McDonald was the Unsung Hero

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

That is one way to look at it.  Another way to look at it is that JSN has not produced much on a mid-tier offense with a mid-tier QB.  Why do would he produce here with our bottom of the barrel offense with a bottom of the barrel QB?  How is Seattle "loaded?"  They have Metcalf and Lockett.  After that they have street FA Jake Bobo and Dee Eskridge who they like so much he has spent almost the entire season suspended for "personal conduct."  JSN is basically a starter at slot and plays more than half the snaps.  His lack of production is probably mostly the result of young receivers taking some time.  Exactly the reason that saying we should have drafted a receiver seems misguided to me. 

How has he produced in comparison to every WR on the Jets not named Garrett Wilson?

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So once the ball is snapped, you believe the kicker takes a look and scans the D-line before the kick to look for anyone leaping over the O-line?  This is a thing that you believe happens?  

Gano had no idea where Will was or that he jumped over the line, clearly he is looking down at the ball and kicks before having any idea what McDonald did as all kickers do!

10 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I know there was already a thread discussing the distinction between jumping the snapper and the gap, but @RichCimini even says that he "leaps the snapper."  That's a penalty now.

its only a penalty if you touch them in any way. that said i don't think gano even saw him so i have to disagree with the assessment that he disrupted gano's concentration

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

How has he produced in comparison to every WR on the Jets not named Garrett Wilson?

oh jesus christ. can we stop with the JSN crap already. he's not on the f*cking team . who gives a sh*t about the guy, it doesn't matter at all to the jets success or lack thereof 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He came close to taking a penalty on the play, it made zero difference, the guy just shanked it.

Athletic play but is a real grasp at trying to me him relevant.

If it wasn't shanked, it would have been blocked. There is no way of knowing if his amazing display of athleticism affected the play, but it sure was fun to watch. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If it wasn't shanked, it would have been blocked. There is no way of knowing if his amazing display of athleticism affected the play, but it sure was fun to watch. 

lol yeah so the kicker curved it around mcdonald.  spare me.  kickers don;t even look at who is coming in, they line up, head down and make the kick.

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

oh jesus christ. can we stop with the JSN crap already. he's not on the f*cking team . who gives a sh*t about the guy, it doesn't matter at all to the jets success or lack thereof 

Oh jesus christ can we stop telling other people what to talk about?  If it hurts your feelings just keep scrolling.