If lazzard can’t go

kmnj

2 hours ago, doitny said:

Lazzard is avging 4 targets a game. it doesnt matter who is out there, Zach wont find them

He is finding Garrett Wilson because hey, Garrett Wilson is good.

Qbs do not find Wrs that can't get open and or drop the ball.

After Garret Wilson our Wr's are atrocious.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

TEs and RBs need to get a lot of targets in this game. Getting Conklin multiple catch and runs early on would set a good tone and hopefully open up options elsewhere.

I assume the Chargers are going to load up heavy against the run, and be looking to stop the TEs and the short/screen passing game. Not being able to stretch the field really hurts. GW17 will be getting double and triple teams. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, genot said:

That doesn't address the separation issues. He doesn't get targeted alot because he isn't good enough to get open on a regular basis. While those drops might not alarm us, I'm sure Wilson is reluctant to throw his way in tight coverage because he's not very good at winning on contested catches. So I'm not laying all the blame on Lazard, but he isn't a #2 guy. Corey Davis dropped his share of passes, but he at least got open on a regular basis. This passing offense would be much better if he was on the roster.

thats fair but he was #1 last year in GB. 100 targets and 60 catches. now those arent the best numbers but he must have been getting open last year.

i understand that, that was last year and he could have regressed but i have to side against that considering Zach is one of the worst QBs in the NFL this year.

GW who we all think is great has a 57.4% catch rate. Lazzard believe it or not is better at 58.6%.

GW is 32nd in the NFL in receptions. out of those top 32 WRs one guy is below GW 57.4% catch rate.  and GW is 17th in targets and again one guy has a worst catch rate in that top 17. 

so either GW sucks too at getting open or there is something wrong with who is throwing to them.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

thats what the official NFL stats say. 

oh thats right, you dont believe in stats. 

you should change your name then, cause stats are facts.

he had 2 drops the last game alone man and 3 that hit his hands

this why I’m telling you guys to watch the games not the box scores

use your eyes take off them personal bias goggles!!

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, doitny said:

thats fair but he was #1 last year in GB. 100 targets and 60 catches. now those arent the best numbers but he must have been getting open last year.

i understand that, that was last year and he could have regressed but i have to side against that considering Zach is one of the worst QBs in the NFL this year.

GW who we all think is great has a 57.4% catch rate. Lazzard believe it or not is better at 58.6%.

GW is 32nd in the NFL in receptions. out of those top 32 WRs one guy is below GW 57.4% catch rate.  and GW is 17th in targets and again one guy has a worst catch rate in that top 17. 

so either GW sucks too at getting open or there is something wrong with who is throwing to them.

. Zack shares part of the blame. But to be fair, when you continuously flushed out of the pocket, it must have an effect on the chemistry a QB has with his receiver. Makes it all the more important to have somebody else who can get open, catch the ball and bail his QB out. Wilson doesn't have that

4 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

Just to throw this out there.. let's say we went out and got obj...I think he had 15 catches coming into yesterday...I know he was hurt but 15 catches...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

doesnt have to be a big name like OBJ

they are literally trotting out PS players and a 50 year old Cobb Lazard is a CAN

they should have drafted a receiver in the later rounds also

41 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

he had 2 drops the last game alone man and 3 that hit his hands

this why I’m telling you guys to watch the games not the box scores

use your eyes take off them personal bias goggles!!

ok i will play.

5:37- that was close. looked like the guy got his hand in there. thats a contested catch.

6:00- this was knocked out of his hand. the DB stuck his right hand between both of his hands. not a drop.

12:48- this was a hard catch but by definition he wasnt contested just the way he fell i cant blame him for that one. but my guess is this is the one the NFL gave him the drop on.

now 14:20 is a drop. but thats Hall. no one around him hits his hands, no defensive player contesting the catch.

just getting your hand on a ball is not a drop. and having it in your hand for a second and then have the DB knock it out is not a drop either. 

a drop is when you have your hands on it like Hall did and you just drop it without a DB slapping it out of your hand.

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

ok i will play.

5:37- that was close. looked like the guy got his hand in there. thats a contested catch.

6:00- this was knocked out of his hand. the DB stuck his right hand between both of his hands. not a drop.

12:48- this was a hard catch but by definition he wasnt contested just the way he fell i cant blame him for that one. but my guess is this is the one the NFL gave him the drop on.

now 14:20 is a drop. but thats Hall. no one around him hits his hands, no defensive player contesting the catch.

just getting your hand on a ball is not a drop. and having it in your hand for a second and then have the DB knock it out is not a drop either. 

a drop is when you have your hands on it like Hall did and you just drop it without a DB slapping it out of your hand.

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

the dime right into his bread basket and the blunder on the slants are DROPS

hits you in your hands catch the ball!!

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

3 TE sets. It is literally the ticket to jumpstarting the running game, getting play action to GW and creating chances for blown coverages in an easily confused Charger secondary.

Couldn't agree more - regardless of whether or not Lazard plays I don't know why the Jets are running as much 3 WR sets as they are. The weakness of this offense (besides Zach) is WR depth and OL. We have decent TE and RB depth. Lets run some bigger packages - get more TEs on the field to help our OL and try and utilize guys like Conklin/MC/Dalvin Cook in the passing game.

Its clear our WRs not named GW all can't get open - so whats the point of having them out there? Lazard at least is a good run blocker - if he can't go lets just play heavy and try and get the run game open and take some PA shots to Garret. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, doitny said:

ok i will play.

I believe they only gave Hall a drop in the Giants game.

For the record the Jets have 14, not the worst in the league. Still well below average.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Dude has wheels. Do we know if he's picked up the offense yet? 

And what about Gipson and Brownlee? Do they know they routes?

This is Malik Taylor's third year in this offense. The Jets signed him December 29th, but he was with Rodgers/Hackett in GB in 2020 and 2021.  It's literally the only offense he has every played in the NFL.  He has a start and 7/80 with a TD on 9 targets.  He probably knows the O better than Zach and that is not even a knock on Zach.

Gipson and Brownlee have been with the team for 6 months.  How hard is it to learn "routes?"

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is Malik Taylor's third year in this offense. The Jets signed him December 29th, but he was with Rodgers/Hackett in GB in 2020 and 2021.  It's literally the only offense he has every played in the NFL.  He has a start and 7/80 with a TD on 9 targets.  He probably knows the O better than Zach and that is not even a knock on Zach.

Gipson and Brownlee have been with the team for 6 months.  How hard is it to learn "routes?"

With that said, I don't get why we can't get some of these younger guys going. It feels like Zach can only look to GW17 for anything that is a non-short-pass. I don't see Lazard and Cobb being real solutions. Lazard has had a couple great catches, but we've got to get the passing game going.