Thank you, Joe Douglas. Thank you.

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

ryan reynolds hd GIF

I don't want to risk Hall not being completely healthy. We don’t have much room for errors. Stack the team as much as possible. I also dont think Zeke will be too expensive. 2yrs $8M I think gets it done. Structure as needed.

Just now, GreenFish said:

I don't want to risk Hall not being completely healthy. We don’t have much room for errors. Stack the team as much as possible. I also dont think Zeke will be too expensive. 2yrs $8M I think gets it done. Structure as needed.

I mean I'm down with adding RB(s) for sure.  I just see no reason why Zeke is your top priority.  He's toast.

There's plenty of midround RBs we can add and better and/or cheaper equivalent veterans out there (Kareem Hunt, Jerick McKinnon, Latavius Murray, Kenyan Drake, Mark Ingram, Benny Snell, David Johnson, Dontrell Hilliard, Darrel Williams, Royce Freeman, Rex Burkhead, Justin Jackson, Malcolm Brown)

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean I'm down with adding RB(s) for sure.  I just see no reason why Zeke is your top priority.  He's toast.

There's plenty of midround RBs we can add and better and/or cheaper equivalent veterans out there (Kareem Hunt, Jerick McKinnon, Latavius Murray, Kenyan Drake, Mark Ingram, Benny Snell, David Johnson, Dontrell Hilliard, Darrel Williams, Royce Freeman, Rex Burkhead, Justin Jackson, Malcolm Brown)

My list wasn’t in order of priority. Just a list of everything I want us to do. One of which is to add a veteran RB. Zeke would be my choice since he’d be good in the red zone but if there’s someone better, go with them. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2023 at 9:56 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Ive said it for months.  Bringing in Aaron Rodgers gets douglas snd saleh fired when its all said and done.  I hope I am wrong.

The problem in bringing in a 38 year old QB is, you better have a top 5 offensive line. And the last I checked we don't. So I would of never traded for him and rather signed a younger Carr and not give up anything.  

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

The problem in bringing in a 38 year old QB is, you better have a top 5 offensive line. And the last I checked we don't. So I would have never traded for him and rather signed a younger Carr and not give up anything…This why we never start a thank you Tony The Wiz thread.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dcronin said:

You’re insane! Rodgers is a literal corpse. He couldn’t beat the Lions at home to get into the playoffs

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yea lets look at 1 game and a 4 point loss and make that determination. Not to mention the fact that the Lions played great down the stretch. Rodgers was the only reason the Packers had a shot at the playoffs. 26td's/12int's, 3700 yards passing, 65% completion percentage. We could only dream about numbers like that from a Jets QB. Until now that is. 

Ive said it for months.  Bringing in Aaron Rodgers gets douglas snd saleh fired when its all said and done.  I hope I am wrong.

If this fails, the sad part is, it's not even their fault. 

I'm sure if they had their way, they're signing Derek Carr and having a QB of the future to contend with for only WJ dollars.

WJ on the other hand is shoehorning the trade through.

I'm hopeful it works out but it's quite the reckless gamble on Woody's part and JD and Saleh will be on the hook for it. 

SOJ or greatest move in franchise history. No in between. 

• 7 months later...
If this fails, the sad part is, it's not even their fault. 
I'm sure if they had their way, they're signing Derek Carr and having a QB of the future to contend with for only WJ dollars.
WJ on the other hand is shoehorning the trade through.
I'm hopeful it works out but it's quite the reckless gamble on Woody's part and JD and Saleh will be on the hook for it. 
SOJ or greatest move in franchise history. No in between. 
Turns out it was "SOJ"

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

Wow this man is Nostradamous!  Quite the prediction that might (and should come true 7 months after he said it.