Props to Wilson

Ghost

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So, our QB had a 73% comp. %, 199 yards...in a win..and the bulk of the fans here hate him for it.  

I really have to question how many of your are actually Jet fans...Or just love to live in misery. At this point I'm not even sure y'all realize it.

I kinda feel sorry you.

It's very bizarre.....

This is funny coming from somebody who was miserable and negative all off season. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

So many of these DCs who get upped to HC are basically cookie cutter.  Their Offenses are run “scared” because they think they can always win the game with their defense.  Not a good strategy in this Era.

Last week he said he didnt go for the first bc he didnt think there was enough time to go score a TD    That excuse doesnt wash in this game and against a defense we ran all over.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

The problem is that he has improved (in a two game sample size)  from "insanely bad" to "just bad". I suppose he could continue to improve but idk man

1 minute ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I wouldn't say "just bad," more like "barely mediocre"...

Have a little respect, he threw for 199 yards today.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This stuff feels like it's unrealistic to me.  If we want a trade, teams are going to make us pay a premium because they know that we must think we're compromised.

Guess what:  We should pay the f**king premium then.

This team is average QB play away from competing for the division.  We also can’t count on Rodgers being Rodgers or even think about 2024 right now.

Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall are each less than 18 months away from being able to negotiate new contracts.  That’s the big picture focus JD SHOULD be thinking about at this time.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Last week he said he didnt go for the first bc he didnt think there was enough time to go score a TD    That excuse doesnt wash in this game and against a defense we ran all over.

Total momentum killer (which the Jets had tons of at that moment) vs KC, that play could well have cost them the game right there, and what was the end result?  FG miss and KC getting the ball almost exactly where they would have had it if they held on 4th Down.

But what was even a bigger mistake was the mindset used by Saleh in trying to beat Mahomes with FG’s.  You just don’t.  So DO NOT try.  But he did.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This team is average QB play away from competing for the division.  We also can’t count on Rodgers being Rodgers or even think about 2024 right now.

Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall are each less than 18 months away from being able to negotiate new contracts.  That’s the big picture focus JD SHOULD be thinking about at this time.  

Apparently the league won't even allow us to trade our #1 or #2 (not that I'd want to, btw) in this coming draft because it might be needed as compensation in the AR8 trade.  If you trade stuff from 2025, you're going to have to give up more due to the time value of picks.  Are you going to give up a 2025 #1 (plus probably more.  Maybe our 2024 #3) for Davis Mills?  And then your plan is to bench him all of next year when AR8 comes back?  How ridiculous would that be?

4 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Sounds to me like those supporting Zach here are saying, "You know, if you sauté this cow turd with a little garlic and basil, slather it with some marinara, and sprinkle a little parmesan on it, it isn't half bad"...

Part of it is to make the best with what we have.  But I still do see legit improvement in ZW.  I will admit that I dread saying this before this coming week's game against Philly.  And who knows how bad our OL will be (will AVT and Becton play?  How is Tippman?)

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Apparently the league won't even allow us to trade our #1 or #2 (not that I'd want to, btw) in this coming draft because it might be needed as compensation in the AR8 trade.  If you trade stuff from 2025, you're going to have to give up more due to the time value of picks.  Are you going to give up a 2025 #1 (plus probably more.  Maybe our 2024 #3) for Davis Mills?  And then your plan is to bench him all of next year when AR8 comes back?  How ridiculous would that be?

Considering that Rodgers just tore his Achilles at 41 years old, I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all to have a quality backup in place.

I also think Mills would make a strong long-term QB 1B option as well.  He’s young, definitely not at all terrible, and his future in this league isn’t set in stone.  Why can’t he be the kind of QB you turn to as a bridge option after Rodgers retires?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Considering that Rodgers just tore his Achilles at 41 years old, I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all to have a quality backup in place.

I also think Mills would make a strong long-term QB 1B option as well.  He’s young and his future in this league isn’t set in stone.  Why can’t he be the kind of QB you turn to as a bridge option after Rodgers retires?

What are you willing to trade for a guy you want to sit on the bench all of next year (and possibly the year after that)?  And what type of QB do you foresee him being down the road?  Does he have FQB potential?  If not, why would you trade away major assets to acquire him?  Again, we WILL be taken advantage of in any trades.  The idea that we'd be looking to trade for a guy that we'll make our starting QB means the other team knows they have us over a barrel.

What are you willing to trade for a guy you want to sit on the bench all of next year (and possibly the year after that)?  And what type of QB do you foresee him being down the road?  Does he have FQB potential?  If not, why would you trade away major assets to acquire him? 

I think there’s value to a QB 1b type, which I think he is at minimum.  Putting all our eggs in the basket of 1 QB has burned us so many times.  Why not ensure we have 2  for a bit?

Id easily give up our 2024 3rd and perhaps more if needed.

Makes sense for the Texans to move him too, considering they are of course committed to Stroud, already have Case Keenum on their roster and probably would prefer to get something for Mills while they can. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think there’s value to a QB 1b type, which I think he is at minimum.  Putting all our eggs in the basket of 1 QB has burned us so many times.  Why not ensure we have 2  for a bit?

Id easily give up our 2024 3rd and perhaps more if needed.

Makes sense for the Texans to move him too, considering they are of course committed to Stroud, already have Case Keenum on their roster and probably would prefer to get something for Mills while they can. 

What if they want a 2025 #1 (and possibly more)?  

4 hours ago, Xtina said:

If only he had played this way his first or even second year. If this were Zach’s first or even second year this would be very promising. A third year QB should not be throwing that interception. This is a very slow learning curve. 

All quarterbacks throw interceptions.

• Upvote 2

Wow, I made it through the whole thread and honestly nothing I just read surprises me. Tough crowd for sure!

The team won and  Zach played okay in a game filled with many miscues by both teams. Those need to be cleaned up.  To put things in perspective on Zach's first interception in 3 games IMO it wasn't nearly as bad as those thrown by Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes so I won't hang him for that. He took ownership of it being  off and also credited a great play by the CB in trapping it in his legs off the deflection.  He gives us the best chance to win and it seems like he's seeing things clearer which to me is progress. So yes, props to him!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

why, he is the QB and can call audibles and like he said in his presser he should have just thrown it Out of Bounds.

this is situational football. football 101. he should have known that Uzamah had no chance to score or get out of bounds but he threw it anyway. then he knows his has little time and isnt running up to spike the ball. its sad in year 3 he doesnt have basic football IQ to know these things.

Or, it's sad that we won and you just can't enjoy it until your QB plays a flawless game, which will never happen.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We did pay the premium.  Unfortunately the HOF QB we acquired got hurt after 4 plays.  You DON'T pay the premium a 2nd time (and this time for a guy who is a 3rd stringer?)  That just feels like a dumb/desperation move that we'd end up badly regretting.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

• He did not play as good as he did last week but he played better than his usual self. I know that’s not saying much but with Breece Hall and our defense, we do not need to throw 3 touchdowns a game. 

• He made very important throws to Wilson and Conklin that kept the chains moving. 

• The INT was his fault. He should’ve been in a position where only Garrett Wilson can catch it. This is something he will learn from. I’m starting to slowly believe in this kid! 

Yikes. It scares me that fans think Zach is playing decent. He is not. He is rex Grossman out there.

I wish he looked better but she just loves trying to lose the game

It is what it is a d we are probably stuck with him I guess.

There is hope because there is so much room for improvement but it does not seem likely 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Have a little respect, he threw for 199 yards today.

No doubt 

but I think one thing that is encouraging is that he’s had back to back 70% completion days. Low yards/attempt, obviously. But some functional offense and first downs. He couldn’t do that last year.

his accuracy is much better on short throws and timing routes 

Even on the pick, if Surtain doesn’t grab Wilson at the top of the route, Wilson is going to cross his face and that throw is money. That was PI. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We did pay the premium.  Unfortunately the HOF QB we acquired got hurt after 4 plays.  You DON'T pay the premium a 2nd time (and this time for a guy who is a 3rd stringer?)  That just feels like a dumb/desperation move that we'd end up badly regretting.  

I think we’ll regret doing nothing a lot more when Garrett Wilson inevitably shoots his way out of town.

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

No doubt 

but I think one thing that is encouraging is that he’s had back to back 70% completion days. Low yards/attempt, obviously. But some functional offense and first downs. He couldn’t do that last year.

his accuracy is much better on short throws and timing routes 

Even on the pick, if Surtain doesn’t grab Wilson at the top of the route, Wilson is going to cross his face and that throw is money. That was PI. 

This!

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Serious question - why didn't the vet Uzomah simply drop the pass ? 

so its Uzamahs fault? lol 

if i remember right he had his back to the field so Zach had a better look as to how open he was. either way the receivers is always suppose to catch every ball thrown at him. the QB job is to throw it away if he doesnt see something he likes.

even if you want to argue that its still Zachs fault for not running up to spike it. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think we’ll regret doing nothing a lot more when Garrett Wilson inevitably shoots his way out of town.

I made this same exact point last season.  I was saying we needed to try to get Brady or Rodgers.  We got Rodgers.  I'm sure GW is probably still excited about the idea of playing with him.  

I made this same exact point last season.  I was saying we needed to try to get Brady or Rodgers.  We got Rodgers.  I'm sure GW is probably still excited about the idea of playing with him.  

But we can’t count on Rodgers regardless of how miraculously quick his recovery is going.

It’s a fairly horrid place to be but the one thing we cannot be doing is sacrificing a full season on the pyre of Zach Wilson.  

JD seemingly wants to fast forward to 2024 and that’s a slap in the face to the most talented roster we’ve had in 13 years.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

But we can’t count on Rodgers regardless of how miraculously quick his recovery is going.

It’s a fairly horrid place to be but the one thing we cannot be doing is sacrificing a full season on the pyre of Zach Wilson.  

I agree we can't count on Rodgers this year.  He'll be QB1 next year though (assuming he doesn't get hurt in his attempt to comeback this year).  I don't think GW will force his way out of town if AR8 is throwing it to him.