Cimini: Jets sense frustration from Aaron Rodgers, offense after spotty practice

Hal

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Hard Knoxks told me one thing…

At some point, everyone in the Jets organization is going to have to stop fawning over Aaron and just hold up their end of the bargain by leveling-up their play and/or job coaching.

Rodgers will lose patience and interest fast if the people around him don’t deliver. He’s no fool. He loves the red carpet he’s gotten, but he has goals in mind. Eventually that won’t be enough.

Stop all the “he’s our QB” and “what a throw” childishness. Act like you’ve been there. 

I mean, it was clearly selectively edited to produce the effect that everyone on the staff is fawning over Rodgers 24/7. It was the first week of camp when every team thinks they’re contenders and, in a lot of instances, they’re being prompted to talk about the addition of Rodgers. What are they gonna say? You see similar quotes from Saints players and coaches about Carr. Hell, Raiders players and coaches are talking up Garoppolo in these same terms. 

• Upvote 2

As far as Rodgers’ patience, this story stems from Corey Davis, Lazard, and Connor McGovern specifically being asked about Rodgers getting frustrated by some of the pressures the Panthers were getting. McGovern expanded upon his statement by saying that, in a real game, they’d have game-planned differently (meaning, they’re not going to be leaving Max Mitchell on an island vs Brian Burns). 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Barton said:

Good thing the jets have used the majority of their resources on the defense the past 2 years. 

Amen. Another 7 or 8 Defensive Tackles and we should be fine. 

Wonder if any current management watched the 2010 Hard Knocks and figured out Sanchez would not have had a prayer of getting us to division championship games without Clemens and Ferguson. Woodhead Johnson is too stupid to remember.

15 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

So Quinnen is better than Klecko, a guy who was  Pro Bowl at 3 positions and had 20 sack seasons and is in the Hall of Fame, where as Quinnen finally broke into double figures last year?   You are really reaching now!

And Brady won the Super Bowl 3 yrs ago- has the game really changed that much in the last few yrs or are you saying Tom isnt a drop back passer?

I think if you put Quinnen Williams as he is now in the year 1981 he might have 20 plus sacks 

Tom Brady era football is dead 

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I think if you put Quinnen Williams as he is now in the year 1981 he might have 20 plus sacks 

Tom Brady era football is dead 

He might but we ll never know.  What we do know is that 50 yrs ago Klecko was getting 20 sacks against the guys he lined against

Quinnen s best year has been 12, nearly half Kleckos total.

And fwiw if I could go back in time 50 years Id be the richest man on the planet.  And if you went back 200 yrs youd be one of the smartest.

It doesn't work that way.  You are judged against your contemporaries.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

He might but we ll never know.  What we do know is that 50 yrs ago Klecko was getting 20 sacks against the guys he lined against

And fwiw if I could go back in time 50 years Id be the richest man on the planet.  And if you went back 200 yrs youd be one of the smartest.

This was awesome 

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Quinnen is 25 he has a chance to reach 20 sacks in a year he also has a chance at HOF at least in theory

but what's the point of sack stats if can't judge him by anything other than his contemporaries? 

Klecko supposedly had a 20 sack year before the stats were being kept that would have beaten Gastineau's record 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

The Bills are real super bowl contenders 

The Jets are pretenders 

The Jets are the same no playoffs in a decade and not a winning season for about 6 year trash  until they aren’t. The Bills? Are  this eras Peyton Manning Colts. Beginning and middle of the year dominating  at a pretty convincing level. They looked unbeatable last year till it mattered. Then last 3rd of season they choke and show their true selves. Real Super Bowl contenders get hot late and peak in the playoffs. The Bills are the ultimate pretenders! Calling them real Super Bowl contenders would be fine if they played  the Super Bowl after 6 games  Bit! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Quinnen is 25 he has a chance to reach 20 sacks in a year he also has a chance at HOF at least in theory

but what's the point of sack stats if can't judge him by anything other than his contemporaries? 

Klecko supposedly had a 20 sack year before the stats were being kept that would have beaten Gastineau's record 

Quinnen earned his money and I believe he has HOF potential. I really do. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The Jets are the same no playoffs in a decade and not a winning season for about 6 year trash  until they aren’t. The Bills? Are  this eras Peyton Manning Colts. Beginning and middle of the year dominating  at a pretty convincing level. They looked unbeatable last year till it mattered. Then last 3rd of season they choke and show their true selves. Real Super Bowl contenders get hot late and peak in the playoffs. The Bills are the ultimate pretenders! Calling them real Super Bowl contenders would be fine if they played  the Super Bowl after 6 games  Bit! 

we clapped dat ass w/Zach Wilson.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

The Bills are real super bowl contenders 

The Jets are pretenders 

Jets have to prove themselves on the field no doubt but you also can’t fault some optimism after the Jets were in the playoff hunt post-Halloween last year with the worst QB play we have seen since Rick Mirer.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets have to prove themselves on the field no doubt but you also can’t fault some optimism after the Jets were in the playoff hunt post-Halloween last year with the worst QB play we have seen since Rick Mirer.

These are two very different schedules 

There was a reader comment burn in drew Magarys article that seems strangely accurate

'this is the most anyone's talked about an 8 win team in history 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I define a contender as a team that has multiple recent playoff runs experience 

Can a team come out of nowhere like Tampa Bay? Yes it is feasible but very rare 

Most of the time contenders have been knocking on the door for years 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

These are two very different schedules 

There was a reader comment burn in drew Magarys article that seems strangely accurate

'this is the most anyone's talked about an 8 win team in history 

Yeah, it’s the Rodgers effect. And Zach was incompetent-level bad and now we have a HOFer.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Year 4 he's  one all pro from tying Klecko.   Klecko never had more than 7.5 sacks playing inside.   He's big sack season came when he was at DE.   He did it once.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Year 4 he's  one all pro from tying Klecko.   Klecko never had more than 7.5 sacks playing inside.   He's big sack season came when he was at DE.   He did it once.  

Klecko has 84 sacks in his career

Quinnen has 27.5. His best yr before last year was 7 sacks.   He has a long way to go to catch Joe.    Fwiw I love Quinnen and I hope he breaks Kleckos record.

But saying he is better at this point in his career?   No sale!

59 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I define a contender as a team that has multiple recent playoff runs experience 

Can a team come out of nowhere like Tampa Bay? Yes it is feasible but very rare 

Most of the time contenders have been knocking on the door for years 

I define it as an entity contending for a championship. Since the Bills compete every year with the other 31 teams for the title you and I are in agreement. Noice!

8 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Klecko has 84 sacks in his career

Quinnen has 27.5. His best yr before last year was 7 sacks.   He has a long way to go to catch Joe.    Fwiw I love Quinnen and I hope he breaks Kleckos record.

But saying he is better at this point in his career?   No sale!

Klecko had 78 sacks and averaged 6.5 a year.   Q is averaging 6.87 sacks per season.  

Q will never have the advantage of playing on the edge.  Klecko playing inside averaged 4.625 sacks a year.  

If Q has a few more healthy years he's likely to be right in the argument.

I would argue the best outside players the Jets ever had on the line were Gastineau, Philbin and Abraham.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/11/2023 at 12:25 AM, DarthVitreous said:

Saleh has proven nothing in so far that he is even remotely a competent head coach in this league. 

He was just called out by Aaron Rogers, the adult in the room, who has the credibility to make such a statement. Rodgers didn’t complain about execution or talent, he mentioned energy which equates to effort. If your team has poor effort, that falls 100% on the HC. 

Rogers isn’t here to lose due to lack of effort or lack or preparedness. Saleh better listen up. Rogers will not be afraid to say what needs to be said. 

Rodgers hasn’t had a legit head coach since McCarthy who he had a falling out with.  Definitely this entire thing is a signal to Woody to get me a real head coach not a poor man’s Herm Edwards

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Rodgers hasn’t had a legit head coach since McCarthy who he had a falling out with.  Definitely this entire thing is a signal to Woody to get me a real head coach not a poor man’s Herm Edwards

Yeah! If Rodgers crashes and burns I wonder if we are allowed to blame the weaponz and the OC.

On 8/10/2023 at 5:00 PM, Warfish said:

childrens-bristol-stool-scale.png

On 8/10/2023 at 5:08 PM, hawk said:

So......

Wanting a high profile player to put a beat writer in their place is being triggered by mainstream media.

Personally, I could give two sh*ts what a beat writer says.  It would be good entertainment if a player said **** you bitch this is what I said.

Quite a stretch from we didn't have the same energy to he's frustrated with his team.  

Otherwise known as a hack.

Which types?

• Haha 1