Cimini: Jets sense frustration from Aaron Rodgers, offense after spotty practice

Hal

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Really?  Were we tanking the first year when we averaged losing games by double digits? 

If they are in the game till the end, how does that fit with your narrative that they "quit"?  They quit in the last minute of the game????

The team publicly turned on the players and coaches during the season and shat themselves down the stretch.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, hawk said:

I'd like to see Rodgers come at Cimini.  "Don't put words in my mouth you hack."

One way to control the narrative is to nip it in the bud.  

Did Cimini actually put words in his mouth, or are you just upset he reported what Rodgers said?

Honestly, all you guys who keep complaining about negative beat writers and media coverage are a bit much.

Maybe find a nice opto blog you’ll enjoy rather than getting triggered by mainstream media? @DoomProphet where are you when these delicate flowers need you to tend to them?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

So this is really a problem with Aaron Rodgers in general 

He's paid like the best QB in the league, yet he also needs great weapons and a fantastic line to function 

Guess what a qb making 38 mil per year shouldn't also need everything around him to be perfect. 

Rodgers should be the rising tide that lifts all boats but he's just not that great anymore. Now he's old and needs almost unrealistic amount of Pass protection 

Hence we will blame the line, which does in fact suck. But don't forget the highest paid player in franchise history should be able to play behind any line with any receiver and make the offense look great. The best QB in football should have some elusiveness 

That's what 38 mil per season is supposed to buy 

Instead the Jets are trying to make a late stage Peyton Manning style run with a garbage line. 

image.gif

5 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Nice pivot.  Now he is the most expensive QB in Jet history.  BFD.  Williams it the most expensive DT in Jet history by a wide margin-Is he better than Klecko or Gastineau?  Times change and prices typically increase.

QW might be better or at least comparable. Prices do increase but so do the skill set  

Drop back passing is dead, Rodgers is a relic of a by-gone era

we all understand the line isn't good enough it's up to Rodgers to be magic about it 

I'm sure the Jets didn't sign Pro Bowl guard Tomlinson thinking he was going to be sh*t last year, but nobody was critical of the signing when they got him.

I distinctly remember asking why they paid all this money for a dude to play AVT's position? LG was the one spot that wasn't broken and they even wore the same number 

As far as Brown, the Jets seem to have a plan and timetable..   Ill be critical of it if it doesn't work out, but right now I have faith that they know what they need to do to get it done. 

I'm beating the traffic. This plan of drafting Carter Warren and doghousing Becton isn't super sweet. If they were going to move AVT to RT it should have happened a month ago. Billy Turner aka Billy Turnstile isn't a real answer but coaches are treating him like the #2 LT behind the ghost of Duane Brown. 

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Did Cimini actually put words in his mouth, or are you just upset he reported what Rodgers said?

Honestly, all you guys who keep complaining about negative beat writers and media coverage are a bit much.

Maybe find a nice opto blog you’ll enjoy rather than getting triggered by mainstream media? @DoomProphet where are you when these delicate flowers need you to tend to them?

So......

Wanting a high profile player to put a beat writer in their place is being triggered by mainstream media.

Personally, I could give two sh*ts what a beat writer says.  It would be good entertainment if a player said **** you bitch this is what I said.

Quite a stretch from we didn't have the same energy to he's frustrated with his team.  

Otherwise known as a hack.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hard Knoxks told me one thing…

At some point, everyone in the Jets organization is going to have to stop fawning over Aaron and just hold up their end of the bargain by leveling-up their play and/or job coaching.

Rodgers will lose patience and interest fast if the people around him don’t deliver. He’s no fool. He loves the red carpet he’s gotten, but he has goals in mind. Eventually that won’t be enough.

Stop all the “he’s our QB” and “what a throw” childishness. Act like you’ve been there. 

I was starting to cringe a bit by the end of HK. The act like you’ve been there part.. they need to work on that.

Saleh has proven nothing in so far that he is even remotely a competent head coach in this league. 

He was just called out by Aaron Rogers, the adult in the room, who has the credibility to make such a statement. Rodgers didn’t complain about execution or talent, he mentioned energy which equates to effort. If your team has poor effort, that falls 100% on the HC. 

Rogers isn’t here to lose due to lack of effort or lack or preparedness. Saleh better listen up. Rogers will not be afraid to say what needs to be said. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, DarthVitreous said:

Saleh has proven nothing in so far that he is even remotely a competent head coach in this league. 

He was just called out by Aaron Rogers, the adult in the room, who has the credibility to make such a statement. Rodgers didn’t complain about execution or talent, he mentioned energy which equates to effort. If your team has poor effort, that falls 100% on the HC. 

Rogers isn’t here to lose due to lack of effort or lack or preparedness. Saleh better listen up. Rogers will not be afraid to say what needs to be said. 

Especially when the HC's job seems to be cheerleader. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, DarthVitreous said:

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Especially when the HC's job seems to be cheerleader. 

old lady fighting GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

QW might be better or at least comparable. Prices do increase but so do the skill set  

we all understand the line isn't good enough it's up to Rodgers to be magic about it 

I distinctly remember asking why they paid all this money for a dude to play AVT's position? LG was the one spot that wasn't broken and they even wore the same number 

I'm beating the traffic. This plan of drafting Carter Warren and doghousing Becton isn't super sweet. If they were going to move AVT to RT it should have happened a month ago. Billy Turner aka Billy Turnstile isn't a real answer but coaches are treating him like the #2 LT behind the ghost of Duane Brown. 

So Quinnen is better than Klecko, a guy who was  Pro Bowl at 3 positions and had 20 sack seasons and is in the Hall of Fame, where as Quinnen finally broke into double figures last year?   You are really reaching now!

And Brady won the Super Bowl 3 yrs ago- has the game really changed that much in the last few yrs or are you saying Tom isnt a drop back passer?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hawk said:

So......

Wanting a high profile player to put a beat writer in their place is being triggered by mainstream media.

Personally, I could give two sh*ts what a beat writer says.  It would be good entertainment if a player said **** you bitch this is what I said.

Quite a stretch from we didn't have the same energy to he's frustrated with his team.  

Otherwise known as a hack.

Nbc No GIF by Law & Order

11 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

No resources????

Garrett Wilson, Jeremy Ruckert, Breece Hall, Max Mitchell,  Knight

Joe Tippman, Carter Warren, Izzy Abakanda, Kuntz, Brownlee

Rodgers, Lazard, Brown, Cobb, Hardman, Conklin , CJ, Tomlinson

all say hi

am I missing anybody?

Brah, did you just list Brownlee in there?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

NO way is QW better then Klecko was when he was the same age...no way.  The guy over powered everyone...everyone,  Not so with mr W. 

10 minutes ago, Barton said:

Brah, did you just list Brownlee in there?

I gave you 18 guys we brought in on offense these past 2 years.   You're going to quibble with a  FA that's playing well and seems almost certain to make the team?   

OK 17. 

Or do you want to quibble over Kuntz too?  He was only a seventh rd draft pick after all and that's a lot better than an UDFA, I guess.