Fowler is always the most derpy. All of his “scoops” sound like stuff any fan of the team can cobble together—“the sides are far apart on the guaranteed money” <known since last summer> “trade calls are coming in! Can’t tell you from who! But they’re a-comin!” <supposition>. 

I can only assume that “most derpy” means “of the highest quality”.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, JETS SB said:

Lamar Jackson's contract is up. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, hawk said:

Why would anyone trade for a player in his prime at the most important position in ALL OF SPORTS that an organization is going to allow leave the building?

Huge red flag.

Are you suggesting that FA QBs are not the way to go?

3 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There is zero reason he shouldn't be demanding everything Watson got. He's a more accomplished player and it's not his problem that Cleveland spiked the market. Perhaps if the league doesn't want to pay guys like him, then they shouldn't enable and pay pieces of absolute dogsh*t like Watson. 

Totally but you still need someone to cut you a check. By all accounts literally the entire NFL ownership has drawn a line on doubling down for guaranteed QB money.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Totally but you still need someone to cut you a check. By all accounts literally the entire NFL ownership has drawn a line on doubling down for guaranteed QB money.

In the nfl, guaranteed money has to immediately go into escrow. Not sure there are many owners who either have the liquidity at all or have the willingness to write a check for 250million plus. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, hawk said:

Why would anyone trade for a player in his prime at the most important position in ALL OF SPORTS that an organization is going to allow leave the building?

Huge red flag.

Could you imagine Lamar Jackson playing in the Pro Bowl flag football league? He'd be worth it.  But in the NFL, he's an accident waiting to happen. He has a few years left until his wheels slow down like M Vick. Once he lost that step, it was all downhill.

• Upvote 1