Boyle over Siemian - Do you approve?

slimjasi

Do you agree with the decision to start Boyle over Siemian?   

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the decision to start Boyle over Siemian?

1 minute ago, GangGreened said:

I’d go with the guy that had 11 TDs to 3 picks the last time he had to start in this league, but that’s just me.

Unless you want to show the football world that Boyle sucks and see we had to keep starting the horrible ZW because we had nothing behind him. I trust none of the decisions of this braindead duo of JD/RS, especially when it comes to the QB. Fire them both. The geniuses have records of 24-52 and 15-29. Yuck.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Most important news was Siemian being elevated and Zach being demoted like he deserved.

Who was named starter this week didn’t matter much to me as long as they’re the QB1 and 2.

Zach not being released still concerns me. Still get the feeling Woody could bring him back again.

• Ugh 1

I don't like either, and have no real belief in either, but of the two I'd prefer Seimien, despite my challenge in correctly spelling his name most of the time.

But no, we should be watching the fourth or fifth start of (admittedly also bad but better than Wilson/Boyle/Seimien) Carson Wentz or similar at this point.  God, makes my brain hurt even typing that, ugh, yuk.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Semen can play at a backup QB level. Boyle doesn't belong in the league.

I think this team can win games with backup QB level play.

I guess, I mean, he hasnt won a game since 2017 but maybe.  Who knows.  I still support going w/ Boyle first.  I thought he looked sharp in preseason granted it was vs. poop, but whatever, like I said, I think he deserves the half to see what he can do.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't like either, and have no real belief in either, but of the two I'd prefer Seimien, despite my challenge in correctly spelling his name most of the time.

But no, we should be watching the fourth or fifth start of (admittedly also bad but better than Wilson/Boyle/Seimien) Carson Wentz or similar at this point.  God, makes my brain hurt even typing that, ugh, yuk.

haha, yep,. We all naturally want to make that last vowel an E but it's actually an A! Siemian. And I before E except after C also applies. It's a tough one. Boyle definitely has the cooler name. 

Yep - Wentz was my preferred target but I knew it was never happening. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s a sunk cost regardless. 

That's not the point. Any player that needs to be cut that wasn't signed as an FA is a sunk cost. At this point it's minimizing losses and waiting a few months can do that.

I’ve considered this season over since the Chargers game. So who starts doesn't matter as long as it’s not Zach. If Boyle sucks, we can start Siemien. We have 7 games left. Those are tryout games in my mind. Need to see if these guys should be on next year’s roster.

Lazard should get benched in favor of Brownlee. Charles should get some playing time as well. We need to figure out if we have WR 4,5,6 on the roster.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

That's not the point. Any player that needs to be cut that wasn't signed as an FA is a sunk cost. At this point it's minimizing losses and waiting a few months can do that.

When would be the best time to cut him then? Can anyone explain why he’s dressing Friday? It’s bizarre.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

When would be the best time to cut him then? Can anyone explain why he’s dressing Friday? It’s bizarre.

Probably the offseason. I'm not a contract genius but I;m pretty sure it's better to cut him in the offseason (pre or post June 1) than now.

The reason he's dressing Friday is because he's behind 2 QBs who haven't started a game in a while behind a bad OL. Chances of injury are high.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hex said:

Probably the offseason. I'm not a contract genius but I;m pretty sure it's better to cut him in the offseason (pre or post June 1) than now.

The reason he's dressing Friday is because he's behind 2 QBs who haven't started a game in a while behind a bad OL. Chances of injury are high.

How would you feel if they picked up Zach’s 5th year option?

Just now, Hex said:

So when does Zach start again?  

59 minutes ago, JiF said:

Yes.  I agree w/ Boyle over Siemian because he's been here since camp.  He's had way more time to get to know the locker room,  develop rapport, digest the playbook, etc.  Fwiw, I feel it's deserved and I'd to see what he has, while I know everyone is convinced he sucks after that huge sample size on Sunday, I saw a QB that was quick w/ and knew where to go w/ the ball, so I'm kind of interested in seeing what he's got for a half.  If it's bad, I assume that's why Siemian was elevated the #2 spot. 

So yes, start Boyle, give him a chance and have Siemian ready to go if it's bad.

Short week anyway, so may as well start the one who's been practicing our own plays instead of pretending to be the opponents' QBs. 

At least enough to give him a 1% edge on the coin toss of who gets the nod.