Props to Wilson

Ghost

1 minute ago, Ron Rico said:

Wow, what a POS. I never made any personal attacks to you, unprovoked. You have served notice you are a dishonest coward. Time for you to join Flea Vagina Funk. Buh bye.

See Ya Sport GIF by UFC

Spoken like a true upstanding keyboard warrior. Stop now you're really embarrassing yourself. 

Zach Wilson continues to be a liability.

I'm not seeing much mention of ball security. He easily could have lost three fumbles today if the ball takes a different bounce.

The miss to Garrett Wilson streaking down the left sideline was brutal. Second time in two weeks Garrett was robbed of a TD while wide open running down the sideline.

The interception at the end of the fourth quarter is on him. It was a decent throw, but if he had any situational awareness, he would know you can't make that throw unless it's 100% open. The Jets needed to come away with points on that drive, and Zach's bone headed decision easily could have lost them the game.

I'm not even going to go into the debacle with time management at the end of the first half. Unacceptable. Again, a critical three points lost.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

• The INT was his fault. He should’ve been in a position where only Garrett Wilson can catch it. This is something he will learn from. I’m starting to slowly believe in this kid! 

I did not really have that much of a problem with the INT.

In the replay you could see that #17 made the hand motion to send it. The two were going for it and it didn't work out. No tears. 

An interception borne of panic would have bothered me 10x more.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll give Wilson a B for the game. B = Because we won.

If we lost I would have given him a D ... D = Didn't do enough.

I'd say his level of play today was acceptable for a backup QB, but a little less to get excited about than last week. While he's still our best option I would hope fans support him like they would the rest of the team. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Denver had been one of the worst pass defences in the history of the league through 4 games.

Zach was bad. 

False!

Zach wasn't as good as he was last week, and he was very good, but he still played pretty well and had to make plays for the team to win the game.

GW should have had that pass on the INT. The fumbles need to be cleaned up, he had some mistakes, but Denver also had 3 key players on defense return who was out and a big part of why they have been struggling.

It was a solid game for Zach and his trajectory is up, confidence is rising!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

If only he had played this way his first or even second year.

He did.

This is the "Flashes" stage of Zach Wilson. 

Trying to remember, there was a Tenn. game, and a Pittsburgh game, where he similar had a few quarters of quality play, like last week and part of today.

Apart from that backbreaking fumble vs. the Chiefs, and the potentially backbreaking INT late vs. Denver (thank God our D seemed to have Denver's number in the 2nd half today).

Zach got carried today by the D and the Running game.  Same ol' Zach, same ol' hyping up his decent play as the start of something new.  We'll see vs. the Eagles, who unlike Denver, are not the worst D in the NFL.

1 minute ago, fullblast said:

This was a clutch throw that got overshadowed by the pick

Still, you’d like to see more than 6 offensive points against a bottom of the barrel defense like this.

The issue is that years of abysmal QB play has made us Jets fans consider throws like this as "clutch" or "great".  This is just a normal throw with a clean pocket to a wide open target.  QBs across the league do this constantly every game, every week.  Zach Wilson does not.  He checked it down and through to quick outs so much today throws like this seemed "clutch".  Good job by him here, but he should do this much more and he simply does not.  

Tuning into the niners game.  This is Mr. Irrelevant.  Has Zach Wilson ever once done something like this in the NFL?  It's not that crazy, just a QB keeping his eyes down the field.  Even Mike White has done something like this.  Maybe his first TD in Carolina?  I don't honestly know.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Cmon Tom we know it wasn't a great pass but one that 17 either should catch or knock down. 

It’s bad ball placement, which is a thing that plagues inaccurate QBs. But, like i said, it’s a positive that at least he gave Garrett a shot on that play, especially with Surtain in coverage.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

He's bad but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   Other than Garret Wilson our WR core stinks, we used our 1st round pick on a pass rusher who hardly plays, we are running a lot which we should be doing due to having breece hall.  The oc is still not very good.   The jets should have blown denver out this is obvious but propping up?

Lazard is a legit #2. Look at all the plays he made in GB. The reason he doesn't  look very good is who is throwing him the ball. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I just don't get this. Zach nearly threw the game away and the D bailed him out. Zach will never be a FQB. 

I’ve been a big Zach hater and I still dont expect him to be a FQB. 

But I think he played well and made some big plays + that INT was a PI by Surtain and was in GWs hands first…flukey play. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

He's bad but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   Other than Garret Wilson our WR core stinks, we used our 1st round pick on a pass rusher who hardly plays, we are running a lot which we should be doing due to having breece hall.  The oc is still not very good.   The jets should have blown denver out this is obvious but propping up?

You really aren't that bright!  And your negative Nancy routine is annoying.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m not sure what everyone who hated his game today wants / expects at this point. He was borderline out of the league bad….now he’s not and made some big plays when needed.

The crowd that is satisfied with today, I don’t think anyone feels that he has arrived and we’re set. Rodgers is coming back next year and probably in 2025. Let this kid use this year to build off of and continue to learn under his idol and we’ll see where we’re at.

How many times were we around the 10 in the red zone and how many TDs did we score? Throw a freaking TD pass. 

35 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Anyone claiming that Zach Wilson was anything higher than "bad" today has no clue about this sport. This kid has no idea what's going on once the snap occurs.

“No idea?” 

like literally no idea?

you have to be exaggerating 

if you’re serious about “no idea” then I’d know why many question your football knowledge 

5 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

image.thumb.png.b9ca8f233e937e372ee315db14fe2d0f.png

Looks like the coliseum fateful are voting  for Zach W. to hold onto his head this week. They'll wait until after the Eagles match up before throwing him to the lions.

I think a lot of dudes who think Wilson played well watched the game through the little ESPN app Gamecast animated graphic and the box score. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’ve been a big Zach hater and I still dont expect him to be a FQB. 

But I think he played well and made some big plays + that INT was a PI by Surtain and was in GWs hands first…flukey play. 

Stop it. He didn't  play well and that pick wasn't  a PI. Wilson threw the ball exactly where he shouldn't  have. Was it a lucky pick. Yes, very lucky but stop making excuses.  That was a horrible  throw and nearly cost us the game. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

False!

Zach wasn't as good as he was last week, and he was very good, but he still played pretty well and had to make plays for the team to win the game.

GW should have had that pass on the INT. The fumbles need to be cleaned up, he had some mistakes, but Denver also had 3 key players on defense return who was out and a big part of why they have been struggling.

It was a solid game for Zach and his trajectory is up, confidence is rising!

Happy Chris Farley GIF

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Stop it. He didn't  play well and that pick wasn't  a PI. Wilson threw the ball exactly where he shouldn't  have. Was it a lucky pick. Yes, very lucky but stop making excuses.  That was a horrible  throw and nearly cost us the game. 

Just like Sauces hold wasnt one last week right. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

How many times were we around the 10 in the red zone and how many TDs did we score? Throw a freaking TD pass. 

Yeah like I already said, I’m not saying here’s there and arrived, nor did I say he played great…just good…its okay if you feel different.

I’m gonna go enjoy the win because next week might be a bloodfest.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Another win with The Big ZW...

One more and it'll be his 10th!  Big milestone for a 3rd year player.

On the bright side, he now wins just slightly more than 1 game out of every 3 starts.  

Better than slightly less before today.