Lamar trade talks back on the table?

Rhg1084

Still don't know why people think Lamar is an option. He gets hurt every season and Ravens aren't going to shop him for any more than Aaron Rodgers would get traded for. At that point just go get the more consistent player. Jackson hasn't started every game in a regular season in his career yet. And it's a pipe dream to think the Jets could get him for anything less than Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Dunnie, stop, lol, just stick w/ "I dont like Lamar".   He's 45-16 in his career, he was 8-4 this year, they went 2-5 w/out him.  26pts to 16pts a game.  Which means, its not only sustainable, its the only way the Ravens win. 

How much of the offensive production do you think Mahomes was responsible for? News flash, it's over 80.  Do you not want him either?  

And the entire point I've been making is, this would immediately be the best offense Lamar has played on.  That's the point, he finally doesnt have to do it alone here.  

45-16, annual top 10 scoring offenses, with the least amount of money invested in the offense in the league. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

I dont have to justify anything.  I'm not making the decision and clearly I think they're fools for putting themselves in this position but we are here because I think at this point it's personal.  Jackson feels slighted and Bisciotti has been outspoken against guaranteed contracts and if the numbers that have been floated are accurate, they are insulting IMO and I'm great w/ the Jets giving him what he deserves. 

That said, if I was a betting man, this is all a pipe dream and the Ravens eventually give him what he deserves because they're not stupid and know he's their entire team and they suck balls w/out him.

Im not telling you, you have to justify it, I am asking you how you reconcile it? Its a huge Catch 22.

I dont' think they will let him go either, but if they do, and its only for money, I don't know how we justify giving the money the Ravens won't pay, plus a kings randsome worth of picks.

They see him up close and personal, they know what he can and cant do, and what its taken to make his offense work. If this is a player who is as all world as you seem to think he is, he is not avaialble, which is the catch 22. If he is availalbe, its becuase the team who sees him up close does not agree

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Fine.  So he was 6th in Week 12 though?  So 5 players in the NFL playing better?  No chance Lamar finished strong and won?  I mean the point of bringing it up was that he was firmly in the conversation, yet again, as you shared. 

geno was 7th.  would you pick more than 6 players in the entire league over geno?  how about cousins (8th)?  tua (2nd)?

it was a point in time snap shot.  he started strong and his production faded later, before he went down with his 2nd consecutive season ending injury.

he's a good player.  i just don't think he's worth the cost (guaranteed contract and trade compensation) to get him.  as it is, the ravens don't think he's worth the contract, and they should know his abilities better than anyone.

37 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

His crap works in college ; not in the NFL . How many super bowl rings does Lamar have ?

Yes, so true, really great take here, I mean, blazing hot!  His 45-16 record in the NFL really speaks to how much his "crap" doesnt work in the NFL.

And a really great question and another incredible take you brought to the table.  He has no rings, therefore, he's not good!  And so are the 29 other QB's in the NFL who havent won a SB either!  Burrow's crap, doesnt work!  Jalen Hurts crap, doesnt work!  Justin Herbert's crap, doesnt work! Dak?  Nope!  Derek Carr, his crap sucks!!!!!!!!

Awesome contribution.   Thank you! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

His crap works in college ; not in the NFL . How many super bowl rings does Lamar have ?

This is a really incorrect statement overall. If you want to say it doesnt work in playoffs, you may have a point, if you want to say its not sustainable, and he won't be able to keep doing this year after year, you may have a point, but in the regular season he has been winning at a really good clip. And this is coming from someone who wants nothing to do with the comp it would take to get him, nor the salary it would take to get him

• Upvote 1

The latest turn came this week, when general manager Eric DeCosta somewhat stunningly shaded his wide receivers while meeting with the media at the NFL scouting combine, framing Baltimore’s struggles in evaluating the position with a line that was bound to catch the attention of his locker room:

“I would say a lot of people would say the same thing; it’s a challenging position to evaluate in different ways. If I had an answer, that means I would probably have some better receivers, I guess. We keep trying.”

The response from one of DeCosta’s wideouts — 2021 first-round pick Rashod Bateman — was predictably frigid. The less predictable aspect was that Bateman responded publicly on social media, while also including a defense of Jackson.

In a tweet that was deleted minutes later, Bateman responded directly to DeCosta’s remarks:

“[H]ow bout you play to your player’s strength and & stop pointing the finger at us and #8,” Bateman wrote, referring to Jackson. “[B]lame the one you let do this…. we take heat 24/7. & keep us healthy … care about US & see what happen..ain’t no promises tho … tired of y’all lyin and capn on players for no reason.”

After taking the message down, Bateman tweeted out “my apologies” with a hugging emoji.

• Sympathy 1

wow imagine they actually use the non exclusive tag on him? We’d have to swoop in and grab him if that’s the case. Two 1s for him is a no brainer 
Ultimate nightmare situation ... Would be useless in 2023 until an offensive scheme is developed for his declining skill set and maybe the team lucks out and he avoids injury somehow while that is happening. Then in 2024 he has a great year .. demands a ludicrous extension because he leads QBs in rushing and self made TDs. Then another solid run in 2025 before the wheels completely fall off ... Meanwhile the team has forfeited it's draft cache and hamstrung itself in terms of the cap.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

On 2/27/2023 at 8:29 AM, JiF4Lamar said:

Yes, so true, really great take here, I mean, blazing hot!  His 45-16 record in the NFL really speaks to how much his "crap" doesnt work in the NFL.

And a really great question and another incredible take you brought to the table.  He has no rings, therefore, he's not good!  And so are the 29 other QB's in the NFL who havent won a SB either!  Burrow's crap, doesnt work!  Jalen Hurts crap, doesnt work!  Justin Herbert's crap, doesnt work! Dak?  Nope!  Derek Carr, his crap sucks!!!!!!!!

Awesome contribution.   Thank you! 

So now wins is the best indicator of QB play? Got it! 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Ultimate nightmare situation ... Would be useless in 2023 until an offensive scheme is developed for his declining skill set and maybe the team lucks out and he avoids injury somehow while that is happening. Then in 2024 he has a great year .. demands a ludicrous extension because he leads QBs in rushing and self made TDs. Then another solid run in 2025 before the wheels completely fall off ... Meanwhile the team has forfeited it's draft cache and hamstrung itself in terms of the cap.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

You know what, after taking everything you just said into consideration I still want him. I’d love to see him and Breece in that backfield and watching defenses trying to come up with a scheme to stop us. Would be a lot of fun and then we can worry about contracts and everything else at a later date. I just wanna see exciting offensive football. We didn’t score a TD the last 3 weeks of season for Christ sake 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You know what, after taking everything you just said into consideration I still want him. I’d love to see him and Breece in that backfield and watching defenses trying to come up with a scheme to stop us. Would be a lot of fun and then we can worry about contracts and everything else at a later date. I just wanna see exciting offensive football. We didn’t score a TD the last 3 weeks of season for Christ sake 

Absolutely .. the guy is a game wrecker ... and would be amazing to watch ... but for how long and at what expense of the rest of the offense ?

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Absolutely .. the guy is a game wrecker ... and would be amazing to watch ... but for how long and at what expense of the rest of the offense ?

Well he currently runs about a 4.4 40 time. So even if he “slows down” later in his career he’s still one of the fastest QBs in the league and would be able to use his speed. Maybe like a Steve Young type 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well he currently runs about a 4.4 40 time. So even if he “slows down” later in his career he’s still one of the fastest QBs in the league and would be able to use his speed. Maybe like a Steve Young type 

Problem here is that Steve Young was one hell of a passer... 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Problem here is that Steve Young was one hell of a passer... 

holy sh*t. Lmfao. These takes,  go look at Steve Young’s passing at the beginning of his career vs Lamar and report back to me.  You won’t. 

55 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

So now wins is the best indicator of QB play? Got it! 

31 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Weren't you the one that told me record isn't a QB stat?

It’s way overrated but homeboy said, “his crap doesn’t work”, it clearly does. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

holy sh*t. Lmfao. These takes,  go look at Steve Young’s passing at the beginning of his career vs Lamar and report back to me.  You won’t. 

OMG .. you realize he didn't start until 1991 right ?? He sat behind Montana. Look at his stats form, 1992 onward.

ZxIzvCdY7xNrKyNbyM9sMkGYHKiOlWRkcZVQK5--

Edited by Dunnie
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

wow imagine they actually use the non exclusive tag on him? We’d have to swoop in and grab him if that’s the case. Two 1s for him is a no brainer 

I suspect he would get multiple offers, but Balt can always match it.  Let him go to the market and get the best deal he can and then match it.  Essentially gambling LJ's market value isn't as high as he thinks.

But sure, if you're the Jets and haven't signed a QB yet.  Sure, put in an offer. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

?? I just posted his pro career as a starter minus his 1st year... I can include that if you like. 

His career started in 1985 w/ the Bucs.  You posted his stats starting in 1992.  

I want a hand written apology for your behavior toward me lately.

4 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

His career started in 1985 w/ the Bucs.  You posted his stats starting in 1992.  

I want a hand written apology for your behavior toward me lately.

I guess Zach is paralleling Steve Young  then ? ..... I know of no human alive that remembers Steve Young as Buc.

BUT ... I will apologize for that if it makes you feel better.