The potential of this team really hasn't hit me yet

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

Ken O in 85, Vinny in 98 was terrific.  So was Chad in 2002.  Looking forward to the hate mail on Chad.  

Vinny in my opinion was a top tier QB when he was with the Jets.  I really liked Ken O'brien, but he was certainly not a top tier QB.  Let's just look at the QB class when Ken Obrien was drafted.  Did he belong in the same sentence as John Elway, Jim Kelly or Dan Marino?  No he did not!  Was he in the same sentence as Joe Montana, or Phil Simms or Dan Fouts?  

As for Chad Pennington, I loved Chad Pennington.  He was a leader, and very cerebral.  If I'm being kind, he had an average arm, and unfortunately, was very injury prone.  I wish things turned out differently for him.  But unfortunately, he was never a top tier QB.

2 minutes ago, Alka said:

Vinny in my opinion was a top tier QB when he was with the Jets.  I really liked Ken O'brien, but he was certainly not a top tier QB.  Let's just look at the QB class when Ken Obrien was drafted.  Did he belong in the same sentence as John Elway, Jim Kelly or Dan Marino?  No he did not!  Was he in the same sentence as Joe Montana, or Phil Simms or Dan Fouts?  

As for Chad Pennington, I loved Chad Pennington.  He was a leader, and very cerebral.  If I'm being kind, he had an average arm, and unfortunately, was very injury prone.  I wish things turned out differently for him.  But unfortunately, he was never a top tier QB.

Phil Simms?  Anything bad you have to say about Ken O'Brien, he was certainly closer to Simms than Simms was to Montana and Fouts. 

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Phil Simms?  Anything bad you have to say about Ken O'Brien, he was certainly closer to Simms than Simms was to Montana and Fouts. 

Okay.  I have to give you that.  I shouldn't have included Simms.  For the record, I was a Ken O'Brien fan.  But he was not a top tier QB.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Alka said:

Okay.  I have to give you that.  I shouldn't have included Simms.  For the record, I was a Ken O'Brien fan.  But he was not a top tier QB.

He was a statue with a great arm. Provided some great moments. Glad he was a Jet.

• Upvote 1

Its all leading up to week 1 Monday Night Football on 9/11 when the Jets host the Bills.  The jet planes flying over the stadium as fireworks explode to crown the inaugural season of #8 being a Jet!  Can't wait to hear the crowd roar after announcing his name and running down the tunnel.  All I can say is it better feel absolutely electric in there, over a decade of bad football with a litany of bad drafts, terrible signings, and overall disappointment over that same decade.  We should be the loudest crowd week 1 now that we finally have assembled a team of actual football players, with the expectation of winning.  And not just winning but being in the conversation to take that magical trip at the end of this season back to Vegas for the big one!  But I also give a warning to all, enjoy the excitement while we can, because the football season is long and you never know what might just happen.  A QB injury away from all the bottom feeders resurfacing and eating our now floating corpse.  We have been through this before in 99 with Vinny, surely history won't repeat itself again with us, will it?

23 hours ago, Jethead said:

I pretty much always find a way to work myself into an optimistic place during the offseason. Can't help it, it's how I'm wired.

This season could be historic. The young talent on this team is amazing. Rodgers will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. Why not us!!!

Extend JD!

Given your track record, I’d feel better if you were pessimistic! Seriously though, everyone pessimistic right now has been colossally wrong in the past—namely about Zach, which is what this is all about, they want—nay need—to be proven right about a guy who busted. Well, except @bitonti he’s always pessimistic (with good cause).

• Haha 2

On 6/8/2023 at 4:43 PM, FootballLove said:

Aaron is in the twilight of his career...he won't say it out loud but he's chasing a ring, or two, on the way out.

There's a reason Rodgers chose the Jets over the Pack or any other AFC team.....Jets are the best team he's ever played on, and he knows it.

Buckle up

Allow me to quote my own take: Look at the bold part, then click this link....it's to an MSN feed that hits my home screen...A few nice Aaron Rodgers' takes on the young talent all around him.....Garrett, Sauce, DJ Reed, MC, all get mentioned by name. He even mentions last year when Jets rolled into GB and beat Rodgers and the Pack.

Hope the link works:

Jets star Aaron Rodgers’ eye-opening Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson take (msn.com)

It's comments like these that leads me to believe Rodgers feels he picked the perfect team to go out a winner!

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Allow me to quote my own take: Look at the bold part, then click this link....it's to an MSN feed that hits my home screen...A few nice Aaron Rodgers' takes on the young talent all around him.....Garrett, Sauce, DJ Reed, MC, all get mentioned by name. He even mentions last year when Jets rolled into GB and beat Rodgers and the Pack.

Hope the link works:

Jets star Aaron Rodgers’ eye-opening Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson take (msn.com)

It's comments like these that leads me to believe Rodgers feels he picked the perfect team to go out a winner!

Ok, kevin 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Max, I have been imagining what it would feel like as a Jets fan to watch a year by a Jets QB (as predicted by someone yesterday) of 35 TD passes and 8 Interceptions. I seriously can not fricking wait 

I am such a numbers nerd and a combo of north of 35 TDs and South of 10 INTs would be fun to watch!

14 hours ago, Jethead said:

He was a statue with a great arm. Provided some great moments. Glad he was a Jet.

I have nothing against Ken O'Brien.  He was a competent QB for the Jets.  I would have much preferred Dan Marino, who was available when we picked Ken O'Brien. 

59 minutes ago, Alka said:

I have nothing against Ken O'Brien.  He was a competent QB for the Jets.  I would have much preferred Dan Marino, who was available when we picked Ken O'Brien. 

No disagreement about that. However, as things turned out, Marino on the hated rival list.

• 3 months later...
On 6/9/2023 at 3:45 PM, Jolt Contract Leu said:

Its all leading up to week 1 Monday Night Football on 9/11 when the Jets host the Bills.  The jet planes flying over the stadium as fireworks explode to crown the inaugural season of #8 being a Jet!  Can't wait to hear the crowd roar after announcing his name and running down the tunnel.  All I can say is it better feel absolutely electric in there, over a decade of bad football with a litany of bad drafts, terrible signings, and overall disappointment over that same decade.  We should be the loudest crowd week 1 now that we finally have assembled a team of actual football players, with the expectation of winning.  And not just winning but being in the conversation to take that magical trip at the end of this season back to Vegas for the big one!  But I also give a warning to all, enjoy the excitement while we can, because the football season is long and you never know what might just happen.  A QB injury away from all the bottom feeders resurfacing and eating our now floating corpse.  We have been through this before in 99 with Vinny, surely history won't repeat itself again with us, will it?

In some ways I feel partly responsible for this tragedy.