If lazzard can’t go

kmnj

Who do the jets put at wr ? Cobb in theory becomes the 2 although most me included think he is washed - do they use a younger inexperienced guy or put CJ or Dalvin at wr on some plays ?- we know the offense will be going through Breece and  g Wilson but they will need more tonight 

19 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Who do the jets put at wr ? Cobb in theory becomes the 2 although most me included think he is washed - do they use a younger inexperienced guy or put CJ or Dalvin at wr on some plays ?- we know the offense will be going through Breece and  g Wilson but they will need more tonight 

Same as always, a rotation likely including Cobb, Gipson, Etc. Saleh loves his rotations.

Hope Ruckert has a good day. 

19 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

That should be the case, but Saleh will depend heavily on Cobb's leadership.  Nevertheless, I forecast a huge game from Garrett Wilson, 2 TD catches, 180 yds 

Really? Cuz I see it the other way around. I think the Chargers will bracket GW, sending double teams his way all night and he will have pedestrian production. Our TE's, RBs and backup WRs will need to step up because they will most likely have opportunities to make plays. 

I think everyone and their grandma knows that if you stifle Breece and double GW, this Jets offense can do nothing and Zach will sit there with the ball until the pass rush gets there. Which, with our leaky o-line is not very long. 

Big challenge for the coaches if Lazard can't go. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Really? Cuz I see it the other way around. I think the Chargers will bracket GW, sending double teams his way all night and he will have pedestrian production. Our TE's, RBs and backup WRs will need to step up because they will most likely have opportunities to make plays. 

I think everyone and their grandma knows that if you stifle Breece and double GW, this Jets offense can do nothing and Zach will sit there with the ball until the pass rush gets there. Which, with our leaky o-line is not very long. 

Big challenge for the coaches if Lazard can't go. 

Crowd the line to stop Hall, double team or best man CB on GW, and make Zach beat you via the pass to receivers other than Wilson. 

I presume if SD Has any brains that's what they'll try and do tonight.  If Zach can exploit Ruckert and the TE's (and perhaps Hall and/or Carter?) in space, or get a Gipson or other young WR open deeper, he should be able to beat that kind of D plan.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, doitny said:

Lazzard is avging 4 targets a game. it doesnt matter who is out there, Zach wont find them

If you we're a QB, would you feel comfortable throwing to a WR, who has the a problem with drops. Especially a receiver who rarely gets separation. Most of the time, lazard is tightly covered. He isn't very good.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Crowd the line to stop Hall, double team or best man CB on GW, and make Zach beat you via the pass to receivers other than Wilson. 

I presume if SD Has any brains that's what they'll try and do tonight.  If Zach can exploit Ruckert and the TE's (and perhaps Hall and/or Carter?) in space, or get a Gipson or other young WR open deeper, he should be able to beat that kind of D plan.

The other thing is, its tough to double or bracket GW, crowd the line AND keep Breece from being a receiving threat. So use Breece as a receiver. He should have some opportunities on screens and dump offs. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, PepPep said:

The other thing is, its tough to double or bracket GW, crowd the line AND keep Breece from being a receiving threat. So use Breece as a receiver. He should have some opportunities on screens and dump offs. 

Key point in bold.  Hall out of the backfield has worked this year, we should see more of it, and more of the TE (Ruckert I hope) doing a similar kind of thing.  +1

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, genot said:

If you we're a QB, would you feel comfortable throwing to a WR, who has the a problem with drops. Especially a receiver who rarely gets separation. Most of the time, lazard is tightly covered. He isn't very good.

in GB he had 6 drop in 15 games last year. he has 14 drops in 40 starts with Rodgers in GB. with Zach he has 3 drops in 7 games.

he doesnt have a problem with drops. at least he didnt when Rodgers was throwing to to him.

and even with Zach, the drops arent a big problem. i know fans think once a ball touches your finger its a drop if you dont get it but thats not what we see in the NFL stats.

so even with Zach, 3 drops in 7 games isnt bad. and 14 Jet drops in 7 games is 2 a game. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, genot said:

If you were a QB, would you feel comfortable throwing to a WR, who has the a problem with drops. Especially a receiver who rarely gets separation. Most of the time, lazard is tightly covered. He isn't very good.

“bUt hE’s bUdDieS wiTh rOdGeRs”

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, doitny said:

in GB he had 6 drop in 15 games last year. he has 14 drops in 40 starts with Rodgers in GB. with Zach he has 3 drops in 7 games.

he doesnt have a problem with drops. at least he didnt when Rodgers was throwing to to him.

and even with Zach, the drops arent a big problem. i know fans think once a ball touches your finger its a drop if you dont get it but thats not what we see in the NFL stats.

so even with Zach, 3 drops in 7 games isnt bad. and 14 Jet drops in 7 games is 2 a game. 

That doesn't address the separation issues. He doesn't get targeted alot because he isn't good enough to get open on a regular basis. While those drops might not alarm us, I'm sure Wilson is reluctant to throw his way in tight coverage because he's not very good at winning on contested catches. So I'm not laying all the blame on Lazard, but he isn't a #2 guy. Corey Davis dropped his share of passes, but he at least got open on a regular basis. This passing offense would be much better if he was on the roster.

• Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, doitny said:

3 drops????

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN
knock it off man

• Sympathy 1