Izzy - how could he be used?

Maxman

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes he has been inactive every week. We know this offense needs a lift. So taking out of the mix, why he is inactive for a minute, let's talk about how he can be used.

He only caught 12 balls his senior year. So is he a 3rd down option?

Someone who watched him in college please chime in. What would he add to the offense? (Serious question, I know the offense is missing a lot).

image.png

Does Izzy play QB ?

• WTF? 1

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

He is a bit light and too many NFL carries may get him 

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I think they like him but they would like him to put on some weight.

This:

2 hours ago, Joejet said:

He is 5’11” 216 pounds, how big do you think they want Him? By comparison Michael Carter is 5’8” 201.

Dude is a bigger Leon Washington.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes he has been inactive every week. We know this offense needs a lift. So taking out of the mix, why he is inactive for a minute, let's talk about how he can be used.

Someone who watched him in college please chime in. What would he add to the offense? (Serious question, I know the offense is missing a lot).

image.png

Just saying how it's fascinating that none of out newly registered posters that are just super die hard Jets fans and have 20 posts in any thread discussing our Poverty QB haven't weighed in on this thread OR ANY OTHER THREAD that doesn't focus on Zacapono. Talk about Jermaine Johnson? Nope. No FactsOnly and his brethren. 

Comment about field conditions? Nope. 

Weird. So, so weird. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Well are you suggesting he be a kick returner? Leon wasn't all that successful  as a full time RB. 

Neither was a Leon. Leon was a complimentary Offensive weapon and useful on ST's. 

That's precisely how Izzy Wakanda should be used. Cook is WAAASHED

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Neither was a Leon. Leon was a complimentary Offensive weapon and useful on ST's. 

That'd precisely how Izzy Wakanda should be used. Cook is WAAASHED

Ok i'm not sure you understood me, but I really like Gipson as kick/punt returner. No reason to make a change there. Also I like him running sweeps. Izzy will get his turn. Right now he is serving as depth. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Ok i'm not sure ypu understood me, but I really like Gipson as kick/punt returner. No reason to male a change there. Also I like him running sweeps. Izzy will get his turn. Right now he is serving as depth. 

I agree. But like last week when Gip got hurt and our CB 1A had to handle returns? Nope. 

Cook can go chill and be "depth". Get the fast young rook involved. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I agree. But like last week when Gip got hurt and our CB 1A had to handle returns? Nope. 

Cook can go chill and be "depth". Get the fast young rook involved. 

The reason Cook is playing is business, not due to his talent. He is making considerably more money than Izzy. He is going to play otherwise the Jets would be admitting a mistake. It’s  the same reason Zach is still on the team. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

It's just silly that they aren't using him at this point but Cook still sees the field.

He can catch the ball lout of the backfield just fine.  Didn't do much of it because Pitt didn't ask him to do it much.

I don't recall any drops in the pre-season and he earned high marks catching the ball at his pro day.  I saw a couple in college but also saw him look smooth doing it so figured it was an opportunity thing more than anything.

I thought he was fine as a blocker after watching him pre-draft but found some ugly attempts after the Jets took him so it's a spot where he may be capable but needs work.  This still shouldn't prevent them from giving him a handful of carries every week.

Michael Carter has had plenty of carries in the past without being asked to pass block.

Knute talking about Izzy here at 1:40

We going inside em, we going outside em, inside em, outside em,  we gonna Go GO GO!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Anyone know how to get a hold of Tonya Harding? I have a package I need her to deliver to Dalvin Cook.

You are sending a package to cook?  I can think of a different address that would help the Jets offense.

Cobra Kai Sweep GIF by IFC

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hey look! We're talking about stuff! Hey @bicketybam, you might want to explain to your new friend @FactsOnly who Leon Washington is....

And Joe Namath, Joe Klecko, the Sack Exchange, Vinny Testaverde, Al Toon, Wayne Chrebet, Freeman MacNeil.........

Your Zach Wilson mental illness has you rambling about nonsense again

The hell Leon Washington gotta do with the 2023 Jets 😂😭🤣😆

Hey look! We're talking about stuff! Hey [mention=10893]bicketybam[/mention], you might want to explain to your new friend [mention=34565]FactsOnly[/mention] who Leon Washington is....

And Joe Namath, Joe Klecko, the Sack Exchange, Vinny Testaverde, Al Toon, Wayne Chrebet, Freeman MacNeil.........
WTF? Why am I being tagged in this?
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I think they like him but they would like him to put on some weight. Next year we probably have seen the last of MC and Izzy takes his spot. 

I disagree.  Who would be the 3rd RB?  Cook is gone after this season.  I think it will be Hall, Izzy and Carter

26 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
Hey look! We're talking about stuff! Hey [mention=10893]bicketybam[/mention], you might want to explain to your new friend [mention=34565]FactsOnly[/mention] who Leon Washington is....

WTF? Why am I being tagged in this?

Because I am trying to help you!

LOL

29 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Your Zach Wilson mental illness has you rambling about nonsense again

The hell Leon Washington gotta do with the 2023 Jets 😂😭🤣😆

You didn't read the thread, because you care nothing about any other player or aspect of this team. **** on off back to a BYU board, Mordechai!

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You want to go empty with Zach Wilson, a banged up OL, two backs split out and Gipson? I think that’d result in a bunch of funerals and not touchdowns.

The mental gymnastics a Zach apologist will contort his/her(zach's mom post here) brain defies the laws of physics. 

• WTF? 1

You didn't read the thread, because you care nothing about any other player or aspect of this team. **** on off back to a BYU board, Mordechai!

Guy tagging me in random threads I didn’t post in here you circus clown you called me in here for some weird reason

seek help

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

image.png

As RB 2. Ever snap that is going to Carter give to Izzy. Every snap going to cook give to Izzy

Every breather given to hall give to Izzy

Let the rook shine

1 minute ago, FactsOnly said:

You tagged me in here goofball

find something better to do

go away GIF

Nope. I'm going to relentlessly give you sh*t until you stop trolling the board OR when you disappear after the current starting QB of MY favorite NFL Team is cut and you go away with him. 

Have fun!