Zach Wilson by the #'s thru Week 2

Jetsfan80

8 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Hey, I was all for them getting Brady, out of retirement… what quarterback can we get that would realistically be able to get here? That would really make a difference, that would be realistic…, going to trade for cousins? That’s not gonna happen…

Meanwhile, I will sit patiently and await the next Zach sucks, thread or post,… Because, Lord knows, we don’t know that already…

I've been saying I'd like to trade for Davis Mills since June.  Young enough to where he could at minimum be our long-term QB2.  Still enough potential there where he could even be a nice QB1b or bridge guy.  Cheap rookie deal until the end of 2024.  Houston has Stroud and Case Keenum so it makes sense for them too.

Otherwise I'd go after trading lesser resources/draft capital for someone like Jameis Winston (NO), Tyrod Taylor (NYG) or Teddy Bridgewater (DET).  Minshew is a pipe dream so not even bothering listing him.

Any sexy options among those?  No.  But it prevents us from having to watch Zach stumble his way through the season and potentially avoids a locker room mutiny to boot.  This roster is too talented not to at least try.  Sending Zach out there week after week is just waving the white flag, which is a big old slap in the face to guys like Quinnen, Garrett Wilson and Breece.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Uh actually he's the starter now, and Saleh said he's starting the rest of the season too.  Not sure if you heard the news.

oh look, you unblocked me, lol.

So take it up with Saleh then instead of trolling the living sh*t out of the board. we spent a sh*t load of capital and $$ on Aaron Rodgers, and we did not do that for ZW to be the starter, because everyone knows he sucks. Your drivel serves no purpose other than to get thumbs ups by the 4-5 other idiots who trash the board daily with ZW sucks crap

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

oh look, you unblocked me, lol.

So take it up with Saleh then instead of trolling the living sh*t out of the board. we spent a sh*t load of capital and $$ on Aaron Rodgers, and we did not do that for ZW to be the starter, because everyone knows he sucks. Your drivel serves no purpose other than to get thumbs ups by the 4-5 other idiots who trash the board daily with ZW sucks crap

He can only play the QBs on his roster.  His only alternatives right now are Tim Boyle and Randall Cobb.

Would I prefer Boyle to Zach?  Absolutely.  Doesn't make him a strong alternative. 

Douglas needs to make a move.

If you pay attention around the league, not many QBs are getting much pocket time.
It's not so much that the Jets' OL is doing well, its that OL play is rough around the league.
But, weirdly, QBs out there are still producing!  Truly amazing stuff.
The guys who look like they are succeeding are either the guys who throw the ball so quick the rush can't get to them very easily, or the guys who can scramble away from pressure while still having a clear down field focus.

Right now Zach is neither of these consistently. He can sometimes get a quick pass away, but more often than not he ends up in scramble mode. Then he's having to ad lib and things go wrong more than they go right.

Coaching staff have a job on their hands trying to improve on both areas.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Unlike the 49ers, the Jet Front Office believed that they had to "justify" their pick of Wilson by letting him be the backup and "rehabilitate," kicking the can down the road to fight another day.  Hopefully Rodgers would play most of the season.  It was not a terrible strategy and actually worked against Buffalo.

The Cowboys were one of the strongest opponents on the Jets' schedule, and a terrible match up for them and Wilson in particular.  Let's see where we are at the bye.  But its not looking good at this time, and the lack of coaching and an OL is not helping.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Here's how Zach ranks for each of these key categories, (out of 32 qualifying QBs for the Rate stats):

• QB Rating:  53.3 (32nd)
  • QBR:  37.4 (26th)
  • Completion %:  54.2 (32nd)
  • Expected Comp % (per Next Gen):  58.5 (32nd)
  • Yards:  310 (29th)
  • Yards per Game:  155.0 (29th)
  • YPA:  6.5 (22nd)
  • TDs:  2 (t-14th)
  • INTs:  4 (39th)
  • TD %:  4.2 (t-12th)
  • INT %:  8.3 (32nd)
  • 1st Down success rate:  34.0 % (30th)
  • Sack %:  9.4 (23rd)
  • On Target %:  65.1 (28th)
  • Bad Throw %:  20.9 (30th)
  • Completed Air Yards per PA:  2.6 (28th)
  • Pressured %:  29.3 (28th)
  • Pocket Time:  2.7 (5th)
  • Time to Throw (per Next Gen):  3.22 (1st)
  • Play Action Passing yardage:  70 (23rd)
  • Play Action Pass Attempts:  5 (t-26th)

You are a broken record with Zach. Put Daniel Jones’s numbers against the Cowboys.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

You are a broken record with Zach. Put Daniel Jones’s numbers against the Cowboys.

This kind of comparison makes zero sense. Has ZW ever QB’d a team to the playoffs? Has ZW ever consistently put together games similar to Daniel Jones? No? Then people should stop trying to say they are the same QB facing the same defense. It’s a bad argument. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Jones sucks but he's been far better a longer period of time than Zach.

Only thing Zach has over Jones is we're not currently paying him $40M per, which I never would have done if I were the Giants GM.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Zach is horrible, but we are stuck watching his putridness. Firing JD may be the only way to get rid of Zach, unless Woody also becomes fed up and gives JD an ultimatum.

I have no idea why Douglas seems to insist on dying on the Zach hill.  Hopefully he's smart enough to realize he needs to make a move to avoid this disaster.

Here's how Zach ranks for each of these key categories, (out of 32 qualifying QBs for the Rate stats):

interesting that you post 50 different stats to show how terrible Zach is.

why didn't you post the stat that shows:

when Zach throws the ball in 2.5 seconds or less  he's has a LEAGUE BEST 130 Passer Rating (compared to all QB)?

• Upvote 1

Thru two games, the Cowboys have the #1 defense in the league and the Bills are #5. Are they ranked that high somewhat because they faced Zach at QB? Almost certainly. Are Zach’s bad numbers in part because he’s faced two really good defenses this year? Uh, yeah, probably also a safe bet. 

Pats are #14 on defense right now. Jets are #21. I’m not looking forward to Beli vs Zach, but this is their next and best opportunity to try to right the ship on both sides of the ball this week. This would've been a W with Rodgers. It’s an uphill battle with Wilson. The team is trying to rally behind the QB. With the game at home this week, it would be nice to see the fans try to do the same. He’s gonna need all the help he can get. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Numbers can be used to say lots of things. Things like…

- The Jets have faced the #1 and #5 defense in the NFL in their first two weeks

- The Jets are trying to win while having one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL.

IMG_7490.thumb.jpeg.e17e37bbb0c3cb46a27a8a897882f5ab.jpeg

- Zach Wilson is better than Daniel Jones against top defenses.

IMG_7478.thumb.jpeg.f4bc8f1abeaee09cf4bd47a2c6ce5282.jpeg

IMG_7479.thumb.jpeg.7767d896446cd55bf9d51af62ee72014.jpeg

#Stats

Also, LOL 

Let’s give this thing a few weeks. The Jets are who they are and thus far, unfortunately, they are who they were (in 2022). There is no quick fix for this. We’re going to have to let it marinate.

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Thru two games, the Cowboys have the #1 defense in the league and the Bills are #5. Are they ranked that high somewhat because they faced Zach at QB? Almost certainly. Are Zach’s bad numbers in part because he’s faced two really good defenses this year? Uh, yeah, probably also a safe bet. 

Pats are #14 on defense right now. Jets are #21. I’m not looking forward to Beli vs Zach, but this is their next and best opportunity to try to right the ship on both sides of the ball this week. This would've been a W with Rodgers. It’s an uphill battle with Wilson. The team is trying to rally behind the QB. With the game at home this week, it would be nice to see the fans try to do the same. He’s gonna need all the help he can get. 

We were thinking the same thing at the same time. Posted a table showing exactly what you said about defenses. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, DireJet said:

This kind of comparison makes zero sense. Has ZW ever QB’d a team to the playoffs? Has ZW ever consistently put together games similar to Daniel Jones? No? Then people should stop trying to say they are the same QB facing the same defense. It’s a bad argument. 

You are right Jones lead the Giants to the playoffs. As good as he plays at times, he sucked against the Cowboys defense.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slats said:

Fans will cheer if he plays well. They’ll boo if he doesn’t play well. He is in control of this situation. 

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I have no idea why Douglas seems to insist on dying on the Zach hill.  Hopefully he's smart enough to realize he needs to make a move to avoid this disaster.

JD is a traits guy and Zach definitely has the physical traits (mobility, arm strength) to be a very good qb. The pass to Lazard which was ruled incomplete at end of cowboys game was insane. 50 yd dime off his back foot right into Lazard’s hands down the sideline between corner and a safety. He doesn’t have it mentally nor the mechanical consistency/accuracy to be successful IMO. JD must feel this can be developed. Hasn’t happened yet.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But, but, hes got skilllllllllllzzzzzz and pedigree and poor him for playing against a few good defenses!

F'n BUM yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Holding a full half second longer than Justin Fields but yes lets kill Duane Brown 

Same as last year and the year before. Also the same reason every non-ZW QB put up #s in the MLF system.

Shocker … but no system will work if you are playing slow!!!

• Upvote 3

Well I guess he's getting better. Now I know why other teams are not willing to trade us a QB ... Because we refuse to include this phenom in the trade.

He had 4 good plays on Sunday I mean that's Improvement right ??

His time to throw numbers are number one because he holds the ball longer than any other QB in the NFL.

I feel sorry for the kid not because he sucks but because he should have been cut and spared further embarrassment ... Why do we keep torturing him. 

New England this week should be the nail in the coffin just like last year should have been.

• Haha 3

He can only play the QBs on his roster.  His only alternatives right now are Tim Boyle and Randall Cobb.

Would I prefer Boyle to Zach?  Absolutely.  Doesn't make him a strong alternative. 

Douglas needs to make a move.

ok awesome, so complain to Douglas than, rather than trolling the living sh*t out of this board. Your stance on ZW is very, very clear to every human with a pulse, and probably even their dogs and cats, with or without a pulse

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

ok awesome, so complain to Douglas than, rather than trolling the living sh*t out of this board. Your stance on ZW is very, very clear to every human with a pulse, and probably even their dogs and cats, with or without a pulse

How dare he present the statistics of the starting quarterback of the New York Jets on a New York Jets message board.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Numbers can be used to say lots of things. Things like…

- The Jets have faced the #1 and #5 defense in the NFL in their first two weeks

- The Jets are trying to win while having one of the worst defenses in the entire NFL.

IMG_7490.thumb.jpeg.e17e37bbb0c3cb46a27a8a897882f5ab.jpeg

- Zach Wilson is better than Daniel Jones against top defenses.

IMG_7478.thumb.jpeg.f4bc8f1abeaee09cf4bd47a2c6ce5282.jpeg

IMG_7479.thumb.jpeg.7767d896446cd55bf9d51af62ee72014.jpeg

#Stats

Also, LOL 

Let’s give this thing a few weeks. The Jets are who they are and thus far, unfortunately, they are who they were (in 2022). There is no quick fix for this. We’re going to have to let it marinate.

I get it all the 3 and outs and low TOP numbers don't actually help the defense ? I've had it wrong all along.

52 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

interesting that you post 50 different stats to show how terrible Zach is.

why didn't you post the stat that shows:

when Zach throws the ball in 2.5 seconds or less  he's has a LEAGUE BEST 130 Passer Rating (compared to all QB)?

Then why doesn’t he throw it in 2.5 or less more? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, faba said:

Hackett has to design plays to his strength which is moving the pocket around rolling out and let him run upfield if there is openings

I would agree with this if it was a ZW strength but its not. Zach plays best when he's actually playing like a real QB, which means moving up into the pocket and getting something behind his throws stepping into the throws  which forces him into proper mechanics. When he's outside the pocket its a circus.

• Upvote 2

JD is wildly guilty of the sunk cost fallacy, beyond any GM I've ever seen. That's been proven many times over, and is really seeable in many of the Jets worst commitments today not named Zach (a couple of guys who go by CJ spring to mind).

History tells us he desperately needs another team to offer him something as meaningless as a conditional 7th just to save him from himself on this one.

• Upvote 1