Jets are 4 and 3 b#tches

Dunnie

3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

We could be 7 - O and it still would not matter when you have a QB who can’t consistently attack the defense with his arm, it will eventually catch up to you.

This makes no sense. Logical fallacy. If we’re 7-0 the QB would attack the defense with his arm, among other things that would get us to that record 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

If I were the Jets OC, I would put Zach into a combination of the Buffalo hurry up no huddle offense ran by Jim Kelly and the no hurry but no huddle offense Brady used where they lock teams into a certain defensive alignment and don't let them substitute.

Zach has shown over and over that he is quite proficient at the 2 minute drill and those philosophies should be extended to our base offense.

Saleh may think he needs to open it up against Herbert.

Completely agree, I think Salehs main idea of offense is so counter to anything ZW can actualy do well, and he puts him in the absolute worst passing situations with a supsect at best line

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

If I were the Jets OC, I would put Zach into a combination of the Buffalo hurry up no huddle offense ran by Jim Kelly and the no hurry but no huddle offense Brady used where they lock teams into a certain defensive alignment and don't let them substitute.

Zach has shown over and over that he is quite proficient at the 2 minute drill and those philosophies should be extended to our base offense.

Saleh may think he needs to open it up against Herbert.

That would be a formula for making the D and special teams, the actual strength of this team much less effective.  The Bills had the best personal in football and you could make a strong argument that the hurry up was their undoing against equal competition.

Yes the O should be opened up.  If you run the hurry up and don't convert 1st downs you are killing the strength of this team.  Brady and Jim Kelly weren't one read QB's.  They didn't need to take the snap and see what develops to make a quick read.  They weren't playing against prevent D's all game long.  

They need to open up the passing games and free him up to make some tight window throws.  They don't need to go hurry up and kill the entire concept of how the team was built. 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We won’t win, because of Zach.  That’s MY point.  Sh*t QB play catches up with you.

And a 2000 Ravens reference?  Really?   Dilfer threw 12 TDs in 8 starts (11 games) that year, back when DBs could still touch receivers.  Zach has gone multi-game stretches without throwing a TD.  Dilfer even had a 3-TD game that year, something Zach has never done.

I guess you missed the whole "5 games without an offensive TD." 

Dude.  I get it.  WE ALL GET IT.  You hate Zach.  So does half the board.  I also don't think he can be a starter in this league.  At least, not for a while.  Maybe one day like Geno Smith, when it finally clicks after hanging around long enough. 

The Jets are 4-3.  Could have been a lot worse.  Telling us that bad QB play will catch up to us with Zach Wilson as the starter is like saying it's going to rain when there are storm clouds in the sky.  Better to enjoy the moments while it is not raining than to rain yourself on the sun's parade.

If by some miracle Aaron Rodgers comes back for the playoffs, we only have to win 6 out of the ten we have.  Given who we have already beaten, it is quite possible.  Enjoy the ride:  You will probably live longer!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Just now, Biggs said:

That would be a formula for making the D and special teams, the actual strength of this team much less effective.  The Bills had the best personal in football and you could make a strong argument that the hurry up was their undoing against equal competition.

Yes the O should be opened up.  If you run the hurry up and don't convert 1st downs you are killing the strength of this team.  Brady and Jim Kelly weren't one read QB's.  They didn't need to take the snap and see what develops to make a quick read.  They weren't playing against prevent D's all game long.  

They need to open up the passing games and free him up to make some tight window throws.  They don't need to go hurry up and kill the entire concept of how the team was built. 

Ummmm you guys ever thought that maybe the QB is incapable of making these throws so the OC don’t call these throws. 

I know it’s hard for the armchair HCs to see this but it has a name for it to make it easier for y’all to understand, it’s called: QB1 blows chucks and we don’t want him tossing the game away.

Your welcome 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Ummmm you guys ever thought that maybe the QB is incapable of making these throws so the OC don’t call these throws. 

I know it’s hard for the armchair HCs to see this but it has a name for it to make it easier for y’all to understand, it’s called: QB1 blows chucks and we don’t want him tossing the game away.

Your welcome 

fart GIF

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Your welcome 

so why doesnt saleh put in Simeon or Boyle????

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I guess you missed the whole "5 games without an offensive TD." 

Dude.  I get it.  WE ALL GET IT.  You hate Zach.  So does half the board.  I also don't think he can be a starter in this league.  At least, not for a while.  Maybe one day like Geno Smith, when it finally clicks after hanging around long enough. 

The Jets are 4-3.  Could have been a lot worse.  Telling us that bad QB play will catch up to us with Zach Wilson as the starter is like saying it's going to rain when there are storm clouds in the sky.  Better to enjoy the moments while it is not raining than to rain yourself on the sun's parade.

If by some miracle Aaron Rodgers comes back for the playoffs, we only have to win 6 out of the ten we have.  Given who we have already beaten, it is quite possible.  Enjoy the ride:  You will probably live longer!

I’d rather just ask for a new QB but that’s just me.  Failing with Zach as the team’s ride or die is the aspect in which there’s a choice in the matter for this franchise.    

But lemme guess:  Your response to this will be something like “asking for a new Qb does nothing”.  Guess we should just close up shop on the message board then.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

It’s called saving face because we drafted the stooge 2nd overall and gaslighted the entire fan base about his suckness for 2 years and counting. 

Not to mention, Simeon doesn't belong on any roster.  Boyle is basically a camp arm that knows the offense. Cut them both and they both sit at home on the couch. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’d rather just ask for a new QB but that’s just me.  Failing with Zach as the team’s ride or die is the aspect in which there’s a choice in the matter for this franchise.    

But lemme guess:  Your response to this will be something like “asking for a new Qb does nothing”.  Guess we should just close up shop on the message board then.

How is that asking for a new QB working for you pal?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Your welcome 

It would be unconciable for a real football organization to run out a QB who's incapable of making those throws.  Now while I agree Saleh and Hackett are incompetents, I don't think they are actively trying to lose their jobs.   

• Upvote 1

It’s called saving face because we drafted the stooge 2nd overall and gaslighted the entire fan base about his suckness for 2 years and counting. 
Then what do you call trading premium draft picks for Rodgers? Was that saving face on Wilson or admitting he wasn't cutting it as QB1?

Your welcome 
No .. because I've seen more than enough examples of him making these and even more difficult throws.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

No .. because I've seen more than enough examples of him making these and even more difficult throws.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

If he could ever start doing that to the open receivers  we will be in good shape. His problem really isn’t the throws he can’t make,kid can literally make almost any throw on occasion,  it’s the throws he doesn’t make because he doesn’t see open receivers that’s the issue. Shitty line doesn’t help, but it’s always been and likely always will be an issue.,

Just now, Biggs said:

Saving face?  They will get canned for lossing.

Bro no they will not, these clowns could literally lose every game going forward and I 1OO% promise you NOBODY IS GETTING FIRED, read the room:

1.the lack of urgency tells the tale and this holds true for any and every sport, if Woody would have put these dudes on notice behind the scenes you would’ve seen JD be more aggressive before the deadline.

2. keeping Zach Wilson as QB is another clue:

-he sucks but if he suck’s enough they get another high draft pick.

-If he plays at an average level maybe we can stay afloat for a potential rodgers return

-Or maybe he turns the corner (least likely If we are being fair)

Point is no GM HC would take these type of gambles if their job was on the line at any point.

Woody 1OO% told them they are safe the night rodgers when down 

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I hope your right but ive seen nothing to indicate he is going to be more aggressive and take some shots.

Then you have already forgotten just how bad he was last year

(says the guy who still needs to see A LOT more before I become a "believer" . . .)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
15 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Then what do you call trading premium draft picks for Rodgers? Was that saving face on Wilson or admitting he wasn't cutting it as QB1?

Ummm everything is rocket science around here I guess

HOF QB becomes available that’s better than every other QB besides literally 4 in the entire world, GM go gets the QB.

Not a hard thing to figure out tbh

a real GM admitting is mistakes would’ve punted Wilson to the sun (like SF did) especially after the team turned on him last year 

But 

What do I know?

27 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Your welcome 

You and Jets fan outta get a place together.  You'd make great roomies.

• WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Give Oatmeal a call.  You guys would be good for each other. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Funny.

I don't brag about anything I do personally. Honestly I probably do, but as a rule I really try not to . We are just football fans though, so bragging after a win is perfectly acceptable.

It is okay to be happy and root for the Jets after all. :)

If I was on the team or affiliated with them? Hell no I wouldn't brag about being six and three because the job isn't done.

Lucky for us! We're just fans so we could brag away.

You're good, I was just busting balls.  I actually made a tshirt this week that says, "The Jets are 4-3, bitches!".  I've worn it every single day.  Hopefully they win 2 in a row and then I wont have to replace my "The Jets are 6-3, dickholes" from last year.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Ummm everything is rocket science around here I guess
HOF QB becomes available that’s better than every other QB besides literally 4 in the entire world, GM go gets the QB.

Not a hard thing to figure out tbh
a real GM admitting is mistakes would’ve punted Wilson to the sun (like SF did) especially after the team turned on him last year 
But 
What do I know?
Holy sh*t, I can't believe I just read what I read. HOF QB becomes available? Hahahahahahahahaha! Yeah, they just had him sign on the dotted line! Easy peasy!

• WTF? 1

Not happy about our QB situation. Haven't been for most of the last three years. I feel like we'd not only be 7-0/6-1 right now with Rodgers, but that we would be the odds on favorites to win the whole thing because of our defense, specials, and amazing offensive playmakers. Instead, we're 4-3 and worried about the fact that there isn't a single game on the schedule that I can confidently pick as a surefire win because of Zach.

Alllllllllllllllll of that said, I'll give this thread a thumbs up because for the first time in ******* 13 years, we've gone past Halloween two years in a row with a winning record. That itself is something to be happy about. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bro no they will not, these clowns could literally lose every game going forward and I 1OO% promise you NOBODY IS GETTING FIRED, read the room:

1.the lack of urgency tells the tale and this holds true for any and every sport, if Woody would have put these dudes on notice behind the scenes you would’ve seen JD be more aggressive before the deadline.

2. keeping Zach Wilson as QB is another clue:

-he sucks but if he suck’s enough they get another high draft pick.

-If he plays at an average level maybe we can stay afloat for a potential rodgers return

-Or maybe he turns the corner (least likely If we are being fair)

Point is no GM HC would take these type of gambles if their job was on the line at any point.

Woody 1OO% told them they are safe the night rodgers when down 

These guys are both lame ducks without a new deal.  Woody would turn on one of both of them in a nano-second if he thought it was good for business.  

The high draft pick is likely to be lower than last year when we took a Defensive player who is barely getting playing time. 

If he plays at an average level this team as constructed is a playoff team.  If he turns a corner it's a home run. 

Any professional GM or HC who believes the owner when they say they are safe when the team isn't openly tanking for a QB in the draft is as good as dead.

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

You're good, I was just busting balls.  I actually made a tshirt this week that says, "The Jets are 4-3, bitches!".  I've worn it every single day.  Hopefully they win 2 in a row and then I wont have to replace my "The Jets are 6-3, dickholes" from last year.

That's great. It really saves us a lot of money when the mediocre records match from year to year.

My same old jets 1 and 5 shirt is worn out.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1