2023 Yankees Thread

Maxman

On 4/5/2023 at 6:46 PM, chirorob said:

Gary was on a 1 year, cheap deal.  He could just be cut, not picked up for the season.

Donaldson was/is on a 2 year, 50 million dollar contract.  Cashman took on a huge amount of salary to bring in IKF, a decent fielding, 260 hitter (with no pop).   Then, he extended IKF for 6 million this year, when they had their 2 best prospects coming up, both of whom play SS.

I didn't understand that at all. They had three kids that could play SS and are moving two of them to other positions. So strange signing IKF.

Cashman needed to go many many years ago. I don't get it, he has been given so many chances. One of these years he will get it right just hope Judge isn't 40 and his talent has been wasted when it happens.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This sums up Yankees fans.  This is why Judge gets booed in Yankee Stadium.  Spoiled, entitled, and obnoxious.  How can you enjoy a sport and a team if anything short of a championship is a "bad" season?   

Doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy the regular season just means come postseason time and when it’s over I look at the result and I’m probably not going to like it. 

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:
14 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:
Let me know when Cortes starts consistently getting past the 5th inning

Let me know when middle relievers pitch 5 innings at a clip.

I like #2 starters who actually throw starter innings

And the Donaldson trade last year was putrid.  

He averaged 5.64 inning per start last year and it was his first full year as a starter. He was 12-4 with a 2.44 era and a whip of 0.92. If he gets his average up to 6 inning will be be acceptable? Cole averaged 6.06 inning per start last year.

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:
19 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

He averaged 5.64 inning per start last year and it was his first full year as a starter. He was 12-4 with a 2.44 era and a whip of 0.92. If he gets his average up to 6 inning will be be acceptable? Cole averaged 6.06 inning per start last year.

Yet he only lasted 5 innings his first start 

On 4/8/2023 at 12:17 AM, Maxman said:

I am not sure on Holmes.

Well at least you were able to unload Taillon

We now get pay the UM-BAY.

Hopefully he can get his ERA under 25 by the All Star break.

8 hours ago, NJ said:

Well at least you were able to unload Taillon

We now get pay the UM-BAY.

Hopefully he can get his ERA under 25 by the All Star break.

4 years 68 million for Taillon and he starts off 0 and 2. Not good. Eventually he will get hurt.  He will flash at times but just doesn't seem capable of living up to his potential. Won 14 games last year but needed run support to get there.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

4 years 68 million for Taillon and he starts off 0 and 2. Not good. Eventually he will get hurt.  He will flash at times but just doesn't seem capable of living up to his potential. Won 14 games last year but needed run support to get there.

Well, replacing Taillon, whom i believe you are somewhat under-rating with Rodon seemed like a legit move, let's hope it works out in the end.

On 4/8/2023 at 1:21 AM, Maxman said:

I didn't understand that at all. They had three kids that could play SS and are moving two of them to other positions. So strange signing IKF.

Cashman needed to go many many years ago. I don't get it, he has been given so many chances. One of these years he will get it right just hope Judge isn't 40 and his talent has been wasted when it happens.

At his current rate, Judge will hit 75 HR's this season. LOL

Bad loss last night, man on third nobody out and Judge/RIzzo?stanton can't get the run in.

Paying those guys what? $80 million per and they can't tie the game with a ground ball, flyout or cheap single?

WS teams win those game continuously, this group, well, same old, same old, 

Very disappointing.

59 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

Bad loss last night, man on third nobody out and Judge/RIzzo?stanton can't get the run in.

Paying those guys what? $80 million per and they can't tie the game with a ground ball, flyout or cheap single?

Very disappointing.

Almost like some of us were right about this team. 

On 4/11/2023 at 12:11 PM, Leftylarry said:

Very disappointing.

Unfortunately this is exactly how the Yankees are built they have no clue how to manufacture a run but in the case of having a guy on third with nobody out and three big hitters who just needed a fairly deep fly ball is criminal. Let me guess at least 2 of the three struck out ? I did not get a chance to watch lasts nights game was busy at work for some reason LOL

1 hour ago, Barton said:

They gotta do something about Stanton. This guy is made of glass. Btw nice job by Cole today. Team needs another elite contact hitter or 2 though ( cough benintendi).

Benintendi signed a 5 year contract. Yanks weren’t giving him that. They got Dominguez waiting in the wings to come up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barton said:

They gotta do something about Stanton. This guy is made of glass. Btw nice job by Cole today. Team needs another elite contact hitter or 2 though ( cough benintendi).

don't worry Bader will be back some time in the next 150 games 

13 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Benintendi signed a 5 year contract. Yanks weren’t giving him that. They got Dominguez waiting in the wings to come up.

Oh you mean that kid whose been in the Minors for 3 years was tearing it up in spring training and got sent back down ?? 

16 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Yanks looking good early on. Have won their first 5 series to start the season 

The Yankees will be what the Yankees always are a 90 - 100 win team that can not and will not win a playoff series . Been saying this for the past ten years and we are still built exactly the same way.  Stop being such a homer this team will not win a playoff series because we are the only contending team who can't manufacture a run to save their lives.

• Upvote 2

On 4/11/2023 at 1:11 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Almost like some of us were right about this team. 

Some of us know exactly what this team is and some just keep on hoping and that hope will never win us a 7 game series in the playoffs . How that's not crystal clear at this point is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Because the Yankees are stupid. This is a win now team. Benny is only 28 btw. Represents everything the Yankees have needed the last 10 years as an high end contact/high obp ball player and they met him walk because of Dominguez or Spencer jones who are years away if ever making it?? Good lord I hope that isn’t the reason. Those 2 guys haven’t either made it or excelled in double A yet and the Yankees are counting their chickens before they hatch? Prospects are long shots, in general. 

• Upvote 1

And yeah, unfortunately this is the same team that will look decent in the regular season, get their 95 wins, and will lose in the playoffs because they can’t manufacture runs outside of homers. Cashman is just doing the same sh*t over and over again; it’s mind-boggling. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Yanks fans definitely spoiled when they’re complaining about “how they win” ???. “Too many home runs!”… “not enough contact hitters!” … Geeze imagine what fans of the Twins or Pittsburg Pirates are arguing about lol

No I won’t imagine that because those are loser organizations and we aren’t. We should be disappointed with anything short of winning it all while they should be happy that the Yankees don’t have them relegated to AAA. 

11 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

No I won’t imagine that because those are loser organizations and we aren’t. We should be disappointed with anything short of winning it all while they should be happy that the Yankees don’t have them relegated to AAA. 

Im not sure what playoff losses are not registering with some fans . teams that are loaded with money will always win in the regular season mopping up the crap teams but that does not win you games in a 7 game series. The Yankees can match up with most teams pitching wise but they can not hit good to great pitching and that is 100 % obvious if people bother to watch what's actually going on . This Yankees team was shut out last year more than any team in baseball and they also scored 1 run more as well. I think the total of one run or less games for the Yankees was well over 20 games. People need to think about why that's actually happening.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Barton said:

There is a budget and they have reached the top of it.

Only hope is guys like Spencer Jones, Peirea and Dominiquez arriving soon.

• Upvote 1