Please no

They don’t use all the top 30 visits on guys they might draft early. He’s a day three prospect. Especially for a team that doesn’t have a third round pick.

They might want to bring him in to see if he can catch some passes in a workout in case he’s there in the fifth or sixth round. This is a nothing burger.

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

meh... there are several others in this draft I'd prefer over him... I do want the Jets to draft a rb in the later rd's... rb's usually take over a year to truly return to form after an acl.

That’s fine. If we learned anything about drafting RBs from the past few years in the NFL, unless you have a Breece level 3 down stud, you can get guys like Pacheco, Robinson, Bam, and be ok if you need a fill in. We have our  guy. Don’t need to waste a pick. 

33 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

So do you think this dovetails with being correct to speculate that Breece Hall will either not be good to go, or not at the level they want him come Opening Day?

Yeah, I would guess they’d need to prepare for the eventuality that Hall isn’t 100% until well into the season, even though Ty Johnson (imo) is a pretty sufficient backup option. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Well you haven’t watched him play. He isn’t AJ Dillon. He can’t catch the ball. He has no skill there. Dillon was at least an average receiving RB. This guy is not worth anything other than a 3rd day flier. 

Receiving wouldn’t be his role. He’d be our end of game closer. None of what you’re saying here is being suggested. The Jets aren’t committing an early pick to him just because of a visit, sheesh.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Hall is being projected to come back around the 8th to the 10th game so I wouldn't  say that is comforting. In any case, this draft sucks so if you can get a stud RB, why not. 

Sucks at certain skill positions like WR, but is a strong draft for TE, CB and deep at Edge

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Receiving wouldn’t be his role. He’d be our end of game closer. None of what you’re saying here is being suggested. The Jets aren’t committing an early pick to him just because of a visit, sheesh.

Just sharing about a guy that I know a little about. He’s small. Maybe 5’10-11’ / 200-210 - not a bruiser. Slightly taller than Michael Carter. Does that describe a guy you want as a goal line back ? Would rather use Bam in that role, if that’s the case. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Hall is being projected to come back around the 8th to the 10th game so I wouldn't  say that is comforting. In any case, this draft sucks so if you can get a stud RB, why not. 

Where did you see this projection? I haven’t seen anyone say he won’t be able to play until week 8-10. But I could be wrong.

27 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Just sharing about a guy that I know a little about. He’s small. Maybe 5’10-11’ / 200-210 - not a bruiser. Slightly taller than Michael Carter. Does that describe a guy you want as a goal line back ? Would rather use Bam in that role, if that’s the case. 

Where he wins: Feet

There are other aspects of McBride’s game that are impressive, but his footwork really stands out for a 215-pound back. His ability to effortlessly navigate tight spaces is simply outstanding.

What’s his role: Two-down back

McBride deserves the bulk of the carries in an NFL offense. He’s that spicy whenever he touches the rock. No matter the run concept, McBride produced

What can he Improve: Passing-game reps

When you are utilized as little as McBride in the passing game, it’s impossible to know what you’re going to get from him in that regard at the NFL level. He just needs practice.

1 hour ago, JETS SB said:

Yeah because we need to draft a 2nd round RB with the other holes we have.  Seems smart to me. 

Due diligence.  What if he slips say to the late second round, or farther?  Doesn't hurt to visit with a player.  Might also mean Breece Hall won't be ready.  Could also be a back-up plan in case he loses an edge after surgery.  

• Upvote 1

Does there have to be? Do we need to be drafting a RB in the first round? I don’t care if he’s college Saquon Barkley. 

So I can see why it can be misleading but "Top-30" draft visit does not mean they are looking to draft him in the 1st round.  Each team gets to schedule 30 visits with draft prospects where they bring them into the facilities.  Players who went to school within 50 miles do not count towards this....which for us means Rutgers I guess.

• Upvote 2

Does there have to be? Do we need to be drafting a RB in the first round? I don’t care if he’s college Saquon Barkley. 

1st Round?  I’m seeing this guy ranked as a day 3 pick?  Gawd. Do some research before freaking out. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Where did you see this projection? I haven’t seen anyone say he won’t be able to play until week 8-10. But I could be wrong.

I don’t think that’s been said anywhere. Last I saw, AVT and Hall are both expecting to be ready for training camp

• Upvote 1

More like 5th or 6th. Had more drops than catches in college. My nephew goes to UAB and my son goes to Florida Atlantic. Seen him play. His rushing yards are meaningless in that conference. 

You're right with 5th or 6th round in my opinion. There is a long list of better RBs in this class. I'm more curious as to why you'd get bent out of shape about any pick after the third round.

A team using an early second on Gibbs is respectable early third on Charbonnet mid to late third on Tucker. Other good backs in this class like Bigsby, Miller, and Johnson can be had in the 4th or later and i wouldn't hate it.

5 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

You're right with 5th or 6th round in my opinion. There is a long list of better RBs in this class. I'm more curious as to why you'd get bent out of shape about any pick after the third round.

A team using an early second on Gibbs is respectable early third on Charbonnet mid to late third on Tucker. Other good backs in this class like Bigsby, Miller, and Johnson can be had in the 4th or later and i wouldn't hate it.

I think I made it clear I agreed with that. I saw he was considered a 2nd round prospect and a poster said we could trade up with our 2 second round picks. I had no problem drafting him or a similar type RB late. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

The GM of the team, Breece himself and every Jets beat writer has projected week 1, but sure “nobody”. So far you’re the only one who’s said week 10. 

For him to play week 1 will mean he needs to have a full camp and preseason. In other words he will be healed late Jume or early July. In other words he will make medical history and recover from an ACL tear in 8 months. Does this really sound realistic? 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

For him to play week 1 will mean he needs to have a full camp and preseason. In other words he will be healed late Jume or early July. In other words he will make medical history and recover from an ACL tear in 8 months. Does this really sound realistic? 

Had surgery in the beginning of November - Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, Jul, Aug - that’s 10 full months of recovery before real snaps are taken. And yeah Camp doesn’t start in June either. Weird that this is the hill you’re dying on when everyone else expects him back 

5 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

Had surgery in the beginning of November - Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, Jul, Aug - that’s 10 full months of recovery before real snaps are taken. And yeah Camp doesn’t start in June either. Weird that this is the hill you’re dying on when everyone else expects him back 

You actually just made my point. You don't have a 10 month recovery from ACL surgery and start playing in real contact games. Not even a healthy player goes from not playing to real action like that. I mean did you really think hebwas going to go from rehab to live games like that? 

• More Ugh 1