Props to Wilson

Ghost

3 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The pass was high and extremely late. Zach watched Wilson and hesitated, had he thrown it earlier, Garett could have gone in easy.  But instead he waited until a DB was right behind him before lasering it late and high.  I agree Garett should have caught it but he is likely getting tackled from behind if he does.

0AABBE20-38B6-4C50-B390-65A8ED4C1EB2.gif.c603ddcf045e7257623201490cba125d.gif

I see a lot of people are once again blaming the WRs for Zach’s misfires.  His accuracy and timing hasn’t improved much, he just doesn’t dirt balls anymore.  He still can’t throw guys open or hit them in stride and he still holds the ball and takes sacks.
And so far, the defense and Breece Hall have prevented this season from being over.

I get it but get real.  That's a drop for a top NFL WR.  It's a drop for a mid-level NFL receiver.  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The pass was high and extremely late. Zach watched Wilson and hesitated, had he thrown it earlier, Garett could have gone in easy.  But instead he waited until a DB was right behind him before lasering it late and high.  I agree Garett should have caught it but he is likely getting tackled from behind if he does.

I see a lot of people are once again blaming the WRs for Zach’s misfires.  His accuracy and timing hasn’t improved much, he just doesn’t dirt balls anymore.  He still can’t throw guys open or hit them in stride and he still holds the ball and takes sacks.
And so far, the defense and Breece Hall have prevented this season from being over.

I'm sorry if AR threw that same pass everyone here would be blaming Garret for dropping it . A #1 wr has to make that catch period. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

“Extremely high”

hits him in the facemask 

Scooby Doo Help GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, FactsOnly said:

“Extremely high”

hits him in the facemask 

Scooby Doo Help GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

It actually hit him in both hands and he didn't extend his arms at all.  He was thinking about the contact instead of securing the catch.  GW knows it and I'm sure he'll see it again on tape and work on fixing it.  It's all part of the mind game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I get it but get real.  That's a drop for a top NFL WR.  It's a drop for a mid-level NFL receiver.  

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'm sorry if AR threw that same pass everyone here would be blaming Garret for dropping it . A #1 wr has to make that catch period. 

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

A No. 3 has to make that catch.  

I literally said he should have caught it.  At no point did I say it wasn’t a drop.

Who would you blame if he had caught it and gotten drilled before reaching the end zone?  Garrett catching it would not have mattered.  He would not have been able to score because Zach was late with the ball.

Just now, Darnold's Forehead said:

I literally said he should have caught it.  At no point did I say it wasn’t a drop.

Who would you blame if he had caught it and gotten drilled before reaching the end zone?  Garrett catching it would not have mattered.  He would not have been able to score because Zach was late with the ball.

Disagree,  We can't know if he would or wouldn't have scored.   We only know he didn't leave his feet, didn't extend his arms and the ball hit him in both hands and he looked for the defender as it bounced off his hands. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If Rodgers didn't go down this team is 1 and 4 and everyone is fired.  The best thing that happened to the Jets is Rodgers going down.  

Wow, I think you're right... as the first three weeks for Rodgers would have been brutal like when he faced us last year...  at most we're where we are now at 2-3.

It’s bad ball placement, which is a thing that plagues inaccurate QBs. But, like i said, it’s a positive that at least he gave Garrett a shot on that play, especially with Surtain in coverage.
Looks like Wilson was getting mugged.3a17098ba9465b1b2362125945c99b17.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

your the one spinning homie, i pointed out that ZW is a backup qb, and you then showed me way more than I wanted to see doing gymnastics in a thong

Because you are wrong. Zach started out as the backup. He has been elevated to starter. That's  like saying saying when Bledsoe got injured Brady was the backup and remained a backup the remainder of the season. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Because you are wrong. Zach started out as the backup. He has been elevated to starter. That's  like saying saying when Bledsoe got injured Brady was the backup and remained a backup the remainder of the season. 

at the time, that was 100% true, you are using hindsight and revisionist history to make a really wrong point. Had Brady been a normal 6th round pick and sucked, Bledsoe would have come back in and resumed as starter, he didnt, he never did. The second AR is healthy he is back and ZW is on the bench, he is a backup, nothing more. Get a grip hombre, and please for the love of god shave, its too much

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Disagree,  We can't know if he would or wouldn't have scored.   We only know he didn't leave his feet, didn't extend his arms and the ball hit him in both hands and he looked for the defender as it bounced off his hands. 

For the third time, I agree that Garrett should have caught it.  I agree with everything you just described.  He did a poor job attempting to catch it.

The fact that you cannot concede anything whatsoever that Zach may have some blame in the failed play does not surprise me.

• WTF? 1

Considering that Rodgers just tore his Achilles at 41 years old, I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all to have a quality backup in place.
I also think Mills would make a strong long-term QB 1B option as well.  He’s young, definitely not at all terrible, and his future in this league isn’t set in stone.  Why can’t he be the kind of QB you turn to as a bridge option after Rodgers retires?
It's amazing how Aaron Rodgers gets older and older with every post. Next he will be 42.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

This pass should have been caught.  I would bet GW would say the same thing.  It hit his hand and wasn’t caught.  This is a horrid take

• Sympathy 2

10 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

For the third time, I agree that Garrett should have caught it.  I agree with everything you just described.  He did a poor job attempting to catch it.

The fact that you cannot concede anything whatsoever that Zach may have some blame in the failed play does not surprise me.

You're looking for perfection.  I'm looking for WR to catch balls that hit them in their hands.  Don't try to make it look like I'm the one with an agenda or I'm defending Zach.   You're example of why Zach sucks, frankly sucks.  If this is the best you can come up with you're lazy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This pass should have been caught.  I would bet GW would say the same thing.  It hit his hand and wasn’t caught.  This is a horrid take

Reread my post and pay close attention to where I agreed Wilson should have caught it.  You’re understanding is obviously too limited to see the bigger picture.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

I keep writing this but my sense is that it’s like a rookie year for him, where he’s actually being coached, his mechanics and decision making are a work in progress, and there’s enough good to have hope.  The difference is that we’ve also seen 2 other years of crap.

if wilson can continue to improve and become geno smith (can’t believe I’m typing this), then that’s nice and you can keep him as Rodgers’ backup and hopeful successor.  But if this is the extent of the improvement and there’s no more upside, then you may as well draft a guy in the 3rd round and try to groom someone else.  

100% agree. What will be critical for Zach Wilson would be familiarity. If this coaching staff can stick together and have some success, leaving Wilson in the same system to learn behind Rodgers for another couple of years then I think he's got a shot.

If we're getting a new HC next year then he's in trouble....if he's even on the roster.

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I’m real happy with the win. Concerned about the O line injuries, the D starting slow again and the red zone production on O. Your post seems to blame the red zone lack of production solely on Wilson. While he is part to blame, the last i checked he’s not blocking or running the ball. i think the play calls are the bigger problem. I’d be interested to see the # of run vs pass play calls in the red zone. 

Doesn’t look like it’s too bad for AVT, MRI is expected to come back clean for a Achilles, sounds like it’s actually the calf, Becton seems to be okay & I have no idea about Tippman, but pretty sure if it was bad, more people would be speculating on Twitter.

As for the bolded:

I’m not saying it’s solely his fault, but naturally, yes, you do tend to put a focus on the guy who couldn’t cash in on a defense that kept coughing up the ball left & right. We’re not going to recover two fumbles & down our opponent with a safety every game, so it would have been nice to see him lead a drive or two similar to his last outing. By no means was everything else around him perfect but the kid has to start turning the corner on what we expect an NFL QB running an NFL offense to do. These are easy bucket opportunities that every productive, decent NFL offense can convert on when led by a competent QB. We didn’t get any of those yesterday.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Reread my post and pay close attention to where I agreed Wilson should have caught it.  You’re understanding is obviously too limited to see the bigger picture.

So why are you bitching about the throw being late or it being too high?  You’re either bitching just to bitch over that throw or you have no clue.  

You’re right though, I have no idea what you’re bitching about with that pass.  

Neither can anyone else

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You're looking for perfection.  I'm looking for WR to catch balls that hit them in their hands.  Don't try to make it look like I'm the one with an agenda or I'm defending Zach.   Your example of why Zach sucks, frankly sucks.  If this is the best you can come up with you're lazy.

Thanks for proving my last point.

Next time I’m late to work I’ll be sure to use that perfection line on my boss.

I never said this specific play is why Zach sucks, either.  It was a reply to a post that brought this specific play up.  Your reading comprehension needs some work.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Doesn’t look like it’s too bad for AVT, MRI is expected to come back clean for a Achilles, sounds like it’s actually the calf, Becton seems to be okay & I have no idea about Tippman, but pretty sure if it was bad, more people would be speculating on Twitter.

As for the bolded:

I’m not saying it’s solely his fault, but naturally, yes, you do tend to put a focus on the guy who couldn’t cash in on a defense that kept coughing up the ball left & right. We’re not going to recover two fumbles & down our opponent with a safety every game, so it would have been nice to see him lead a drive or two similar to his last outing. By no means was everything else around him perfect but the kid has to start turning the corner on what we expect an NFL QB running an NFL offense to do. These are easy bucket opportunities that every productive, decent NFL offense can convert on when led by a competent QB. We didn’t get any of those yesterday.

How many times do you see offenses score the first play after a turnover. The Jets approach is to make sure they get 3 or 4 yards on first down, You can't play scared in the NFL especially when the rules favor the offense . 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Darnold's Forehead said:

Thanks for proving my last point.

Next time I’m late to work I’ll be sure to use that perfection line on my boss.

I never said this specific play is why Zach sucks, either.  It was a reply to a post that brought this specific play up.  Your reading comprehension needs some work.

I find it hard to believe your boss would fire you for being a minute late and delivering profitable business to your company.  Seems like a prick to work for. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

He was wide open and the pass hit him in the hands.  Stop already with the Nostradamus predictions about him not scoring or getting drilled

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He was wide open and the pass hit him in the hands.  Stop already with the Nostradamus predictions about him not scoring or getting drilled

Like we have never seen a DB whiff on a tackle.  They are always perfect.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So why are you bitching about throw being late or it being too high?  
You’re bitching just to bitch over that throw or you have no clue.  
You’re right, I have no idea what you’re bitching about with that pass.  
Neither can anyone else

LOL where am I bitching?  All I did was point out that Zach’s throw was too late.  I guess any criticism of Zach counts as bitching to you?

All these replies and yet no one I’ve been discussing with has conceded that Zach was late.  Anything but that. Can’t possibly be Zach’s fault.  Every time this happens, it has to be solely the WR’s fault.  Nothing else can be true.

Now go finish downvoting or confused-ing the rest of my posts.