Zach “reluctant” to start again at QB

T0mShane

29 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I can’t believe there are people defending this. Literally can’t cut him either because of his ties to ownership. Clusterf*ck.

I’m not defending him I just find the whole situation hilarious at this point. Idk how anyone on this staff has a job next year 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Zach Wilson has been put in a bad situation since he was drafted. He ate a lot of sh*t and the team really made him look bad in the process, regardless of the fact that the kid isn't any good at QB.

This is the ULTIMATE revenge to send to Douglas and Saleh. If you think for a moment this incident isn't pissing Woody off to no end, then just remember what got Rex fired. 

It wasn't the 6-10 season in 2012, or the collapse of 2011...it was 2013/2014 when everyone started saying this organization became a clown show. That's what's happening now. Good for Zach Wilson and bye bye to the Douglas-Saleh regime.

that would all make sense if Rodgers wasn't the shadow GM right now 

The Jets are on the hook for like another 40 in cash and another 70 in cap to this guy 

he's the captain now 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

To clarify the Jets have a problem and it's Zach 

Admitting he's a drain on the roster would be a good first step 

I did not mean you personally. 

Jets have a million problems, GM, HC, OC, OL, WR's, ZW is done with the Jets, that does not get them any closer to a QB until they fix the GM/HC/OC situation

• Upvote 1

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Jets have a million problems, GM, HC, OC, OL, WR's, ZW is done with the Jets, that does not get them any closer to a QB until they fix the GM/HC/OC situation

I don’t think Zach is necessarily done. If he can choose not to play, he can choose to stay too. 

2 hours ago, Plen T said:

have they? post the teams record when he doesnt start mate

Wow.  Still with the "Zach won games" argument?

The Jets purposely left the QB room weak and anointed Zach Wilson the undeserved QB1 2021-22 and undeserved QB2 in 2023.  He's been handed everything and failed. 

He's deserved every benching regardless of how the other QBs performed.  Which, btw, statistically he was the 4th weakest Jets QB from 2021-22, so....

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I can’t believe there are people defending this. Literally can’t cut him either because of his ties to ownership. Clusterf*ck.

It's not like he's refusing to play for the Green Bay Pakers.  That would be indefensible.  Refusing to play for the Jets, priceless.

• Haha 2

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

shrugs, I mean, its hard to imagine a situation where they bring him back at this point, if hes really refusing to play, hes got zero value to the Jets, but we are the Jets, so I guess anything is possible with this God foresaken franchise

He has value to the owner. 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’d imagine someone from Zach’s camp made it clear to Douglas that Zach is done as a Jet and they don’t want to further risk his health and safety by playing him again in a lost season. I’m sure Zach himself would go out and play “if asked” because he doesn’t want to look like a puss, but the people who rep Zach are rightly looking out for his future. 

Yep, that is certainly plausible but who benefits from leaking this to the press?  That's the part that doesn't make sense to me as it makes both Zach and the organization look bad,

Just now, T0mShane said:

Imagine being a banged up Garrett Wilson, going out there every week to get killed playing with the worst QBs he’s ever played with, and you have Zach Wilson opting out of the season

It’s guys like GW who need to go to woody and jd and tell them to get more qbs who are men and can play the position.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, cat999 said:

Yep, that is certainly plausible but who benefits from leaking this to the press?  That's the part that doesn't make sense to me as it makes both Zach and the organization look bad,

I’d guess it might be the guy sending LOL emojis to a semi-retired sports talk radio host. 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Zach hasn't been any good.  The idea that Zach doesn't want to be a top NFL QB is insane.  The kid wants to succeed.  The best chance for that to happen is for him to get away from the NY Jets.   This was a straight up commander move. 

Where's the proof?  He's gotten worse over his 3 years and has not done a thing to demonstrate he cares about football.

Newsflash:  Not everyone who plays in the NFL likes football.  Curtis Martin didn't, and he's a HOFer.