Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

18 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

We disagree on some things here. We'll see what happens. I think the jets should get Rodgers. Does that work with getting Stroud or Levis idk. 

I think it's a massive mistake for Douglas to not try to get Levis. 

That's the Greatest fun in sports is the truth comes out 

Again, I think it's a fair debate whether we should have pursued Rodgers or looked to draft another qb. But once they committed to Rodgers, the debate ends. You can't do both as others have confirmed for a myriad of reasons. 

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The theme of the season is going to be Zach Wilson Truthers hoping for Rodgers to fail and, if he doesn’t, asserting that Zach Wilson would have played just as well under Hackett if only given the chance. 

The only way zac wilson can not fail, the only small glimmering hope is if his god Rodgers comes here for two years and something clicks in Zacs brain.

As for Hackett, awful awful hire by the Jets, just brutal.  100% repeat of the Gase hiring.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The only way zac wilson can not fail, the only small glimmering hope is if his god Rodgers comes here for two years and something clicks in Zacs brain.

As for Hackett, awful awful hire by the Jets, just brutal.  100% repeat of the Gase hiring.

We'll see. 

Hackett was a pretty decent OC in Jacksonville and a good one in GB. He only failed miserably as a head coach. The history of the NFL is littered with good coordinators who could not hack it (pun intended) as head coaches. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

We'll see. 

Hackett was a pretty decent OC in Jacksonville and a good one in GB. He only failed miserably as a head coach. The history of the NFL is littered with good coordinators who could not hack it (pun intended) as head coaches. 

Gase was a great oc in denver when manning carried him.

As you say we will see, Denver looked dreadful last year when he was running the show and it was not 100% because of Russel.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Gase was a great oc in denver when manning carried him.

As you say we will see, Denver looked dreadful last year when he was running the show and it was not 100% because of Russel.

But we hired Gase to be a head coach, not an offensive coordinator. 

My point is that there is a huge difference between failing as a coordinator and failing as a head coach. Maybe Hackett will suck here, but he hasn't been a bad offensive coordinator in the NFL, thus far. In fact, you can argue he's been a good one - which his how he got his chance to be a head coach in Denver in the first place. 

I agree he was awful in Denver as a head coach. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

We disagree on some things here. We'll see what happens. I think the jets should get Rodgers. Does that work with getting Stroud or Levis idk. 

I think it's a massive mistake for Douglas to not try to get Levis. 

That's the Greatest fun in sports is the truth comes out 

Amen only time will tell... if Levis gets the expected NFL 1st round draft capital and is sitting there in the 4th round of my 1QB Dynasty Rookie Drafts I may burn a pick on him and see if I'm wrong. I just expect him to bust given what I'm looking at. 

5 hours ago, bonkertons said:

This is kinda my thinking as well.  I guess if Rodgers ends up costing both 2nds(which I doubt, that's a steep price.  I'm leaning more towards one of them and a 2nd or 3rd next year) it could make sense to move down and recoup a 2nd.  Otherwise though, yeah this will - with any luck - be the highest we pick for a while.  Would make sense to stay put especially if the plan is to take an OT.  The big-3 aren't expected to last much further than where we pick.  

If we walk out of the first 2 rounds with an OT, a C, and Rodgers I'll be pretty damn happy.  

I don’t think it will get done until the draft but if should be done by day 2.   If we get through day 2 I think chances increase this doesn’t cross the finish line

• Thumb Down 1

44 minutes ago, ptisme said:

I don’t think it will get done until the draft but if should be done by day 2.   If we get through day 2 I think chances increase this doesn’t cross the finish line

It MUST cross the finish line with somebody from a GB perspective, if not the Jets. I agree after the draft the odds do go up someone else gets involved but we're still talking very remote odds. 

Forgetting stupid fake reports, we have yet to hear that AR spoke to any other teams. GB would have to convince him to change direction and consider someone else. Not sure I see that happening either. God this whole situation is a quagmire. How can 3 separate parties be simultaneously screwed?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

It MUST cross the finish line with somebody from a GB perspective, if not the Jets. I agree after the draft the odds do go up someone else gets involved but we're still talking very remote odds. 

Forgetting stupid fake reports, we have yet to hear that AR spoke to any other teams. GB would have to convince him to change direction and consider someone else. Not sure I see that happening either. God this whole situation is a quagmire. How can 3 separate parties be simultaneously screwed?

It’s unprecedented.   I’d say the odds of Rodgers being traded are 100 percent and 99 percent it’s to the jets.   For GB not to be shopping him and for the Jets to be looking at zero other options during this time AND for the JD comment last week it makes sense that they will make the trade during the draft but are waiting to see where the first 12 picks land.   Heck it might be that GB asked the Jets to wait on this in case JSN falls to 13 and they do a pick swap as part of this.    If this goes unresolved through the draft there will be a lot of head scratching.   JD wouldn’t make such a bold statement if he was in some kind of a stare down with the Packers

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Also I think the media reports are all over the place because no one knows.   The packers in particular from my experience have a history of being tight lipped

16 minutes ago, ptisme said:

It’s unprecedented.   I’d say the odds of Rodgers being traded are 100 percent and 99 percent it’s to the jets.   For GB not to be shopping him and for the Jets to be looking at zero other options during this time AND for the JD comment last week it makes sense that they will make the trade during the draft but are waiting to see where the first 12 picks land.   Heck it might be that GB asked the Jets to wait on this in case JSN falls to 13 and they do a pick swap as part of this.    If this goes unresolved through the draft there will be a lot of head scratching.   JD wouldn’t make such a bold statement if he was in some kind of a stare down with the Packers

However this turns out, we'll look back and say the Jets lost I'm sure...

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

However this turns out, we'll look back and say the Jets lost I'm sure...

Agreed.  Jets will cave.  Too many jobs on the line if this goes sideways.  Being perceived as losing the AR trade won’t cost jobs.  Not being able to complete the AR trade will.

On 4/17/2023 at 1:50 PM, EM31 said:

If i were Rogers I would show up for any and all OTAs and then declare that I have a hang nail or some such and that I am not in a position to participate.  No real way to be able to tell how long the rehab might take.

No one goes to the office when they are on garden leave 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't get the whole "the AR trade should happen by day 2 of the draft".  Shouldn't it happen before the draft?  That way if it doesn't go through, we can use the pick to take (or trade up for) a QB (if there's someone we want)?

you plan for it NOT happening... that puts any pressure on GB to make sure it happens.

Edited by Dunnie

2 hours ago, ptisme said:

Agree as I’ve said before I think the compensation has been agreed for several possible scenarios, the packers have committed to the jets that they will select one of them based on how the draft falls

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If Zach is going to resuscitate his career, it’s going to have to be with another team. The coach doesn’t seem to like him, and the players have been actively rooting for his replacements since about week five of his rookie campaign. The die is cast here. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Zach is going to resuscitate his career, it’s going to have to be with another team. The coach doesn’t seem to like him, and the players have been actively rooting for his replacements since about week five of his rookie campaign. The die is cast here. 

Ab-rise3.webp

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

More than anything else Saleh wants to be liked.

The Toxic fan base drove that Zach hate, weak Saleh let it sink in and the team followed Saleh's lead.

But yes, the die is cast here and I will be shocked if he's on the team in August.