Breakout game for JSN

AFJF

Should've been the Jets pick.

A lot of people wrote him off after six games despite him consistently getting open.  Today he's getting targets and he's got 4 for 62 and a TD half way through the second quarter.  Should easily top 100 yards and wouldn't be surprised if he finds the end zone again.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

JSN should have been the pick. It was a no-brainer. This is also just wrong 

One of Joe D's biggest flubs as GM.  Should've been one of the easiest decisions he'd ever make.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 3

Just now, PS17 said:

A hyper productive, early breakout OSU WR. With elite short area agility. NO BRAINER

And we've seen it from day 1 in the league.  No stats because he's not seeing the targets so the box score guys think he's a bust.  He's been getting open plenty.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

And we've seen it from day 1 in the league.  No stats because he's not seeing the targets so the box score guys think he's a bust.  He's been getting open plenty.

I drafted him in dynasty (over the consensus pick Gibbs who’s been kind of a ghost so far in Detroit). Fun fact, Douglas was gonna take Gibbs at 15 if the Lions didn’t. Woof

PS17 > Joe Douglas 

Edit: Gibbs had a good day but it was mostly garbage time. 

but if Will McD has the QB on the ground b4 he can throw the pass, then JSN becomes irrelevant. That being said, JSN should have been the pick. We're just so loaded on the Dline and starving for a true WR2.

Maybe JoeD thought we were getting a WR2 in trade, so he went Dline instead? Or maybe he didn't know CD12 was quitting on the team? But wither way, with the trading away Elijah Moore, JSN almost had to be the correct pick.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I drafted him in dynasty (over the consensus pick Gibbs who’s been kind of a ghost so far in Detroit). Fun fact, Douglas was gonna take Gibbs at 15 if the Lions didn’t. Woof

PS17 > Joe Douglas 

Edit: Gibbs had a good day but it was mostly garbage time. 

Gibbs is a beast.  Just has a HC who believes in having a workhorse back who carries the ball like it's the 80's and has Gibbs as RB2.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So zach would miss him just like other open wr’s 

not losing sleep over not drafting JSN

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

So zach would miss him just like other open wr’s 

not losing sleep over not drafting JSN

Would have no chance to hit his target, as evidenced by his 67% comp pct over his last three games.

Swap Lazard out with JSN and you remove several drive killing drops.

Swap him out with Cobb and you go from a corpse to a corvette.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

McDonald is a developmental EDGE with upside. JSN is a topped-out, oddly unathletic slot receiver who voluntarily sat out his junior year with a sprained ankle. The scuttlebutt out of Seattle is that they wanted him to be a slot guy with some gadget versatility, but they discovered that he doesn’t have the quickness to do it, so they’re trying to find him a more traditional role on the fly. Kudos to him finally breaking out for four catches against the mighty Cardinals, however. 

Exactly what every "win now" team needs.  Long-term projects in the first round.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Or a slot receiver who has 20 catches and a TD in seven games?

It's almost as if the QB has to throw you the football to produce.

Among the top WR's in the league in average separation per route run.

I know you know these things, but I also know you like to pretend you don't know these things.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Let's talk in a year. We weren't pleased with Jermain Johnson's progress by the end of last year and he is starting to show up. I'm not throwing out the baby with the bathwater because a WR had a good half of football. 

Do you think he'll have any more good halves of football or is today it for him?

Happy for JSN and his 4 catches. 

TBD on whether or not it was the right pick. We've played 6 games people. 

I like Will McDonald and what he brings. We'll see if he turns out to be legit. I think his role will only increase as the season rolls on, with Lawson looking like a shell of what he used to be before the injury. 

I'd want a vet receiver anyway to compliment GW and Lazard. I know many are against this move but I want to go after Renfrow, who would slide perfectly in the slot and serve as a short yardage quick read security blanket for Zach. He is a professional route runner and has reliable hands. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It's almost as if the QB has to throw you the football to produce.

Among the top WR's in the league in average separation per route run.

I know you know these things, but I also know you like to pretend you don't know these things.

The Seahawks face a ton of zone coverage because of Lockett and DK, which inflates the separation numbers for TEs and slots. JSN’s “separation” is the same as the great Wandale Robinson’s but a full half a yard less than the great Rondale Moore’s.

• Upvote 2